Ray's Grenouille Verte R10 !!!!

Grenouille Vert
Is in the process of a respray, after a bit of body refinement.

As well as some added accessories.
I have just finished putting back together and rebuilding a set of wheels for the car,

View attachment 118828
View attachment 118829

Ray

PS 240 screws to tighten !!! (each one twice)

Ray....there's a song isn't there?...."These Wheels Too Sexy For My Car"

Last edited:
The last 2 weeks with lockdown, I have not been able to progress with the GTA-T. So I have turned my attentions to a "green" beast sitting in the corner. I have done a lot of bodywork and prep for paint, and when the weather turned a bit iffy with a bit of wet. It was not time to spray, so the dashboard came out.

This dashboard has been traipsed around the world in my container, in the Renault Projects Section, for quite some time. It is a very special base unit, as it was one of about 25 that were made in the prototype department at Kempton Park. Mine came out of a road going prototype R10/1400 Alconi. I had built my Red R10 with a very nice 1400 Alconi based motor. When the project was abandoned, 20 of the cars were sold to special clients. The 5 road test cars were stripped, and I was able to scrounge a base dashboard.

So when I started on the rebuild of "Vert" the dash was recovered from the depths of the container and parts put aside to rebuild it. I did not like the wood grain finish, so found some Formica fascia in bushed aluminium. and there it stared. They had a R12TS speedo head fitted and two other gauges in the center panel. I had to make a few things which had gone missing, but now it is very much like the originals I saw made.

It was trial fitted today, just to make sure all fitted properly. And as it was out, the 2 speed wiper system was installed as well.

DSCN0056.JPG
DSCN0057.JPG
DSCN0058.JPG
DSCN0060.JPG
DSCN0061.JPG

All I can say is the previous owner was a butcher, the wiring under the dash was mutilated .

Ray

Busta ...
Today was good a bit slow to find the pieces, but the front wiring is progressing well, and as soon as I know which wire is which I can start the junction blocks to the dash. Colour codes not to the books, so each wire needs testing.

So it is coming well.
Ray

Great to see an R10 upgrade to such a high standard. The performance and driveability will be better than most 1300 R8G's

Those wheels on a green car will really look the part.

Dash is out, new ready to go in . All the wiring under dash in transformation. New 8 blade fuse box installed and being connected to. Because of later upgrade to engine and gearbox, an extra loom (8 wire) is run under floor, is complete at rear and in progress at dash. A lot of cut, strip, crimp, solder, and shrink tube, but it is getting there and looks very good. All the front wiring is updated and connected with solenoids for all functions (4 off, Hi-Beam, Low-Beam, Fogs, Air-Horn). Solenoid ignition to fuse box as well.

Yesterday, weather was patchy, but found a gap to poly-prime bonnet engine lid and front doors. Finish touch up this morning in bright sun, and while washing spray gun clouds came over and drizzled. Parts were inside already.

Good day today, pictures will follow.
Ray

20200407_145427.jpg

Sorry guys,
I have been a bit short with work on the “Green Frog”. Last year I had a coming together with the RH rear tail light of a 2000 Corolla. The external damage was not too bad, but when I got underneath, found it was not its first damaged front. The front light panel and the front of the boot floor had been replaced. I have seen better repair jobs come out of Soweto back yards, and on top of it the 2 panels were severely rusted.
I had a good white R10 in the yard which nobody wanted as a project, so decision was made to use the white front on mine. Straightened the LH inner guard, properly welded in the 2 new panels, got all straight. Cleaned all the underside and sanded all, poly-primed and then industrial coated gloss grey. Did all the inner and outer fenders as well at the same time.
I was going to redo the body piece by piece, and paint as I went on. Other peoples work (you have to live as well) slowed the rebuild, so Christmas this year, it was mandated that the body would be done all at one go. Then Covid-19. So I have been in self isolation, in my workshop and go at the “Grenouille Vert” till it looked respectable. It is getting there much faster.
Ray

20180806_112548.jpeg
20180806_112558.jpeg
DSCN0008.JPG
DSCN0010.JPG
Primed nose.jpg
20190713_115840.jpg
DSCN0013.JPG

Last edited:
Great workmanship and attention to detail on the repair. But I gotta say, front guard of the R10, rear tail light on Corolla, you better fit some soft compound high Cf brake pads too.

Ray!!!!! I was just thinking about your resto yesterday! Good that it's progressing.

Ray!!!!! I was just thinking about your resto yesterday! Good that it's progressing.

Nauli is doubly-pleased it seems!

Looks great Ray. More fine weather coming....

Bunch of (F) Clowns ..... !!!

Thank you "nauli" for thinking of me.......

Well today you could see the progress, little steps, little steps. And it is there.

The weather was great today so it was decided to paint today in the "wind Tunnel' alley way. Just worked so well. First was the full etch poly-primer, after what seemed a very good clean.

Back Seat Primed.jpg
Footwell Primed.jpg

Then there was a 4 hour wait while the primer cured. Then Industrial 2 pack.

Back Seat paint.JPG
Foot Well Paint.JPG
Front Floor Paint.JPG

Remove masking and drive it back into the workshop.
OOohh what a day, eventually achieved,

Ray

Great Ray. More time masking than painting I imagine....

Mine's never been treated as well as that....

Congrats....

John,
I have put at least 5 times more paint on inside the car than at the factory, it is now sealed. The rear parcel shelf now actually has paint on it, which I think it is supposed to have.

Ray

Our R8 was tee-boned by a truck in about 1985 and removing the sill for replacement revealed bare metal in its inside! It was still shiny, due to Adelaide being drier than Perth and the car always being garaged. I can report that my parcel shelf is painted but it is not much more than a dust coat!