1925 Citroen 5CV

By the pic you can see that there is a small rod with wing nut to the transmission drum linkage at the bell housing where I have removed the small cover plate.

The foot brake shaft goes from the right to the left and links to the rod going to the back of the car.

Hope this helps.

1923 B2 - - John
John,

Many thanks for that, it helped a lot!
I have enclosed a pic of the 5CV setup along with your B2.
There are differences in both models, but the brake principles are the same.

All I have to do is fit a lever on my foot brake linkage to pull back like the hand brake does.
Then make the hand brake pull up the gearbox brake, instead of the foot brake pushing it down.
Now I know how my Father did it. He was lucky enough to have many spare parts that would have made the pull bake lever easier to make.

Thank you so much.
Regards,
Ron

Attachments

• 5CV.jpg
    5CV.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 104
  • B2.jpg
    B2.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 100
Hi Guys, I have finally changed the braking system so that the rear wheels are also included with the transmission brake.
I followed an idea that was made by a guy in France, changing it from LHD to RHD. It was a challenge, but I got there.

The LHD one was simple as every thing it on the left hand side of the gear box.
I fitted a long rod which went from the left of the gear box, across to the right side chassis for support.
The rest was manufacturing parts and a lot of welding. Pictures attached of the mod I did, and the french one I followed.

The hand brake works like it always has.
The foot brake, when applied has a lever with a slot, to stop interfering with the hand brake lever.

Attachments

• Citroen brake system 01.jpg
    Citroen brake system 01.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Citroen brake system 02.jpg
    Citroen brake system 02.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 99
  • Citroen brake system 03.jpg
    Citroen brake system 03.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Citroen brake system 04.jpg
    Citroen brake system 04.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 103
  • LHD Citroen brake system 01.jpg
    LHD Citroen brake system 01.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 118
  • LHD Citroen brake system 02.jpg
    LHD Citroen brake system 02.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 113
Hi, just doing some research on TJ Richards and Rover and was excited to see this post. Do you have any pics of your 9/20? Did it have a TJ Richards plate?
No It didn't, it didn't have any plates, they all went AWOL over the years, but I saw one with identical bodywork (also in SA) and it was TJ Richards plated.
I'd changed the wheels to 15" in this photo, the car originally came with 4.75 x 19, disc style wheels/tyres.

20230728_134513.jpg

No It didn't, it didn't have any plates, they all went AWOL over the years, but I saw one with identical bodywork (also in SA) and it was TJ Richards plated.
I'd changed the wheels to 15" in this photo, the car originally came with 4.75 x 19, disc style wheels/tyres.

View attachment 225151
Thanks, that's great. I don't suppose you could give me a lead on the SA car? (I'm in Adelaide). Apparently the 9/20s were shipped 'CKD' to Australia and assembled by several different firms (Steenbohms, Smith & Waddington and Holdens). I'm hoping to find evidence to add T.J. Richards to that list. Picture attached is a car I saw locally about 25 years ago, looks very similar.

Attachments

• 920 kingston park.jpg
    920 kingston park.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 99
Thanks, that's great. I don't suppose you could give me a lead on the SA car? (I'm in Adelaide). Apparently the 9/20s were shipped 'CKD' to Australia and assembled by several different firms (Steenbohms, Smith & Waddington and Holdens). I'm hoping to find evidence to add T.J. Richards to that list. Picture attached is a car I saw locally about 25 years ago, looks very similar.
I would be 99.9% sure that is my old car. I bought it from a guy in Jamestown. That roof colour/material was/is rather unique. I think I still have that homemade badge bar (between the front dumb irons) somewhere in the shed. I definately still have the viking mascot, I replaced it with a Moto-meter. Plus I can see the Bicentennial Rally number plates that it came with. I left them under the seat when I sold it as they were part of the car's history.
The other one I saw was online. That beadroll on the back tub (from the roof's pivot point) is fairly unique. Most of the other roadster bodies I've seen have a seam on the top surface of the tub, adjacent to the boot lid.
I'll see what I can find on the old computer. I sold the car quite a number of years ago, but did a lot of research when I had it.

I’m not surprised to hear that it was yours, so many similarities. Many thanks, any info really appreciated.

Hi guys. Anyone know an autolec in Brisbane, who could look at the 6 volt generator on my 5CV?
I have rang a lot of places and got a lot of "Sorry we don't work on old vehicles".
Unbelievable really, the car is so simple, a generator, regulator and amp meter.
All the wiring is new, and I suspect the brushes maybe the problem.

Hi guys. Anyone know an autolec in Brisbane, who could look at the 6 volt generator on my 5CV?
I have rang a lot of places and got a lot of "Sorry we don't work on old vehicles".
Unbelievable really, the car is so simple, a generator, regulator and amp meter.
All the wiring is new, and I suspect the brushes maybe the problem.
I’d contact your local veteran car club. They will help

The Generator is in the front of the engine. Not the easiest place to get at.

Attachments

• IMG_4208.jpg
    IMG_4208.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 43