Lifetime Renault Collection Kaniva Victoria

Yes, 8 pm Monday. That's when it will get exciting if there are lots with real competition.

I'll be putting in some bids.

Roger

You're right, that's a long time for an auction to run. I'm used to the livestock auctions.

Russell, the machinery clearing sales seem to run for at least a day and a half, often longer. Generally if they start on a Thursday or Friday they run over the weekend.

I find 8 pm a more convenient end time than the middle of the day.

Roger

Well that finished quickly. I bought a few lots and was losing bidder on a few.

I see someone left it until the last second to bid on the car trailer a few times, and ended up with it.

I hope others here got what they wanted.

Roger

Was interesting how bids on other items kept the auction going.
Now to tell the wife a have to drive to Kaniva.

I lost track of what was being bid on. On other online auctions I have participated in, the first article is put up and finished, then the next, and if a bid is made in the last seconds the auction continues on that item, adding 30 secs or a minute to its finish time until nobody bids, then the next item starts. It appears they all started at one time and if bidding on a few items it became more difficult to track. I had set autobids on my items so it would just bid to my maximum and that I would miss out if it went higher. I got all that had bid on.

Next step is getting the items back to QLD. Hopefully the auction group has something in place. I did talk on the phone to Joanne? about freight /postage beforehand. If Hamish does the packing and posting he needs to put a some money on top for his efforts in this.

thanks Everyone for your support. Almost everything has been sold as per Dad's wishes for all Renault enthusiast to continue his passion. I am having a nice cold beer now after all the hard work. Hope to see you all in the near future. I couldn't help myself !! I kept Dad's red 1962 Floride with a 1100 conversion and both hard & soft top. All in original condition unrestored. Hopefully will be able to show you all one day soon. Regards Hamish

I lost track of what was being bid on. On other online auctions I have participated in, the first article is put up and finished, then the next, and if a bid is made in the last seconds the auction continues on that item, adding 30 secs or a minute to its finish time until nobody bids, then the next item starts. It appears they all started at one time and if bidding on a few items it became more difficult to track. I had set autobids on my items so it would just bid to my maximum and that I would miss out if it went higher. I got all that had bid on.

Next step is getting the items back to QLD. Hopefully the auction group has something in place. I did talk on the phone to Joanne? about freight /postage beforehand. If Hamish does the packing and posting he needs to put a some money on top for his efforts in this.
Hi Alan, It was exciting to watch and the rush at the end. Glad you got everything you wanted. Freight and postage will be sorted after further communication with agent. Ill be working in the background to ensure you get them in the best condition you can considering the distance. thankyou regards Hamish

Thanks Hamish, that all worked smoothly and was easy to bid. Will make arrangements to get down to Kaniva with a trailer. Couldn’t resist the R5

I've got some bigger items to pick up. If anyone from Melbourne has any smaller bits to pick up, let me know and I will bring them back with me.

thanks Everyone for your support. Almost everything has been sold as per Dad's wishes for all Renault enthusiast to continue his passion. I am having a nice cold beer now after all the hard work. Hope to see you all in the near future. I couldn't help myself !! I kept Dad's red 1962 Floride with a 1100 conversion and both hard & soft top. All in original condition unrestored. Hopefully will be able to show you all one day soon. Regards Hamish
Good you kept the Floride. Pretty cars. Great outcome!

I got an email from the auction house with an invoice, which I paid and commented to them "now to get them to Perth". I won a couple of 4CV manuals. They emailed promptly that they could post them for a fee and I said yes (of course). Very responsive folk.

I'm planning on driving over next Tuesday, haven't had responses to a couple of emails. Might have to call.

I recommend calling them. They are easy to deal with on the phone. You might be best to deal directly with Stuart Kyle, the principal of the stock and station agency that handled the sale. I found him easy to deal with and helpful. He was working with stock on clients' farms yesterday but left my stuff out in the morning.

Roger