Post for Admin regarding website errors - ALL STYLE & ERROR POSTS MERGED

I feel Tapatalk is a security risk, not just for the users of it, but everyone in the database.
Without it & the apps it is a saving of $250 per year for AF. Tapatalk promise cents per clicks but we need an amazing amount of clicks before we can "cash out", then it resets. Never been paid a cent!
Here's an article translated: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.heise.de/security/meldung/Tapatalk-Plug-in-liest-Daten-von-Forennutzern-aus-2716662.html

Thanks mate. I’m pretty security conscious and I read the link, but it doesn’t sound any worse than almost every other app. It makes uploading pics, managing multiple forum accounts, and readability MUCH easier, but if no one else really uses it, I understand it’s prob not worth the hassle.

Bob I think it is just a small glitch and will probably be fixed for you and the others quickly.

Regards
Ken

Thanks for the computer tips however I rebuild cars, not so good with computers. I can only repeat that the change to the colour on colour and poor contrast means I have extreme difficulty with the new site. After spending a few hours trying, I can't fix it my end.

As to the comments about glasses and zoom function, not much help unfortunately. My eye surgeon agrees. I suspect there will be a few others who will unfortunately not be able to continue to participate on AF.

Thanks for the computer tips however I rebuild cars, not so good with computers. I can only repeat that the change to the colour on colour and poor contrast means I have extreme difficulty with the new site. After spending a few hours trying, I can't fix it my end.

As to the comments about glasses and zoom function, not much help unfortunately. My eye surgeon agrees. I suspect there will be a few others who will unfortunately not be able to continue to participate on AF.

Be a shame to loose you Bustamif, is there someone in your family or near by that can adjust the settings for you so that you are able to read the posts.

Not sure if it helps, but thought I’d register my positive experience with Tapatalk across many forums. If possible to make it available for AF again, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ben
I agree, a good app interface is essential. Tapatalk provides that. Please reconsider using Tapatalk.
Thanks Craig

The problem I'm having is that I can't reach the Home page. Is anyone else having this problem? When I click on the Home page tab, it opens the Forms page. All the other tabs work.

My only other comment regards the avatars. They now appear out of focus. Is that fixable? The other thing about the avatar is the change to a circle from the original square. As a consequence, many of them no longer appear properly as parts are missing where the original images have been cropped.

I agree, a good app interface is essential. Tapatalk provides that. Please reconsider using Tapatalk.
Thanks Craig

According to Gerry's post a few days ago the current version of Tapatalk has security issues and potentially allows access to AF database.

Correct - offered as an easy solution in Post #2, and it works even if you use the + & - keys found between 0 & 'Backspace' on the top row. However it appears Barry may be a Mac user. Does a Mac keyboard have a Ctrl (or ctl) key?
It has both a control key and a command key, and it's the command key that does the job: command +, command -, and for Seasink's benefit, command 0 works like (almost) every other browser.

Hi :)
My :2cents:. I like the strong green up the top and very bottom and happy to go with it.
The general lighter green in fill looks wishy washy IMHO. Strengthen it up.
The main print is OK black on white and a very clear font but a bit blacker would help the poor of eyesight.
General use of washed out fainter colour for things like user buttons and icons and lines is hard to see, particularly when the light is poor. The share icons down the bottom are almost invisible. Make them all stronger.
The light blue on the light green/blue is a bit weak and is not easily visable and make viewing a bit trying I think.
The document that you posted above for us to use for making changes, I could not see well enough to read, as it is not strong enough contrast, and is all a bit wishy washy to see.
The highlight function is so light I almost cannot see it as faint green.
Cheers and I hope you find this helpful. The overall improvement is a quantum leap forward so far, just a few steps to go.:approve:
Jaahn

I didn't deny Ctl-0 for Macs. I have used more than a dozen web browsers - there are well over 30 of them, but only a handful are now common. Most haven't kept up with the new open standards.

My preferred browser at present is Vivaldi, a customisable product and very capable, using the Chromium-Blink engine like Edge and Opera, and it is one that doesn't recognise Ctl-0, though CTL-+ is accepted. Windows, Mac. Linux and Android have versions. Worth a try.

Hmm gibgib :)
I was just replying to a thread and realised that it had changed a bit, actually a noticable bit too. Same colour theme but the contrast is better, the print darker and generally much more readable. The icons are better to see. I like it :cool: thanks !
What do others think ??
Jaahn

Hmm gibgib :)
I was just replying to a thread and realised that it had changed a bit, actually a noticable bit too. Same colour theme but the contrast is better, the print darker and generally much more readable. The icons are better to see. I like it :cool: thanks !
What do others think ??
Jaahn

I think Aussiefrogs is starting to look pretty good as well with the current setup.

Congrats to Gerry and his tireless workers (y)

Be a shame to loose you Bustamif, is there someone in your family or near by that can adjust the settings for you so that you are able to read the posts.

Thanks Col, It appears the lack of contrast in the new font was temporary, I'm able to read it now its been repaired.

I'm another who find the changes this week make it very easy to read, mainly the black/white contrast. Good stuff.

Just for update - I can still only see Humour but not Toad Pond - same as a few others.

Cheers.

G'day,

ditto, still getting....
Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
GO to the main site here
when trying to access the pond.

Similarly, I don't look to have any watched threads in there either, weird....

cheers,
Bob

G'day,

ditto, still getting....
Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
GO to the main site here
when trying to access the pond.

Similarly, I don't look to have any watched threads in there either, weird....

cheers,
Bob

I got this same message when I inadvertently hit the "Post reply" button with no content. I don't know if this is relevant, just sharing my experience.