Fuel Price

I have used Pearl Energy fuel for the past year and have always found their prices competitive. Today paid $1.679 per litre for premium diesel. By way of comparison, Costco price was $1.787. Local Coles Express was $2.079.

Pearl Energy claim they use Mobil fuel and best of all they are Australian owned.

Pearl at Clarendon is now at 186.5.

Inner suburbs diesel exceeds $2. Coles Express is $2.10. The cheapest diesel is at Fairfield-Guildford area.

Brent crude is approx at May 2023 level of pricing with this update 15/12/2023 US $

15/12/2023 $77.20Up 3.9% on the dayDown4.0% on a year ago

Costco 1/12/2023 was Diesel 188.7 cents a litre, 98 RON 196.7 cents a litre, and ulp 175.7 c/litre. haven't had to buy much fuel lately.. Probably top up sometime this weekend..

Ken

I have used Pearl Energy fuel for the past year and have always found their prices competitive. Today paid $1.679 per litre for premium diesel. By way of comparison, Costco price was $1.787. Local Coles Express was $2.079.

Pearl Energy claim they use Mobil fuel and best of all they are Australian owned.

Interesting. We have just completed an 11,000km road trip across Southern Australia, from 10 October to 08 December 2023.
The cheapest fuel on that whole trip was Pearl Energy in Bathurst @ 183.9 c/litre (ULP 91), 9/11/23.
Last fill before that was Windsor 6/11/23 @ 212.9 c/l, next after Bathurst was Grenfell 14/11/23 @ 195.9 c/l.
I generally tried to get cheaper locations, but convenience also played a hand.

As the fuel price was really climbing when we left home, I budgeted for average $2.50 per litre, but it didn't go up much more and considerably dropped by the return journey. I tried to fill at same servo where applicable to compare prices.

10/10/23 Local servo at start of trip Ampol Riverton @ 183.9 c/l (coincidental?)
08/12/23 " " end of trip "" "" @ 186.5 c/l.

11/10/23 Shell Southern Cross @ 209.9 c/l.
06/12/23 "" "" "" @ 195.9 c/l.

12/10/23 Ampol Norseman @ 221 c/l.
05/12/23 BP Norseman @ 205.5 c/l.

12/10/23 BP Caiguna @ 257.0 c/l.
04/12/23 " "" @ 250.9 c/l.

13/10/23 Eucla (no name) @ 277.0 c/l. (This was about 20c/l cheaper than 20 kms further in SA at Border Village).
04/12/23 "" "" "" @258.0 c/l.
(We skipped Nullarbor Roadhouse each way, was 300 c/l on way over).

15/10/23 Shell Ceduna @ 207.9 c/l (we breathed a sigh of relief!)
02/12/23 "" "" @ 188.9 c/l. (19 c/l drop)

Once we got below $2.00 per liter, it all seemed ok relatively. Averaged between $1.85 and $2.00 for most fills through SA, Vic & NSW.

Cheers.

Correct. It is outrageous.
You can thank the Howard government for setting that all up. Pissinf away the resources boom in middle class welfare and tax cuts for the wealthy (when he wasn’t stoking culture wars…).

Super depressing thinking about what we could have had if we’d gone for a Norway style approach :(

The key to a happy life is to ignore fuel prices. Stressing about shit you can’t change is an exercise in futility.

It’s simple. Fill up, pay the man, and move on. The end.

If you can’t pay the man, then consider your life and voting choices and act accordingly. Complaining will have zero impact on the fuel price.

Consumers often become frustrated when they see prices that seem to have little justification. The American motorist filled their car with gasoline at an average of $US87 cents a litre today. Given tax differences and currency conversion that is still quite a lot less than the Australian motorist pays. Prices of some products are opaque. Meat is sold in Australian shops with an up to 1000% mark up yet who makes the profit is a mystery. Fuel prices are an even greater mystery. The price of oil is nearly back to pre Ukraine war levels but not the price we pay for our fuel. World oil production is high, production is limited by OPEC to stop further price falls and attempts to sanction and restrict sales have failed. Disruptions still remain and some in the industry consider they cause a 50 cent per litre cost on our diesel.
Before we get too used to fuel supplies returning to normal we should keep a wary eye on the Middle East and the Persian Gulf.

The price of ULP varied by 80c per litre along a 60 km stretch of highway near me 3 weeks ago.
The closer to Brisbane, the dearer it got.
If you'd just filled up the 200L tank in your new Landcruiser before heading "bush", you would have to be slightly p#ssed off once you got 30 minutes up the road.🤬

Trouble in the Red Sea will affect European fuel prices but should not affect ours. That's not to say companies won't use it as an excuse to up prices. It will affect general freight times and costs, The European car carriers ship through Suez. Delivery times will be increased by up to two weeks and cost will rise.

My beloved arrived home from work tonight to announce the traditional Christmas 40c petrol price jump has hit suburban Melbourne. From 166.9 to 215.9 for u91...

24/12/2023 I filled the Laguna with 98 RON at Costco, 188.7 cents a litre, noticed that Diesel is finally lower at 182.7 cents a litre and ULP 91 RON was 166.7 cents a litre.

We also noticed that Pearl Energy has an outlet on Bell Street Preston almost opposite the Newly opened Bunnings super store also on Bell Street Preston, hadn't noticed it before. From what has been said about Pearl, this might help keep fuel prices down in this neck of the woods, one to keep an eye upon!!

Ken