Renault Fregate..

This one should be still floating around in Victoria somewhere, I rang the owner a couple of years ago and he still had it in his backyard. I reckon I could track it down if anyone were interested.

$_57.JPG

Nice and thanks. SOMEONE should be interested in the Renault world you'd think. (Not a hint Graham. Really. Despite its colour.) It's lovely. I wonder whether Renault Australia would like it?

Tell you what, the rear on the Fregate wagon is quite large and it looks big enough to make a good classic hearse.
Who wouldn't want a ride to the crematorium in one of these?

Droolworthy Letourneur & Marchand

Here's one for Mr Sunroof, it appears to be a 1960(ish) Letourneur & Marchand but could even be a well done replica, note the wire wheels. C'mon Sunroof, you have a body shell and big shed and I have a big angle grinder, let's get started..?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• big-4904125ca2.jpg
    big-4904125ca2.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 588
  • big-4904123335.jpg
    big-4904123335.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 577
  • ac24ec6aafee403fbc9dac2a5b07ea02.jpg
    ac24ec6aafee403fbc9dac2a5b07ea02.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 572
Last edited:
But would they let us register it with out roll bars etc.

I think I prefer the unornamented Domaine..... That's flashy perhaps but all the styling features are up to the messy level to my eyes.

Perhaps all cream without the side flash would hit the spot. It's amazing what's out there in the Fregate world though.

Tell you what, the rear on the Fregate wagon is quite large and it looks big enough to make a good classic hearse.
Who wouldn't want a ride to the crematorium in one of these?

...well that definitely rules me out because I am budgeting on another 30 years of living.:approve:

Did someone mention a hearse?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Manoir---1959---Transfluide---d-pt-86---ard.jpg
    Manoir---1959---Transfluide---d-pt-86---ard.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 518
Renault Fregate driving technique..

When Renault adapted the Fregate for right hand drive markets they typically didn't re-invent the wheel and simply used the same steering column as the Left hand drive cars. Gear change is 4 on the tree on the right hand side with no syncro in 1st and its surprising how quickly one can adapt to this new level of dexterity..

https://youtu.be/DBWXXYaqlzo

attachment.php

Attachments

• afg.jpg
    afg.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 793
Last edited:
59 You went driving yesterday when you were supposed to be in your sick bed recovering so you can go to work on Monday.

Sickness has thrown out my body clock and now I have cabin fever, one can only stay in bed for a short while. Other than that I have been laying on the couch which is a real novelty for me.

I did the morning coffee run on my own.:cry:

Last edited:
Very good. I've been trying to work out where the camera was mounted, and between the teeth seems the best guess????

I couldn't make out if they were your arms or not. I'll have to take a better look and note of them next time I see you.

Probably, because his knuckles definately don't drag on the ground when he walks.