Brake experts ~ please expose yourself!

I do know all model Jeep brakes inside out & even wrote a book on them.
Of course the M38 has top shoe adjusters but they don't have bottom ones, that Willys had changed to a sliding anchor, totally unlike the early model Jeeps that used exactly the same adjustable twin bottom anchor style as the Traction Avante Citroens, we are actually discussing here.

Of course the M38 has top shoe adjusters but they don't have bottom ones, that Willys had changed to a sliding anchor, totally unlike the early model Jeeps that used exactly the same adjustable twin bottom anchor style as the Traction Avante Citroens, we are actually discussing here.
Cool.

The old Rovers had a fairly involved drum brake arrangement with 4 shoes/4 adjusters per wheel.
They were rod brakes obviously with a centre "balance" bar that gave a greater mechanical advantage to the front wheels.
With everything lubed and adjusted properly they actually performed quite well and pulled up straight and the true, (up to the cars 90kph max anyway).
I had the car for several years and after the initial setup, (other than the recommended lubrication) I never touched them again.
My old Bean also had a similar braking arrangement.
I seem to recall my father (he was a mechanic) saying some of the early Pommy car's hydraulic brakes were inferior in performance to some of the mechanical systems they were replacing.
This the rear brake parts diagram for a Rover.
The parts book I have is the earlier version, printed before they started fitting front brakes.

Resized_20221104_205432.jpeg

Wow, my 1950 Renault 4CV had twin adjustable pivots on bottom brake shoes, upgraded by 1954. That's prewar technology. What's the date for the M38 Jeeps?