Another R17 owner planning to upgrade

In between rain and hail today at our suburb, helping neighbours with water leaked inside theirs house because of full gutters, I did manage to sneak out to the workshop for 3 hours and finish stripping the r/h guard. It has had some previous run ins but lines are good!

rh guard 2.jpg
rh guard.jpg
S.jpg
Neighbours Lawn.jpg

Attachments

• Right hand.jpg
    Right hand.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Right guard stipping.jpg
    Right guard stipping.jpg
    644.3 KB · Views: 74
Look what I happened to stumble across! The unobtainium. But I'm worried they are homemade as the originals had muliple layered leaf springs in the one hinge set. This set has one each per hinge.
On their way so we will see.
Door hinge retainer springs.jpg

Tends to be only the later Weber carbs with air bypass adjustment that have test ports, on old stuff it's more of a guessing game...

They are the 151's that need the progression holes added over the butterfly to stop the hesitation.

View attachment 223045View attachment 223051

View attachment 223047
There was a thread on here from a few years back that Sunroof had running about progression holes in Weber DCOE carbs.

Yep progression hole port works fine and the thread is identical to a tubeless tyre valve stem. Just push the tube to the gauges into the tubeless stem. At least 4 progression holes are required to get a 45mm DCOE's to work right on an 807 series engine. 45 mm's were what was used on 12 Gordini's.

Can someone tell me what thread size are the DCOE 40 inlets?
I'm wanting to go AN fittings all the way to the new fuel line that I will be fitting. Wanting the lines to go down the sides of the carb, one to an elbow and the other to a tee. from there to the aluminium fuel line. Fuel pump at tank!!

x2.jpg

Re-drilling progression holes - Urgh - Been there, done that. On older carbs if you can find a set of 40 DCOE 2 they are a great basis to work from esp on the 13/1400 engines. I've now got a set of 45 152 G (zetec) carbs on the 1700 yet to see how it progresses on the road.
For your fuel connections it would be as easy to get a pair of banjo connections with your chosen pipe thread size, that way you keep the ability to quickly disconnect a Carb if you need to. It's a parallel thread on the Carb body, so very difficult to seal with a threaded fitting. Keeping the Banjo and washers is the way to go https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/38349302...uid=eF-57JFnS1m&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Can someone tell me what thread size are the DCOE 40 inlets?
I'm wanting to go AN fittings all the way to the new fuel line that I will be fitting. Wanting the lines to go down the sides of the carb, one to an elbow and the other to a tee. from there to the aluminium fuel line. Fuel pump at tank!!

View attachment 223098
Fire protection?

I’ve got a Bosch 070 in the 17G. Had a cheapie but it died pretty quick. Mounted in the stock location in front of the tank.

Hi Jensen. Cheers. I was wondering what to fit and that's the type of pump I was thinking when looking online. The one in the link is a high pressure EFI type. A low pressure is what I thought would be needed here. I'll continue to look at their site.
A pic of your pump location would be appreciated if possible???

If you fit something like a Red top next the tank you'll get about 8-10 psi, so you will need a filter king or similar at the carb end to drop the pressure at the needles back to 2-4PSI otherwise you'll have problems, fuel leaks from carbs etc.