Post your 504 here!

any idea what happened to the old peugeot engines under Mr Holdens house ?

Morning alpine, the old engines were under my friend Keith Pascall's St Ives house in, I think, Hunter Ave. His wife may still be with us along with the 2 sons. Somewhere in the archives will be the exact details, when time permits. He and fellow mechanic Greg Collins traded as Colpar motors. Neither son to my recall learnt to fix cars - 1 went building. Will have to try to track them down. Those engines would have a lot of history in them. Am sure that Keith went to western NSW to help with the Peugeots in that London to Sydney Marathon of many years ago.
Cheers

Reviving this thread hoping to get more 504 owners posting photos! My son's 504 coupe is finally finished after six years of starts and stops. It's a pretty exact replica of the V6 Works coupes, but with the more practical 2 liter engine. The usual stuff: forged pistons, big valves, 300 degree cam, programmable MSD ignition. Close ratio straight cut five speed, 5.6 CWP Quaife LSD.

Attachments

• Peugeot504 - 1.jpg
    Peugeot504 - 1.jpg
    778.9 KB · Views: 211
  • Peugeot504 - 16.jpg
    Peugeot504 - 16.jpg
    745.4 KB · Views: 207
  • Peugeot504 - 18.jpg
    Peugeot504 - 18.jpg
    917 KB · Views: 211
  • Peugeot504 - 23.jpg
    Peugeot504 - 23.jpg
    688 KB · Views: 212
  • Peugeot504 - 24.jpg
    Peugeot504 - 24.jpg
    608.4 KB · Views: 211
  • Peugeot504 - 4.jpg
    Peugeot504 - 4.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 230
  • Peugeot504 - 7.JPG
    Peugeot504 - 7.JPG
    392.7 KB · Views: 217
  • Peugeot504 - 6.jpg
    Peugeot504 - 6.jpg
    597.2 KB · Views: 200
Reviving this thread hoping to get more 504 owners posting photos! My son's 504 coupe is finally finished after six years of starts and stops. It's a pretty exact replica of the V6 Works coupes, but with the more practical 2 liter engine. The usual stuff: forged pistons, big valves, 300 degree cam, programmable MSD ignition. Close ratio straight cut five speed, 5.6 CWP Quaife LSD.
Beautiful car, but the steering wheel is on the wrong side! Ha Ha

Sorry I don't have great pics, but here's mine. You may have read the story in this months Pugilist (for those in NSW) but in case you didn't:

This is mine, a 1976 Ti manual in Avocado complete with not-quite-matching green vinyl interior. Bought from an elderly bloke by the name of Max Smith who'd owned it since 1978. It's had some body work since (rust in LH sill was the worst spot), and a fair degree of mechanical work but no major overhauls. Mileage not exactly sure but in the order of 300k.

Under my ownership this car went to live in NZ for nearly two years, and was returned when we came back to live in Sydney earlier this year.

I've added the 14" 505 wheels (for tyre compatibility and balancing reasons), otherwise it is standard and goes like a train!!

Attachments

• IMG-7063.JPG
    IMG-7063.JPG
    391.7 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG-7067.JPG
    IMG-7067.JPG
    407.3 KB · Views: 192
used to be an avocado 504 in Canberra number plate YES 504
and there was one on undercoat TOY 504 !!

I had what was said to be the last 1976 TI registered in NSW. Also in Advocado. It had 50000 km on when bought it and was in perfect condition and beautifully maintained..........but it was a dog compared to my previous 1972 Injection. It was always harsh and buzzy and noisy but did go well. Just hard to live with. I only kept it for a year or 2. My wife's 78 carby 504 was a much nicer car and went nearly as well when I chucked the twin carbies for a well set up Weber. I suspect that the buzzieness etc came from the air con installation. Nevertheless it would be nice to have it again!

Yes, you want the early tail lights but the late headlights.
The later Works cars used the headlights from the R12 Gordini. Low, high and fog beam in the same housing and narrower than the original for better air flow into the engine bay. The coupe in the photos has standard Renault 12 headlights.

Cruise504 - The avocado 504 is looking good. I need to repaint my wheels.....job for the xmas holidays.

Still enjoy driving my 504 everyday.

Thanos - two questions: what is the unit on the oil filter housing and do you have any pictures of the front suspension set up?

Thanos - two questions: what is the unit on the oil filter housing and do you have any pictures of the front suspension set up?
The unit on the oil filter is an oil filter cooling plate, it is connected to the oil cooler. The front suspension is later 505 with the slanted spring configuration and adjustable camber top mounts.

Attachments

• Peugeot504 - 34.JPG
    Peugeot504 - 34.JPG
    722.7 KB · Views: 166
31-10- 1974 - registered on sunshine coast QLD - used for daily drive - body work needs attention - but otherwise enjoying it. Ex NSW purchase in 2013 - I think rego was BBE 278 - some where in Caringbah
Dash board now recovered - so look better than photo

Attachments

• 20201123_160902_HDR (1)  v2.jpg
    20201123_160902_HDR (1) v2.jpg
    929.4 KB · Views: 175
  • 20200912_123842 v3.jpg
    20200912_123842 v3.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 180
31-10- 1974 - registered on sunshine coast QLD - used for daily drive - body work needs attention - but otherwise enjoying it. Ex NSW purchase in 2013 - I think rego was BBE 278 - some where in Caringbah
Dash board now recovered - so look better than photo
I've seen you on Kawana Way a few time, looks great. Nice drive I'm sure.

Dimi

Amazing mods that you've done. I'm tempted to do small power enhancement to my '75 GL, I need to learn from you!
Here she is, currently undergoing bodywork.
IMG_20201226_022439.jpg

Amazing mods that you've done. I'm tempted to do small power enhancement to my '75 GL, I need to learn from you!
Here she is, currently undergoing bodywork.View attachment 128806
What a beautiful color, it really suits the 504. A small power bump and some handling mods transform the 504 into a truly amazing car that can keep up with many of today's sporty sedans. Here is the quick summary:
Easiest way to get some power is a warm cam (plenty of options), 1 mm head skim and a Weber DGAS (or Australian version, it is typically from a Ford V6).
For handling, it is best to source entire front and rear ends of a 505 from the wreckers: Quicker steering and negative camber for the front, and a wider rear; 15 inch wheels will be an added bonus because you can get better tires.
These are fairly low cost items, most of the expense will come from labor. This is easy DIY stuff if you have the option..

What a beautiful color, it really suits the 504. A small power bump and some handling mods transform the 504 into a truly amazing car that can keep up with many of today's sporty sedans. Here is the quick summary:
Easiest way to get some power is a warm cam (plenty of options), 1 mm head skim and a Weber DGAS (or Australian version, it is typically from a Ford V6).
For handling, it is best to source entire front and rear ends of a 505 from the wreckers: Quicker steering and negative camber for the front, and a wider rear; 15 inch wheels will be an added bonus because you can get better tires.
These are fairly low cost items, most of the expense will come from labor. This is easy DIY stuff if you have the option..
Hi ThanosK, thanks for reply! Seems like quite practical modifications to do. Few questions:
- If I use warm cam, Do I need to uprate the valve springs? What's available options I can use?
- Is weber DGAS has compatible base with standard intake manifold (i.e. can plug and play)?
Thanks again!