Ray's Grenouille Verte R10 !!!!

Bunch of (F) Clowns ..... !!!

Thank you "nauli" for thinking of me.......

Always Ray!!! Now get on with it so I can drop the A110 by for the little fix!!!! BTW, I took it out for a run on Sunday....It really drives beautifully...pulls nicely from low revs in 3rd and 4th. I'm very happy with it. Now we just need to get rid of the drip tray in its little shed house!

Hi Shoji,
I have been painting, but only base primers. All the front sheetmetal and front doors are ready for colour. Over the weekend I got the roof sanded small dents filled and all etch primed, and even bought the base primer and "Bright White" top coat for the roof. But the weather was a bit cool and the final spot putty took longer than expected to harden, so didn't spray at the weekend.

Ray

Etched roof.jpg

Last edited:
You guys do "Brighten" my day ...........

OK, almost a year ago I stopped on the R10 Vert, as a Alpine GTA-T was pushed into the workshop, and a few more important cars. And in the new year they started lining up again, and I thought, "I am never going to start again on Grenqouille Vert" at this rate. So after a day off for Australia day, on my way home the decision was made. Finish what was in the workshop, and close it for three (3) months. Middle of Feb, all other work was turned away and final prep for the etch primer was started. A few bad days of rain inter-spersed with some OK, made the wait even longer. But Yesterday a final sanding and prep, for an early start this morning, got the Poly Etch Primer finished.

Wow, what a task, with all the interruptions, I have finally made it. It means now I can finish the bodywork and get to the Acrylic Primer, and then Colour paint. This now starts getting much easier, and closer to start the reassembly.

My task now is looking much easier.

As a side bar !!!
On the rainy and OK days, I started stripping the R16TS parts car I have parked outside the workshop, which also eased the frustration of no progress. 2021 is going to be a good year.

20210307_094009.jpg

OK, almost a year ago I stopped on the R10 Vert, as a Alpine GTA-T was pushed into the workshop, and a few more important cars. And in the new year they started lining up again, and I thought, "I am never going to start again on Grenqouille Vert" at this rate. So after a day off for Australia day, on my way home the decision was made. Finish what was in the workshop, and close it for three (3) months. Middle of Feb, all other work was turned away and final prep for the etch primer was started. A few bad days of rain inter-spersed with some OK, made the wait even longer. But Yesterday a final sanding and prep, for an early start this morning, got the Poly Etch Primer finished.

Wow, what a task, with all the interruptions, I have finally made it. It means now I can finish the bodywork and get to the Acrylic Primer, and then Colour paint. This now starts getting much easier, and closer to start the reassembly.

My task now is looking much easier.

As a side bar !!!
On the rainy and OK days, I started stripping the R16TS parts car I have parked outside the workshop, which also eased the frustration of no progress. 2021 is going to be a good year.

View attachment 130991
Nice one Ray. Painting is the easiest part. The prep takes so much longer. You'll be driving it to CC&C very soon!

Nice work old fella....just keep those distractions at bay and it'll be finished in no time....and then the new engine....and....and....

It's the 7Ps again isn't it! Preparation, preparation, preparation, preparation, preparation, preparation, preparation. There's another version of course. :) Nice to see it coming along Ray.

Body work on finishing with spot putty, and a bit of filler on the RHR fender, and then lots of sanding, and a bit more spot putty, and we can see progress. But man it is a dirty job. Most sanding is done in the alleyway, and no matter the breeze direction the workshop is still full of dust. But step by step it is getting to paint primer, and a final sand before colour.

Nice progress.
20210310_152608.jpg
20210310_165227.jpg
20210311_152912.jpg
20210312_103058.jpg
20210313_144531.jpg

Nothing beats elbow grease eh? Actually the grey looks quite nice. It was a standard round-eye colour!

Nice to see the progress Ray, but I'll bet you are more pleased still!

Body work on finishing with spot putty, and a bit of filler on the RHR fender, and then lots of sanding, and a bit more spot putty, and we can see progress. But man it is a dirty job. Most sanding is done in the alleyway, and no matter the breeze direction the workshop is still full of dust. But step by step it is getting to paint primer, and a final sand before colour.

Nice progress.
View attachment 131175View attachment 131176View attachment 131177View attachment 131178View attachment 131179
Great job Ray! I am the final result will be excellent