1968 404 injection

Thanks Graham bot sure if that's good or not. I came with 2 more fuel pumps which might be useful.

Peter maybe somewhere in between. Just stripping it now and its pretty sold with just the usual offenders so far. Front cross member, front floors and corner of boot floor.

On a tight budget so will have to see how I progress. It was in a shed from 94 til now so fingers crossed

Sent from my SM-A530F using aussiefrogs mobile app

Do it Cally404, take your time and enjoy the process.

It doesn't look like a normal KF2 404 setup, as these had the throttle body behind the injection pump

This said, it doesn't appear to have the altitude compensator of the 504 injection unit and the injection pump looks like a KF2 pump

Either way, it is very much worth restoration, although you do have to hope that the innards of the KF2 are well, as they are expensive to fix. Official 'fix' involves all-expenses paid trip to Nürnberg and will set you back about 4K. Don't ask me how I know this.

If you can get it working well it is a major improvement on standard 404 - a lot more grunt between 100 and 160K and good economy if driven with careful right foot.

I have the factory manuals if these would help

Andrew

It doesn't look like a normal KF2 404 setup, as these had the throttle body behind the injection pump

This said, it doesn't appear to have the altitude compensator of the 504 injection unit and the injection pump looks like a KF2 pump

Either way, it is very much worth restoration, although you do have to hope that the innards of the KF2 are well, as they are expensive to fix. Official 'fix' involves all-expenses paid trip to Nürnberg and will set you back about 4K. Don't ask me how I know this.

If you can get it working well it is a major improvement on standard 404 - a lot more grunt between 100 and 160K and good economy if driven with careful right foot.

I have the factory manuals if these would help

Andrew
Factory manuals would be awesome. Just starting on this project so very little info at the moment. Thanks

Confirmed 1.8 KF6, early 504 by a person who has two. Below is a picture of an inlet manifold showing a sheet steel connecting piece, missing on the 404. The KF6 uses throttle position to determine load as does the 404 injection. The 2 litre went to vacuum control for emission control reasons. image1.jpeg

Yeah KF6. There is - curiously - a shop in Vancouver that has a KF6 injection pump, rebuilt and ready to go. The 504 Injection was never sold in Canada, though I did see one early 504 Injection here (private import) circa 1977...so maybe that's where the pump came from. The shop with the pump is Fred Holmes Fuel Injection in Richmond BC. IIRC they wanted about $2K for it. Cheaper than a Koller rebuild, eh Andrew?

The rubber unions on the intake manifold should not ever be clamped or require clamping. If they do, the rubber has perished and/or the electro valve is leaking fuel into the manifold when driving and making the rubber swell. They were never clamped originally and when I see them clamped I immediately know what it is....

Hi guys. Hoping you can help with This one.. recently purchased and just started to take apart. Can anyone help with any info on the engine. Can't seem to find much on the injection engine in Australia. Also any other tips you have would be great. So far I can see I am missing a rocker cover and radiator but a heap of bits were in the boot.

I'd like to know the VIN of the car, for the register. Does the paint label say "Moyen Blue"? Curious about that code too. Thanks

I'd like to know the VIN of the car, for the register. Does the paint label say "Moyen Blue"? Curious about that code too. Thanks
Hi Mike. Yes Moyen Blue is it's respray. It was originally pale blue so thinking I will return it to the original. I can check out the VIN after work and let you know. Thanks

interestingly i had a Renault 8 in that colour Moyen Blue ,

Worth a look but it won't be the same. It'll be the 504's serial number.

The only factory 1.8L 404s were twin carb station wagons built for North America in 1970-71, Model U6S.

This is what I have for an engine number. Looks like 2 lines. 30 G 69 and 7801275041 P
Not sure what that equates to but definitely not the otiginal engine
20200603_170259_resized.jpg