Ray's Grenouille Verte R10 !!!!

Another step !!!

This weekend I did one more thing that has niggled me since I got the car. The windscreen washers were terrible. even though they were electric. So New bottle with inbuilt pump. Take all the oneway valves out of the squirt jet. Very nice..... but the button on the dash was very questionable. So pulled it out, found an old damaged original diaphragm one and cut it up. Fitted a mounting bracket for a micro switch as "RobinT" did with his Caravell and "Bob's your Aunty".

Now I have modern working electric washers and a button that looks original, How Nice is That ????

20180715_091902.jpg

Ray

Ha. Not sure that is typical of australians only, but it seems to be a much too frequent occurrence.

See Frans' thread about his "immaculate" R8G. I suspect that might have cost some serious money too.

Another step !!!

This weekend I did one more thing that has niggled me since I got the car. The windscreen washers were terrible. even though they were electric. So New bottle with inbuilt pump. Take all the oneway valves out of the squirt jet. Very nice..... but the button on the dash was very questionable. So pulled it out, found an old damaged original diaphragm one and cut it up. Fitted a mounting bracket for a micro switch as "RobinT" did with his Caravell and "Bob's your Aunty".

Now I have modern working electric washers and a button that looks original, How Nice is That ????

View attachment 107634

Ray

Nice work old fella! Now it's time to ramp up engine building!!

"nauli"

As of lunch time your head came out and made all the water pump block channel. All that is needed is to glue and screw and the head mods have started.

20180717_145900.jpg20180717_145824.jpg20180717_160249.jpg

So you chirped a bit too early.

Careful where you tread next time !!!!

Ray

Another step !!! This weekend I did one more thing that has niggled me since I got the car. The windscreen washers were terrible. even though they were electric. So New bottle with inbuilt pump. Take all the oneway valves out of the squirt jet. Very nice..... but the button on the dash was very questionable. So pulled it out, found an old damaged original diaphragm one and cut it up. Fitted a mounting bracket for a micro switch as "RobinT" did with his Caravell and "Bob's your Aunty".
Now I have modern working electric washers and a button that looks original, How Nice is That ???? Ray

Well, on the theme of "Run Modern", I'd recommend buying modern jets that just flood the windscreen with water. Mine might be Toyota but I can't quite remember. Brilliant - fitted to the bonnet grill as a pair. I'll check whether I have a spare pair for you!

Jets working perfectly now John. Thanks.

Careful Guys,

I have an appetite for the green R10 at the moment ........

"Shoji" I am waiting for your crank to come back to do the mockup for final measuring.
And "nauli's" crank is away being ground,
And both are being balanced........

So I do what I want to do.......... May even do some more on the white R10, or even the Caravelle.......

Ray

You all piling up on me, ........ I feel a Green R10 will be worked on over a long weekend, maybe even a week, at this rate.

Ray

It is time to bring back Grenouille Vert .......

Grenouille Vert
Is in the process of a respray, after a bit of body refinement.

As well as some added accessories.
I have just finished putting back together and rebuilding a set of wheels for the car,

DSCN0053.JPG
DSCN0055.JPG

Ray

PS 240 screws to tighten !!! (each one twice)

Last edited:
Yes the "Green" is mainly being use as a parts storage for GTA parts at the moment, but it is progressing.

20200110_095623.jpg

Ray

Jesus those wheels, (or Johnies as the kids are calling them these days)

Magnifique!

And yes more R10 stuff please :)

Metallic Green- Poison Ivy
White roof and "Alconi" flash on the side. (R10S)

I can attest to careful work and thorough progress. Ray doesn't need supervision but he might appreciate witnesses to the systematic approach here! It'll be quite 'stand out' when finished.