Another R17 owner planning to upgrade

"Shoji"Genuine not cheap Chinese Copy !!!

Shoji Facet.jpg

Nail on the head. You know what I'm thinkn Nauli.. Those pumps can be trouble.
I'm wanting a good elec. pump under the car too near the tank. Recommendations?
John I have a (genuine...as per Ray's post) Facet square low pressure pump on the A110 mounted up front near the tank and it is perfect. I have a larger (still Facet I think) barrel type on the A310....again mounted up front but on the chassis rail out of harm's way...also excellent.

Yeah the facet style I wasn't a fan of - very noisy.

Thoughts on these??

These are the low pressure pumps I use for carbs. I still like to use a regulator at 2.5-3 Psi on sidedrafts. These are a Pieburg pump. Certainly more expensive, but quiet and reliable.

These are the low pressure pumps I use for carbs. I still like to use a regulator at 2.5-3 Psi on sidedrafts. These are a Pieburg pump. Certainly more expensive, but quiet and reliable.
Thanks Alan. I like quiet! I went to Napa this morning with the exact part code. I bought this for $85. I do find Napa a bit cheaper than their other family of outlets. What fuel reg do you use? Now to sort a decent filter system. I'm thinking of something like mounted with replaceable filter that you can get from places like Napa. Not a fancy billet thing that I'll wait for a filter that doesn't fit. There's a bit of room up back right where the tanks outlet is to mount all this gear. Hope not to foul with the main axle, etc.

Fuel Pump.jpg

I have used both of these styles, but you do need to set them up with a gauge as the numbers on the top of the top one are not necessarily accurate.

Reactions: COL
Very neat John. Where are they from?

There's a local speed shop here. He saw me coming...
On the net, I just couldn't make heads or tail of the sizes and the fittings so I consulted a shark.

Yeah that stuff is filthy $$$

But hay, do it nice hopefully once ;)