Fuel Price

I noticed on that list of fuel prices in europe that it doesnt show lpg prices for uk and turkey which both have a network of outlets . The Netherlands and Italy are the 2 countries where it is widely used. I have had lpg duel fuel cars since the early 80/s and have probably saved a fortune .That includes 2 early 505/s .The only one i had trouble with was a 96 falcon which was a lemon I replaced that with a 99 camry wagon which i still have and is trouble free

An LPG 505 blew the air cleaner off while under load ascending the Pentlands. Scared the daylights out of the owner. No obvious reason. Car later had an engine fire. But he liked his LPG.

An LPG 505 blew the air cleaner off while under load ascending the Pentlands. Scared the daylights out of the owner. No obvious reason. Car later had an engine fire. But he liked his LPG.
I've read a couple of tales about air cleaner explosions on petrol cars, and it's turned out the engine sucking in the gases venting from an overcharged and/or old/damaged battery has actually been the catalyst.🤷‍♂️

Hmmm I think that horse has bolted and will not be back again !!:mad:
I have thrown away two LPG conversions over the last decade as nobody wanted them !!;)
As opposed to the actual LPG which we are almost giving away overseas. Fixed contracts probably so no benefit if the world price goes up. BAH HUMBUG. What fool gov did that deal.:mad:
Jaahn
The one we voted for.

Prices for petrol are going to get higher and it's not going to be a short term move (i.e. one-two years). LPG will follow the trend anyway, so my money sez it's going to be electrics that win be they hybrids or full electric. If I had some solar power installed I would definitely look into a plug in hybrid.

The one we voted for.

Prices for petrol are going to get higher and it's not going to be a short term move (i.e. one-two years). LPG will follow the trend anyway, so my money sez it's going to be electrics that win be they hybrids or full electric. If I had some solar power installed I would definitely look into a plug in hybrid.
Yep and when those billions of dollars of fuel excise start to dwindle they'll screw us with their "EV road user tax".
Probably higher EV import fees, stamp duty, rego etc as well to make sure the coffers stay topped up.
Like they like to tell us "driving is a privilege not a right".🙄

Wonder how a steam car would fare?🤔

Maybe a pedal power Porsche like on Top Gear?

Attachments

• images (52).jpeg
    images (52).jpeg
    7.3 KB · Views: 102
Yep and when those billions of dollars of fuel excise start to dwindle they'll screw us with their "EV road user tax".
Probably higher EV import fees, stamp duty, rego etc as well to make sure the coffers stay topped up.

Checking out the Qld Gov vehicle rego site you;ll see both electric and Steam powered vehicles get no reprieve from our exorbitant fees. Know a bloke who does four horse and carriage weddings and his insurance fees are out of this world as are the Gov regulations. Must ask about rego.

Gazogene, yesterdays solution to todays motoring needs. Collect fuel from the roadside as you drive, uses renewable energy, what's not to like.

Attachments

• 0gazoren.jpg
    0gazoren.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 105
  • big_artfichier_537597_1469125_20121120370114.jpg
    big_artfichier_537597_1469125_20121120370114.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 99
Judging from past threads on Fuel, most wont get too worried and just pay the increase, it will be hard for carers and volunteers in that their outgo increases, but they are expected to continue as usual without any hint of recompense as even those that get paid some sort of stipend, that won't increase and most services have contracted times as to when payment starts and finishes. They may have clients on opposite sides of a big city and are not paid for travel between so any fuel cost increase hurts and they get no help with that.

The other thing I have observed in the past is that agitation for lowered excise is a pointless quest as when that has been done by Federal governments, the actual oil companies quickly gobble up any relief with an immediate increase in prices, so the consumer/motorist never gets the advantage in lower pricing.

Proper competition and consumer pressure to only buy at the lowest price is quite effective, but organising this is neigh on impossible, likened to herding cats.:eek:

Also working against this consumer pressure is the fact that many consumers have arranged/or have enabled the ability to pass on such costs either through employers (driving company fueled vehicles) and the company able to recover through their retail servicing costs or freight charges applied via many small price rises on multiple sales or packages.

Then there are those in the growth sector of government employees who just get the cream of the taxes also paid by any motorist in the course of doing business at any level, a multiple drain on state and federal taxation, quite popular these days ensuring a content and hopeful voting clique and of course keeping them in that comfortable existence also works against any real pressure to lower fuel pricing cost, apart from token drum rolling announcements from time to time.:blackeye: And much posturing against the idea of any effective Price control by those profiting...

Best thing motorists can do is just get used to being reamed with world events as a convenient excuse. One of the reasons that I might one day purchase an electric vehicle;) but then I know the pressure will just shift to taxing them and elevating electricity pricing and through consumer necessities. Taxing will never be equal where motorists are the expected contributors and paying for the largesse of multiple levels of governance.

Keep an eye on Bowser pricing, look for the tricks in pricing and apply your precious dollar where it get the best for your purposes.

Keep away as best as possible from Death AND taxes.:headbanger"

Ken

Given the fall in the price of oil and the fact that very little if any of the fuel in Australia had been refined from oil purchased at the spike, it would seem prices of over $2.00 a litre are a royal rip. Quick to rise, slow to fall.

Reactions: cjl
Given the fall in the price of oil and the fact that very little if any of the fuel in Australia had been refined from oil purchased at the spike, it would seem prices of over $2.00 a litre are a royal rip. Quick to rise, slow to fall.
Never any different ~ rarely does it get back to or lower again ever @ an equivalent per barrel price again.

Driving is a privilege but there is no alternative with a very poor public transport system save for maybe two major cities in the entire country.

Coffers need to be toped up, but we can still decide who does it. In theory.

We already see problems with power generation, where installing solar does not save you as much as you thought and it is already circulating that we will pay for electricity in the rates like we pay sewerage and water, whether we use it or not. Fair enough, we need to keep up some infrastructure but we don't have any control on how much we pay or for what exactly.

I have my daily Megane RS265 on E85, so 85% ethanol, which in QLD is made about 250klm west of Brisbane at Dalby from sorghum, so has minimal to do with Russian or any other oil. Yes, 15 % is petrol, but it has still risen 25cents to $2 a litre. It’s price does not fluctuate like the other fuels, and was $1.50 a couple of years ago, then 1.75 a year ago and now $2.

Generally the economy is about 20 to 25% poorer than petrol, so it seems I am paying about the same as 98 anyway with the new rises, although this wasn’t the reason for the change to E85.

I have my daily Megane RS265 on E85, so 85% ethanol, which in QLD is made about 250klm west of Brisbane at Dalby from sorghum, so has minimal to do with Russian or any other oil. Yes, 15 % is petrol, but it has still risen 25cents to $2 a litre. It’s price does not fluctuate like the other fuels, and was $1.50 a couple of years ago, then 1.75 a year ago and now $2.

Generally the economy is about 20 to 25% poorer than petrol, so it seems I am paying about the same as 98 anyway with the new rises, although this wasn’t the reason for the change to E85.
How does the RS265 perform on E85 Alan? is it more powerful and also what is the economy like?

If only we could manufacture our own fuel locally whilst waiting of the EV infrastructure to roll out. :unsure:

Australia could power its vehicle fleet with locally produced gas. Or biofuel if the economics were there.

There was a big push for LPG a few years ago but it seemed to fizzle out. Biofuel never seemed to get going in a big way. Perhaps taxes and incentives were wrong.