CAR CLUBS and the FUTURE

No you now get a warning with netflix saying xyz is logged in, where it then refuses to play the content, nothing more scary then that.

I wonder how many times you see that message before they shut down your account. :wink2:

Netflix do have a comprehensive TOS statement.

It would seem unlikely they would let breaches continue for ever.

Maybe I'm just too "honest", I'm happy to pay a reasonable fee for a good service. So I'm never likely to see "the message".

$17.99/month for four concurrent screens.

I'd have trouble being in four places at once. And it's seems lunacy to watch another device whilst seated in front of , purpose built TV.:wink2:

We currently have the "standard plan" and it quite suitable for our needs.

6 Passwords and Account Access. The member who created the Netflix account and whose Payment Method is charged (the _Account Owner_) has access and control over the Netflix account and the Netflix ready devices that are used to access our service. To maintain control over the account and to prevent anyone from accessing the account (which would include information on viewing history for the account), [at are used to access the service and not reveal the password nor details of the Payment Method associated with the account to anyone. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account. We can terminate your account or place your account on hold in order to protect you, Netflix or our partners from identity theft or other fraudulent activity.

So netflix only "license" the original account creator to view their content.

From which one could deduce sharing passwords with others is a breach of their TOS.

I'd have trouble being in four places at once. And it's seems lunacy to watch another device whilst seated in front of , purpose built TV.:wink2:

We currently have the "standard plan" and it quite suitable for our needs.

6 Passwords and Account Access. The member who created the Netflix account and whose Payment Method is charged (the _Account Owner_) has access and control over the Netflix account and the Netflix ready devices that are used to access our service. To maintain control over the account and to prevent anyone from accessing the account (which would include information on viewing history for the account), [at are used to access the service and not reveal the password nor details of the Payment Method associated with the account to anyone. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account. We can terminate your account or place your account on hold in order to protect you, Netflix or our partners from identity theft or other fraudulent activity.

So netflix only "license" the original account creator to view their content.

From which one could deduce sharing passwords with others is a breach of their TOS.

No its not. Read it again

No its not. Read it again

https://www.express.co.uk/life-styl...4/Share-Netflix-Account-Policy-UK-Price-Plans

We expect that Netflix is a household level purchase, and that sharing with members of the household is a reasonable thing to do," he said.

"When the kids go off to college, are they going to use that login?

"Well, that's probably OK, but when the kids go off and form their own household, they want the control of having their own account, so eventually that turns into a new revenue stream for us there as well."

"The terms of use is sharing within the household and that's our expectation," he added.

"I don't think we are obsessed with enforcing compliance with a one-household-per-account constraint. Because, in reality, it's a high-value programme, so that's what people are going to do."

Interpret the TOU anyway you like, however Netflix CEO Reed Hastings has stated what Netflix expect. :wink2:

We've been running three screens in three cities without any issues for over three years. It is what is says.

I understand there will always be some users that choose not observe the TOU.

I guess that is an individual, ethical, choice.

As I said earlier, Netflix is so reasonably priced why would bother depriving them of their income ?

Fortunately, it seems majority observe their TOU and thus they can stay in business.

Ok... but car clubs and the future?

I certainly joined the Citroen fraternity when I was pretty young, but I agree that it would seem that these days, it is increasingly more of a (healthy) nostalgia for older folk.

Another factor is the access to mechanics who can still service these cars.
I'm guessing that these days it is mostly those who can do a fair amount of work on their own cars.

In terms of home media and mobile media, its killing a lot of things.

I still play in a band, and I'd say that for most of the age group from 16 - 45, very few would consider going out to see live music as a great idea versus watching the big screen at home. Albeit that they may go to a concert or a festival.

We have a terrible time getting gigs .. or an audience. (No, we sound alright ... :rolleyes: )

The world has indeed turned quite a few degrees.

I really do believe its a big lack of understanding about what a car club can allow you to do, in the last few months i have had 5 of my mates all in their 20's join up to clubs after seeing some of the events I was getting involved it, and i really do think thats all it takes.

I really do believe its a big lack of understanding about what a car club can allow you to do, in the last few months i have had 5 of my mates all in their 20's join up to clubs after seeing some of the events I was getting involved it, and i really do think thats all it takes.

With car clubs that has always been the key to both growing membership and running successful events, convincing a peer group to participate - bring along your mates and enjoy the club. I always used group encouragement in getting key members committed to the event I was running and then mentioning to their mates that they were attending. Worked well in those days as a motivation tool over many great events.

ken

RCCD, defunct since the late seventies, held a re-union for the fiftieth anniversary of it's founding in February 1968. It was attended by the same 40 or so early stalwarts that brought the club into being and enthusiastically got it on it's way. We relived great times and memories and I think that for most, the fact that the club is no longer in existence was totally overshadowed by the amount of enjoyment we all got from our time of being involved.......Car Clubs come and go. LCCA anyone??

Whenever we (RCCA) have tried “come and try type days with motorkhanas”, it rarely transcribes into new members; or members that last more than a year. So not sustainable.

There is more than motorsport to clubs!!!

Isn't there?

Perhaps, but younings don’t want to go to say Shannon’s eastern creek, and sit there all day talking to old farts like you and I!

No but they will spend an afternoon once a month doing just that!

This mob;

"Tuned International"
https://www.facebook.com/tunedinternational/

Yes of course it's a facebook page and not a POBOX or some old web page, well they hire the area under our grandstand so they can have a show and shine once a month. They charge for your car to be on display ($10 I think) and they attract 500, 750 cars each month easily. They have a couple of merch tents and sell branded hats and shirts, a DJ in the corner thumping out tunes, we give them a pizza van and they are never short of content, i.e people with nice cars whom want to just park somewhere nice for an afternoon, and talk to each other about cars.

For those that have been to Sydney Motorsport Park, this mob will fill the area from the old ARDC building, all the way to the fence, under the grandstand, and 3/4's of the way up the hill towards Gate B.

Car clubs in the future are going to be fine. ;)

Car Clubs come and go. LCCA anyone??
Used be the best place to have a few beer early in the morning.

As I recall LCCA had a policy if someone was ordering :the bar remained open.

LCCA went bankrupt due to biting off more than it could chew financially.

If LCCA hadn't gone broke -the bar would still have patrons. :wink2:

Perhaps, but younings don’t want to go to say Shannon’s eastern creek, and sit there all day talking to old farts like you and I!

Being in a club is good when it comes to Eastern Creek. You get an excellent reserved parking spot close to the activities. Even if the 'activity' includes talking to the same old farts!

The NSW historic rego 'trial' system will attract people to some of the clubs. I joined the **** Car Club recently with this in mind for a car that's turning 30. There are some eligibility requirements for the rego system in most clubs, which is entirely understandable to ensure they are not just gamed for cheap rego. However, if clubs make these requirements too onerous, it will tend to turn people off. A difficult balance I guess.

The CCCNSW is good at keeping members aware of upcoming events etc. with regular e-mails circulated. This is really essential today and technology beyond paper must be embraced. (The printed club mag is still fine, but endangered due to the high cost vs a PDF version) The new club I have just joined is probably OK in this respect, but I've just not found the stream of consciousness that tells me exactly when and where I can use my **** with this secretive group!

Some of the more obscure one-make clubs with older, slower, less appealing (to younger enthusiasts) cars will very likely struggle and vanish.

Being in a club is good when it comes to Eastern Creek. You get an excellent reserved parking spot close to the activities. Even if the 'activity' includes talking to the same old farts!

The NSW historic rego 'trial' system will attract people to some of the clubs. I joined the **** Car Club recently with this in mind for a car that's turning 30. There are some eligibility requirements for the rego system in most clubs, which is entirely understandable to ensure they are not just gamed for cheap rego. However, if clubs make these requirements too onerous, it will tend to turn people off. A difficult balance I guess.

The CCCNSW is good at keeping members aware of upcoming events etc. with regular e-mails circulated. This is really essential today and technology beyond paper must be embraced. (The printed club mag is still fine, but endangered due to the high cost vs a PDF version) The new club I have just joined is probably OK in this respect, but I've just not found the stream of consciousness that tells me exactly when and where I can use my **** with this secretive group!

Some of the more obscure one-make clubs with older, slower, less appealing (to younger enthusiasts) cars will very likely struggle and vanish.

As a good few one make car clubs have already. I would have to say most of them vanished before the onset of paperless magazines......

I'm reminded that the number and position of drink holders is now a major factor in car sales, along with multimedia connection and the ability of the vehicle to avoid collisions totally set up by it's driver.....

We don't need car clubs any more......

Used be the best place to have a few beer early in the morning.

As I recall LCCA had a policy if someone was ordering :the bar remained open.

LCCA went bankrupt due to biting off more than it could chew financially.

If LCCA hadn't gone broke -the bar would still have patrons. :wink2:

Yep I still remember the rally guys in one corner talking up last weeks event and why they didn't win.

Who came up with the saying "The drunker I get the faster I was"