Another R17 owner planning to upgrade

If anybody wants another atco to restore I have one... think it’s 18”. It’s one of the kick start ones.
LoL Angru. Mine is also for sale on Gumtree. I have no need for it where I live now. A rotary is what I use now to pick up the leaves from the Eucalyptus trees. Bit off thread. [emoji4]

Sent from my Moto G Play using aussiefrogs mobile app

LoL Angru. Mine is also for sale on Gumtree. I have no need for it where I live now. A rotary is what I use now to pick up the leaves from the Eucalyptus trees. Bit off thread. [emoji4]

Further off, rotaries are very good mulchers up to finger thickness if still green....

I was going to turn my Renault 17 into a lawn mower... but decided it was easier to turn my lawnmower into a Renault 17.... project for another day.

Ok, back on the REN 17. Since the rebuild of the 807 the camshaft oil seal never sealed. A bit of splashing around the engine bay. Part number 77 03 087 019. 32 x 45 x 10. Can I get these in Aus or do I have to order O/S?
I ordered from ren12 shop but as Marleen mentioned, it may not make it's journey. Which it didn't. I ordered it early Dec 19.
Any leads would be appreciated.

The question is what's wrong with it? Is the camshaft worn? Was the seal installed correctly/properly?

If all is good, then yes, you need a new seal, otherwise see above.

Just take the size to a good bearing shop (I use BSC motion technology in O'Connor) they'll sort you out possibly on the spot. Ask for Viton.

This would be nice...

Attachments

• il_570xN.1542337528_i58w.jpg
    il_570xN.1542337528_i58w.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 166
It's been a while since I had my R17, but isn't the R17 mirror the same as the R12?

I have one of those ste air flow metres to balance my twin DCOE 40's. No, 1 cylinder has a flow rate at idle of a measure of 4. No, 3 has the same at balance of the two carbs. All good. But what is weird is no, 2 & 4 are much lower at a measure of 2 & a bit. Why the difference? Always been like this since rebuilding the engine.
1582623441626.jpg