604...is it the coolest euro ever made...

235770348_d09ee0fd15.jpg

...and something for our greek friends...

:D

:cheers:

dino

better than the 604...possibly... :D but do prototypes count...I dont think so...

Peugeot-Oxia_mp40_pic_37585.jpg

...still got the heart of the 604....

dino

Diplomat...very american, bonnet line of later bel airs...but the vertical headlights are superbly executed...
shame they stuffed up the rest of the car....

John...the rx cars are cool...but face it...they are small...to small to be uber cool...something like this is way way much more cool....

pics-max-9910-261241-lancia-2000-coupe-1971.jpg

dino

ooooohhhh....look...a pininfarina badge.... :D

nearly cool

bresciacar_it_FIAT++2300+S+COUPE+-+1.jpg

this IMO is more cool than the lancia and more reliable :tongue:

of course i'm biased as my parents had a couple of these

3199588852_7a56fcc21d.jpg

Cooler than anything in this thread so far!!!

I like it...yaaa got 70K???? :roflmao: :D it is very cool....but you can just see it...Park it anywhere and you ll have a crowd...its to much...look even in the posted photo there is some "boldy" looking inside...these cars attract freak shows...you know, characters that will talk you to death without telling you their name first....Cool is parking the damned thing..walking away and some guy and girl just giving you a "nod" of approval...thats cool...above VW is cool...but its "circus" cool...its freak show cool..."look at me"...look at me...I ve got tatoos half way up my legs and chains hanging from my shorts....NOT COOL... :D :D :cry:

dino

a very good try though.... :adrink:

John...one word....WTF?

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Honestly... I think I ve got the freedom of expression thing down pat... but I say there should be laws against such 'attacks' on society... So, where are the pics from... Macedonia???

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

dino

3199588852_7a56fcc21d.jpg

Cooler than anything in this thread so far!!!

I don't think that paying a ton of money for something because it's fashionable is cool. It's stupid. I've never seen one of these doing more than 50mph stuck in the slow lane. What a hateful way to travel.

My 604 passed it's MOT last week and got a tax disc on Satuday :wink2:

I drove it round the M25 in easy second and third lane serenity this morning. I was really surprised what a relaxing thing it is to drive around in.

I don't think that paying a ton of money for something because it's fashionable is cool. It's stupid. I've never seen one of these doing more than 50mph stuck in the slow lane. What a hateful way to travel.

you know... if the owner/driver built the thing... and then drove it... yeahh i d say thats relatively cool... certainly deserves respect... but its not cool in the truest sense... like I said, its to "try hard"... I hate "try hards"... hate hate hate...

:D

dino

The 604 is a masterpiece. And our other french brothers and sisters also have there place in the cool squad. But move into the future a little and look at the 607. Now that is one car that is not only distinctive but also feature packeted without being over the top.

But of course what else would a owner of a 607 say.

How can a 604 be a masterpiece? It's just a box. No adventurous lines. Nothing sexy.
Look at the 504 coupe/convertible... now that's cool.
Or the 605, with its elegant lines and muscular flanks, and swept-back aerodynamic face... class, elegance, and a stance that makes no apologies for being king of the road.
Perhaps the 607... stunning from nearly every angle. If only they hadn't mucked up the centre console which looks cheap in design, then it would be cool.

Shift away from Peugeot, and perhaps the timeless Renault Fuego and Renault 25. The best from Renault with ground breaking interior design.

Ze Germans? No. I don't think they've ever made anything that's remotely cool.

I agree re: the 607 being cool... but you guys are forgetting one thing... plastic is not cool... I dont want to discuss it... stainless is cool... steel is cool... glass is cool.... PLASTIC IS NOT COOL... end of story... kaput... also.. need I remind you... we are talking "uber coolnes".... ICE COLD. THATS THE 604.

As far as the renault fuego... lets face it... its... its... its....its CUTE.
Its not cool... sure a turbocharged version is very cool but a stock car is like a cheap st kilda slut... been around... used and abused... never respected... you dont do that to cool cars... they terrify you... cause they bite back... a cool car needs to be respected... like a wild horse... it needs to be broken in... and then looked after and cherished... but not cherished like some hairdresser cherishes his modern day beetle... cherished like charles bronson cherishes a sawn of shot gun... or the way clint cherished his 45 magnum...

the 25.... what can I say... its cool... in the same way an i phone is cool... look, if you think being a sheep is cool... fine... but "uber coolness" isnt what "popular" interpretation would lead one to believe it is...
Uber coolness is rare and non popular... its appears as a glimpse... like a rainbow after a heavy storm... but not just a standard rainbow... but a triple inverted... you know... like the one only seen by that one drifter whos just woken after a restless night under a bridge... :)

dino

The whole freaking interior of the 604 is plastic, other than the CHEAP painted leather seats. Cool huh? Delusion must be your middle name, Dino :D

I agree re: the 607 being cool...

flipping heck, how cool does that make me?

dsc_0497.jpg

Seriously though, I wouldn't call the 607 particularly cool but I have noticed it's one of the few large cars that can pull off this colour. A Merc or 5 series would look stupid in light blue.

607front.jpg

607back.jpg

However it is outdone by its cooler sister

citroen-c6-hdi-240-fap-01.jpg

I sat in one once and loved the 200bhp V6 diesel and the minimalist dash