CAR CLUBS and the FUTURE

Upon reflection, it's no longer safe or possible to drive in the manner that many of us used to do in our younger years.

The number of road users and the attitude of Police make it unsafe to do so at the present time.

Not to mention the lack of driver skills and predisposition of many drivers to allot a priority of the mobile communications whilst driving.

Upon reflection, it's no longer safe or possible to drive in the manner that many of us used to do in our younger years.

The number of road users and the attitude of Police make it unsafe to do so at the present time.

Not to mention the lack of driver skills and predisposition of many drivers to allot a priority of the mobile communications whilst driving.
Hmm, I don't know if driving stupidly fast was ever safe, but it is very possible these days, and in my world, very unlikely you'll get busted.
The local police are so predictable in their behaviour, and in my rather gentrified area there has been a steady closure of suburban police stations since the 1980's.

I'm sure a politician could give statistics to the contrary, but back in the '80's when I was a kid, there seemed to be a whole lot more cops on the road and as soon as I sped or did anything silly…..BAM!!! a copper had me nicked.
These days it would be a very rare day that I got pulled over.
Jo

My son is always telling me that my generation is the reason his generation can't drive the way we use to

I still drive like my generation always used to
Nothing has changed at all
The cars are faster/better now :wink2:

Back on topic,
Car clubs have been mostly replaced by Google, YouTube & great forums like AussieFrogs: An ever expanding Brains Trust. So what is the best way forward for the physical clubs?
There are a lot of great suggestions within this thread, can we all consolidate them into one statement per reply then we vote on the reply’s as ‘likes’? Then get your club to try the suggestions with the most likes?
Just as a thought,
Adrian