Another R17 owner planning to upgrade

The screen i usually marked what type it is, have a look around the edges for markings. Maybe in the bottom corners or the bottom middle.

Have a ring around the local windscreen places and get a quote and availability. Better they pay the freight and take the risk of breakage in transport.

More on the factory F*#@ up. It clearly has been cut to make it fit for hinge alignment.

Top cut off.jpg
Third panel cut off.jpg
Distance apart.jpg
To align hinge holes panel was cut.jpg

Bloody congrats to all this work you are doing Shoji, this is going to be most loved 17 in the Galaxy :)

Shoji yours is mild compared to the condition of a R15 on Renault Classic Car Club in the UK on Facebook. This is eaten in a bad way and still being fixed. Yours will be good. I have no doubts.

Ray

A lot of work Ray, that's all I can say. But I've learn't that tack welding is a must on this sort of work.

I would say, any 17 that has not had this work done would have the rust there. Just depends on how much

More today. The curve at the bottom connecting to the sill was bitch with woodwork tools. :ROFLMAO:

Pillar Sill.jpg
Front of pillar.jpg
Pillar sill reconstruction.jpg

Now that is nice work, and will be well worth it in the end.

Just remember "A Clamp is a Clamp" in any language ........

Ray

An unbelievable amount of work. How many cars have been scrapped with much less rust than that? I have taken copies of the images just for future inspiration. He doesn't even have a metal support structure but has used wood and concrete blocks. Think I would/will build a steel base before I tackle my two very rusty cars. If I ever get to them. o_O

An unbelievable amount of work. How many cars have been scrapped with much less rust than that? I have taken copies of the images just for future inspiration. He doesn't even have a metal support structure but has used wood and concrete blocks. Think I would/will build a steel base before I tackle my two very rusty cars. If I ever get to them. o_O
Yep. Shoji is a freeking bad arse!

What a legend :)

Three jack stands at various points including the Jarrah and Oak on both chassis rails. No concrete but that's dust on the Jarrah.
The inside metal panel behind the A pillar and sill is around 1.8mm thick and seems very strong. It is all part of the left firewall and goes all the way to the back of the car. The whole sill is also 1.8mmthick.
When putting the A pillar back in place, Ive noticed no movement has happened. Alignment is perfect.

Front of pillar.jpg

The Rust.jpg

I obviously do not love R15's that much ........

Or it is the last R15 in captivity ....

Ray

A lot of work Ray, that's all I can say. But I've learn't that tack welding is a must on this sort of work.

I would say, any 17 that has not had this work done would have the rust there. Just depends on how much

More today. The curve at the bottom connecting to the sill was bitch with woodwork tools. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 202338View attachment 202339View attachment 202340
Lovely work John. That's the silver lining in the black cloud from the fire I reckon. Congratulations.

ooooooh that facebook 15 is really a work of love there. I shan't complain about the few spots in my 12 ever again!

ooooooh that facebook 15 is really a work of love there. I shan't complain about the few spots in my 12 ever again!
He doesn't have much to go on with air instead of panels. Hats off to him. Angru, didn't you just pickup one pile of rust similar?