Just don't mention the war..

At the RACQ gathering a couple of weeks back there was a Ferret scout car with a real looking machine gun. It must be possible to get approval.

Yes it can, with either non-operational or replica machine-gun only, but the bureaucratic requirements and cost are substantial.

You can work wonders with papier-mache.

As for the rabbits, if you could get "real" ones, there's food for a week or two in that hat.

and any replica or facsimile of a machine gun or sub machine gun that is not a toy;

You should be reminding the Police that attended Inflation Nightclub of that law.

Seems they were ignorant of it and didn't listen the Venue Security Staff either.

Man shot by police after 'pulling out gun' at swingers costume party in Melbourne nightclub - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

It will be interesting see how the "Ethical Standards Inquiry" justify the Police action.

You should be reminding the Police that attended Inflation Nightclub of that law.

Seems they were ignorant of it and didn't listen the Venue Security Staff either.

Man shot by police after 'pulling out gun' at swingers costume party in Melbourne nightclub - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

It will be interesting see how the "Ethical Standards Inquiry" justify the Police action.

I think the public consensus was to say "Never point a toy gun at anyone (including a police officer) when they are armed with the real thing!! and that might be the end point, trigger... conclusion as well. but then perhaps others in the club were glad the bullet hit and didn't pass through to them. I think there are a few jokes going about now regarding other distractions...... Inflation and all that.:wink2:

What were cops doing at a 'swingers' party?
Bet they won the prize for 'most realistic costume'.
They even had fully working kit, obviously the guns, but radios and I bet their tasers and handcuffs were working too.

Dunno, REN TIN TIN, but I am sure someone will ask em, and of course the target participants will dine out on the story for years given the media publishing of their names in the papers. I wonder what "engaged in congress" really means, though the writers tried a few other descriptions and I think embarrassing was used too.

I think the public consensus was to say "Never point a toy gun at anyone (including a police officer) when they are armed with the real thing!! and that might be the end point, trigger... conclusion as well. but then perhaps others in the club were glad the bullet hit and didn't pass through to them. I think there are a few jokes going about now regarding other distractions...... Inflation and all that.:wink2:

I believe the gun was in females mouth :eek:

And something else was in the female, a little lower down.

However that is somewhat irrelevant to my original point.

The site Security had already told the Police that "toy" weapons were on site.

As I said earlier, the Ethical Standards review (if it ever made public) should make interesting reading.
Likewise the legal proceedings, which both the male and female persons involved have launched will be "interesting' to observe.

Ren Tin Tin. The police were "called" to the venue. I don't believe they are members of the club.

You could say they were dressed for the occasion! but armchairs aside somebody will eventually sue and get a payout, that is the way it is today, Funny state Victoria might have gone to pot.

attachment.php

We progressed to the Matilda tank in WW11

You could say they were dressed for the occasion! but armchairs aside somebody will eventually sue and get a payout, that is the way it is today, Funny state Victoria might have gone to pot.

And I'd suggest that a bullet each, erroneously, delivered is a fair reason to receive compensation.

Contrary to some others beliefs, IMO Vic Pol should held to standards they boast about and that they expect of the general community.

We wouldn't want open slather weapons use like the USA :wink2:

And even community members "in arm chairs" have the right to expect sensible behavior of Vic Pol members.

Armour plated lounges to the ready.

Of course! and a good example of pre judged prejudice in that example too, but then armchairs rarely get firearms pointed at them, real or otherwise, even in jest. Sit comfortable, I'll wait for the result, of course we could start a new thread/war:wink2:

But I jest!:D

Regards
Ken

I'm predicting the results of the "investigation" won't be made public , or if they are will be shamelessly redacted. For "operational" reasons" of course.

My faith in the Police force investigating themselves remains very limited.

IMO the court proceedings will probably reveal a lot more.

Unless the Vic Pol manage to close the court to the public and press. For "operational reasons" of course.

Let's see what pans out. I for one are not holding my breath waiting to see the footage of the Police body cameras. (If they were turned on!)

And for the record a few people have already stated the gun was in the mouth of one shooting victims and not pointed at police.

Historical interest

...speaking of the war. Here is a pre-war (both wars) 1905 Renault pictured somewhere in Brisbane. I wonder if it still exists.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1037.jpg
    1037.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 629
Not Quite the same, but similar period....... !!!

DSCN0145.jpg

Ray

I wonder if the house still exists

With the car in a barn out the back! Kept on blocks and covered with a tarp and still in original perfect state. They even started it at least twice a year. Only the brakes will need a little adjusting. Not only that but free to a good home.

With the car in a barn out the back! Kept on blocks and covered with a tarp and still in original perfect state. They even started it at least twice a year. Only the brakes will need a little adjusting. Not only that but free to a good home.

In your dreams :wink2:

I'd rather have the house, gorgeous thing that is, and if the cars out back in the barn its all yours.