A little Renault eye candy...

yea I'll give that.. handsome.
I'll get a nice photo by the water :)

heres a better photoView attachment 227638

No there's no motor in the boot.
Saggy springs.
I have new rear springs in the back.

Incidentally the low life that stole my containers and cars has been charged and is bailed for court in November.
That is particularly satisfying news re thief. How long to achieve that - 2-3 years???

A friend of mine took a couple of photos of my Caravelle and I
RenualtCaravelle-MD-0H8A8003 (002).jpg
thought they came out very well. Let me know what you think.
RenualtCaravelle-MD-0H8A8029 (002).jpg
RenualtCaravelle-MD-0H8A7982 (002).jpg

Its interesting Renault produced some beautiful , and strong and unique cars right up to the 25 (R18 excluded!) what has happened since ?!

Marketers have replaced Marque-Auteurs.
(Sorry 🤣)
Yea I have just got my Captur back from a family member and am again disappointed again how bad the ride is compared to the older Renault Scenic I have been driving for a while. WTF ? They are both similar cars aimed at the same market 10+ years apart. o_O
But it sure looks smarter than the Scenic and has jazzy looking mags, that suffer from easily done gutter 'rash'. Going backwards in day to day use, while the old cars were good that way and comfortable and handled good too !
Jaahn

Its not only the styling that has slipped, some of the practical side of the cars has slipped in some models.
You’re right Col,I am still shaking my head at the design and impracticality of my daughters late clio 1V rs 200 edc transmission (6 dc 250?) where the clutch fork is electronically engaged to achieve drive,so clutch thrust bearing is constantly under pressure while driving vehicle.all this extra engineering/manufacturing to achieve apparent fuel saving between gear changes resulting in a less reliable system..jim

You’re right Col,I am still shaking my head at the design and impracticality of my daughters late clio 1V rs 200 edc transmission (6 dc 250?) where the clutch fork is electronically engaged to achieve drive,so clutch thrust bearing is constantly under pressure while driving vehicle.all this extra engineering/manufacturing to achieve apparent fuel saving between gear changes resulting in a less reliable system..jim
I wasn't really thinking about the mechanical engineering bits Jim, but you are right when it comes to some of the mechanical designs just to save a bit of fuel or satisfy emission standards, it makes you think "what were you thinking here when you designed this".

I was trying to allude to the more every day use of the rear of the hatchbacks and wagons.

My R12 wagon rear squab folds forward and the back rest folds down to make a nice level flat load area with the rear part of the station wagon where you could sleep and also carry a heavy load such as bricks etc (which I have done)

The rear seats of both my Laguna hatch and Megane wagon do not fold flat in the same way and provide a large level load area.

Perhaps the new age engineers think that people use their cars differently now.

Renault produced some beautiful , and strong and unique cars right up to the 25 (R18 excluded!)
Why exclude the R18?
I think the 18 was a lovely looking car, quite sculptural in fact. I liked the 18 wagon best.
I had an 18 wagon and it was a lovely car.

Why exclude the R18?
I think the 18 was a lovely looking car, quite sculptural in fact. I liked the 18 wagon best.
I had an 18 wagon and it was a lovely car.
I liked the appearance of the R18, but was disappointed with the driving experience.

I had an 18 wagon loan car for a weekend and thought it was a nice car. Went well.

Yea I have just got my Captur back from a family member and am again disappointed again how bad the ride is compared to the older Renault Scenic I have been driving for a while. WTF ? They are both similar cars aimed at the same market 10+ years apart. o_O
But it sure looks smarter than the Scenic and has jazzy looking mags, that suffer from easily done gutter 'rash'. Going backwards in day to day use, while the old cars were good that way and comfortable and handled good too !
Jaahn
Interesting Jaan, I expect the same way a Kia SUV looks the goods but the road noise and handling are unimpressive. However I was expecting a Captur & Koleos would have a similar scenic ride, I think reminiscent of a 16

Having owned many new Renaults for many years including an R16, R16TS and a Koleos I would have to say that the Koleos comes nowhere near the ride of any R16 variant. It's not bad, but with 65 section tyres inflated to the correct pressures it's bloody lumpy compared with the 16TS and nowhere near as comfortable as the original R16. The modern propensity to put rubber bands on huge diameter wheels does nothing for comfort!

I agree Kim. Took my Fuego out to club meeting last night and we have 40 k's of rough asphalt and some good road then a lot of freeway. The Fuego is a much nicer ride over the rough than the Latitude with its rubber band tyres. The smoothest car I have is the Floride with its 15 inch 145 tyres. Really modern cars are not made for Australian poorly built and maintained roads.

Interesting Jaahn, I expect the same way a Kia SUV looks the goods but the road noise and handling are unimpressive. However I was expecting a Captur & Koleos would have a similar scenic ride, I think reminiscent of a 16
Well vivid you would be disappointed. I just drove the Scenic again just now and it is streets ahead on comfort ! I have a set of standard Clio rims with higher profile tires and lower pressures to improve the ride but not a magic bullet for poorly selected spring rates, dampers and small travel. Just the opposite of all the old Renno designs. Even the 750s were good.
Jaahn