2nd Annual Aussiefrogs BBQ at Lane Cove National Park

pips said:
Anyone bringing women?

I might bring my wife. She might need someone to talk to.... she's not into cars or computers.

Also, what time exactly are we all meeting up?

pips

Last time people brought wives, partners, families, girlfriends and exes (yeah I'm one of those strange ones that keeps in contact with their exes) along.

Last edited:
GTI124 said:
Pips, we were going to organise the food, drinks and salads. But i you're willing to volunteer some home made salads, that'd be awesome!

Dave, you best takeover matey, if you need things done through the week I could help. But I highly doubt I can make the 30th at this stage.

G'day All :D ....this is your BBQ Captain speaking....*or not* YA :rolleyes: :confused:

As Lincoln has said; food, meat for BBQ, tasty bread rolls and a variety of salads (potato, caesar, garden, etc), drinks and the like will be pre-ordered for the day once we get a final number (estimate). The number of people we get will also slightly alter the costs involved. But based on last year's successful event it's pretty safe to say that $10 per head will more than cover these costs. :)

However, for anyone wishing to offer their own "home-grown" prepared menu items. We'd love you to bring them along to share with your fellow froggers! The only thing I ask is that you let me know if you plan to do this, so that we don't over-order other items. ;)

I'm still interested in anyone's help for lending platters and serving utensils for serving up the salads. Plus any assistance for organising ice and the like would be much appreciated ;) C'mon guys, where are you hiding....Nate? Derek? Iain? Anyone else?

I'll be bringing my partner, Erin. I know Derek, Iain and a few others a bring partners - along with Cruiserman who brought his entire family of 5 (wife & 3 kids) along last year...so the more the merrier people! It's quite a large space that we will reserve...so don't feel restricted.

Could I ask that everyone attending start listing the amount of people attending on their behalf....i.e: (me) Dave + G/f + 2 Friends
If you can all state how many people you're bringing then I will be able to calculate costs, and MOST importantly, we can see if we will break our record of attendee's from last year!!

Thanks all for your assistance! :) Looking forward to your responses! ;)

Both my wife and I will be coming - she will have the v.important job of driving the RCS to the venue as I'll be bringing a new Cit along. Linc, she also makes sure that I don't keep up with any of my ex's!!!

Me
My Wife - Karensa.... pronounced "Ko-ren-za"

Its Karensa with an "S" and an "A" at the end. But don't call her Karen for short... :blackeye:

pips

Myself and my girlfriend will be there, that equals 2. I live literally 3 mins away (marsfield) so I'd be happy to assist in some way. I could organise ice or something similar? Just let me know
Cheers
Tristan

The Tally & Info!

EDITED - FOR EASY READING: PLEASE CHECK BACK TO THIS PAGE FOR ALL FUTURE UPDATES AS THEY WILL BE REFRESHED ON THIS PAGE FOR A LIST OF DETAILS!

www.aussiefrogs.com
AUSSIEFROG'S CELEBRATES 5 YEARS! (AUS.DAY)

Come & Celebrate all things French!

The Second Annual BBQ & Picnic Day
Lane Cove National Park, Sydney
Sunday January 30, 2005

Proudly Supported By
Continental Cars - Citroen
http://www.citroencentre.com.au
ph 02 9759 1977

Autosports Prestige - Peugeot
http://www.autosportsprestige.com.au
ph 02 9335 9335

Northshore Renault - Waitara
http://www.renault.com.au/default.asp
ph 02 9473 7122

The friendly people from Northshore Renault, Autosports Prestige and Continental Cars will be joining us on the day with a very exciting surprise for all attending. There will be the latest model froggies as well as all three Renault, Citroen & Peugeot dealers donating $200 (each) worth of merchandise to be won by lucky Aussiefroggers in a competition which you can partake in on the day! (Yes, that's a total of $600 worth of merchandise!!)

PLUS THE INAUGURAL AUSSIEFROGS BOAT RACE IS ON!
Bring your blow-up dinghys, Eskies or anything that will float and paddle your way to VICTORY!
**There will be heats of different distances (TBA)
**Ribbons will be awarded to winners**
Come along & make AussieFrog history!!!

Where: Site Number 9, 'Carters Creek', inside the Lane Cove National Park
(Click here for Map )

Start: 10:00am
Finish: 7:00pm (Gates close)

Cost: $10 per person
(This covers food, drinks, salads, CAKE & site booking cost)
Plus - $7 Car Entry fee at gates (was originally $6, but according to national parks website, the fee has risen $1)

or powerproductions@optusnet.com.au

WHAT'S HAPPENING & WHEN??

10:00am - 6:30pm:

Attendee's arriving throughout day - Collection of $10 upon Entry - please see Dave Power

12:00pm - 1:00pm:
BBQ, Salads, Bread Rolls and Drinks are served (These will be available further thoughout the day, but first in best dressed)

2:00pm - 3:00pm:
Mysterious MERCHANDISE Competition - Your chance to win your share of $600 in Peugeot, Citroen & Renault gear!

4:00pm - 5:00pm:
The Aussiefrogs Boat Race! Prizes for winners and team players!

5:30pm - 6:00pm:
Celebrate Aussiefrogs 5th Birthday in true Aussiefrogs style with cake and candles! (But don't eat the candles, i've tried them before. not very nice) :D

10:00 - 7:00pm:
Cricket, Footy and other activities to be played at attendees' discretion any time throughout the day! ;)

TOTAL NUMBER OF PEOPLE ATTENDING SO FAR:

UPDATED LIST OF ALL ATTENDING (plus partner/family/friend UPDATES):

MYSELF *Dave* (MY4) + MY4 GIRL (G/F) Erin
DEKA (Derek) + G/F (Kate)
DR.306 (Iain) + G/F (Delle)
BENNYMARSH (Ben) + Wife (Joanne)
XM driver (Jinny)
pips + Wife (Karensa)
n b j
CHRI'S16 (Chris)
whitegoshawk (Mathew)
mmm...CORNERS (Tristan) + G/F (Vanessa)
mr206
Stanislav
halfdave
NATE
moosey (Anthony) + (Wife)
Cruiserman (Neil) + Wife (Adele) + Daughter (Matilda) & Cousin (Alice)
AxGT
LookingForMi16 (James)
jfn180 (John)
RustyNail
PaulD + Wife (Michelle)
jester_fu + G/F
106Rallye (Jon) + wife (Lesley)
DRD180
Brendan + G/F
Daniel + G/F (Victoria)
vector (Dave)
pugpug405
Ringo (Andrew)
Thunderbird2 (Matt) + Fiance' (Sandra)
SamR (Sam)
SLC206 (Simon)
XM Mechanic (Garth)
Cam85 + 1 Friend
Stalled + His Father
Tiop (Ben)
David 3/85 + Passenger
GTI124 (Lincoln)
MR2SLY (Mathew)
Chris + partner (Robyn)

Anyone not on this list - REPLY AND I WILL ADD YOU/THE PEOPLE

ITINERARY
(WHO'S BRINGIN' WHAT!?)

*Meat, Drinks, Bread Rolls, Salads & Assorted Picnic accessories: Dave to organise
*Meat:LookingForMi16 (James)
*Bread Rolls: mmm...corners (Tristan)
*Cake: jester_fu(Scott)
*Ice: CHRI'S16 (Chris)
*Banner: Derek?
*Eskies: Dave (1), Jester_Fu (1 large+ICE), 106Rallye (2)
*Toilet paper for nate when he craps himself...? - Derek?
*Humphrey B-BEAR, for cuddles - pips
*Persian Kittens, for petting - whitegoshawk

C'MON PEOPLE! SPREAD THE WORD AND LET'S SMASH LAST YEAR'S TALLY!​

Last edited:
Spell my wife's name right.

I'm warning you. she's analretentive about her name spelling.

pips :p

Spell my wife's name right.

I'm warning you. she's analretentive about her name spelling.

btw, I didn't realise until yesturday that there is food provided. I thought everyone just brings alittle something, and altogether have a feast. In that case, my wife and I won't bother with the food we were to bring, if that's okay?

pips :p

RFLMAO...! Pips, you're a classic! :D

I've edited that for you....you may now rest calmly...! :D :D

Too funny...

Sorry bout' the slip up! ;)

No worries 'bout the food, just let me know if you change your mind.

I'm a classic? Wait till you meet me. :roflmao:

Thanks for changing it. Speaking of change. Yeah, its confirmed. we won't be bringing food.

Oh, my wife has decided not to come.. Because you are giving to the Red Cross. Last year she learnt something about them with regards to the Bali Bombing. Red Cross collected money for its Bali Bombing appeal, but they didn't give all the money that was raised for the Bali bombing, to other charities that may have needed an extra bit of money.

Truth is, it doesn't really matter. But this too, kind of upset me at the time because the money you are giving might be based on one particular charity, but in the end will not go there. So, therefore, she refuses to participate in anything to do with the Red Cross.

If it were CARE Australia or some other Tsunami appeal. She might consider. The only thing she'll give to the Red Cross might be her blood, because they can't exactly give that to another charity.

Anyway, regardless. I'll be there.

Here's the link to the story behind my wife's drama:
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/05/16/1052885399055.html?1click=true&oneclick=true

:)

Pips

Last edited:
With so much money being raised for the Tsunami appeal, I'm kinda thinking someone should raise money for the Salvos...

Thanks LookingfoMi16 - will be good to catch up again ;)

Pips, *whoa* wait up a bit matey... sshhhheeezzzz....

For starters; I wasn't actually confirming 100% that the Red Cross, or any charity for that matter would receive a donation. I was saying it is an optional cost....meaning: If there is no interest in donating money, then so be it - and people are not obliged to donate, etc etc.

To be quite frank, I agree with Lincoln. I think the Tsunami appeals that are running have raised a lot of money, and will continue to raise money, whilst maybe there are other charities are missing out... but either way - the suggestion of donations at all, was purely that. A suggestion. I didn't mean to get you and your wife all worked up about the Red Cross. I have no connection with them in past, and none other now that I know of. It was just a charity that happened to spring to mind.

We didn't donate any money last year, in fact I believe we were either spot on the mark with budget, or slightly under & a few people threw together the extra dollars.

So if it's a no-go, then so be it - we will leave the charity/donation thing out of the plans. It wouldn't really be that much of a significant amount anyways TBH.

So anyhow, back to the agenda - let's get this BBQ sizzlin' people...don't get caught on the minor details! :D :nownow:

HAHAH :roflmao:

Sorry, she read the thread and looked at me, said "NOPE" and walked off.

I'll bring her around.

Count us both in. LOL

And if she doesn't come, I'll pay for two.

pips

Yeah, Dave, we ran over budget last time. Some very generous people put more in, but myself and Derek ended up forking out a bit of our own for the event. That's OK though, we did it for the love :) :)

MY 4 said:
*Persian Kittens, for petting - whitegoshawk

An... evil persian kitten? :evil:
BWAHAHAHA!!!

However, after 18 years, my persian kitten is sadly no longer with us. :(

Anyhoo, I have an esky, some CDs and a Pug :pugplak: so see ya'all there!

whitegoshawk

PS. Lest I too be called anally retentive about my name; it's only got one 't' in it. :cheers:

DAVE!!!?...
I can get ICE, how much would we need. It'll be from the local servo in those 5Kg bags. Would 5 bags be enough? or 10 bags perhaps? Let us know. My S16 has plenty of rear luguage room. - Chris

ps, and it will be making an appearance.

whitegoshawk said:
after 18 years, my persian kitten is sadly no longer with us.

Sorry to hear that Mathew! (note: correct name spelling!) :( Geez, out of all the people I could have picked to delegate that duty to as a joke, it had to be someone who actually had a sentimental/emotional attachment to. :O Trust ME to go and do something like that...! :rolleyes:

chri's16 said:
DAVE!!!?...
I can get ICE, how much would we need. It'll be from the local servo in those 5Kg bags. Would 5 bags be enough? or 10 bags perhaps? Let us know. My S16 has plenty of rear luguage room

Sounds good Chris, if you're keen and considerin' you do have a pretty empty (i.e stripped out) S16, then I'll take you up on that offer! :D I had already been offered assistance by 'mmm...corners' but hadn't confirmed, so mmm....corners, if that's OK with you, we'll take Chris up on his offer, yeah? ;)

Schweet, will let you all know if I need help with anything else.... :) Love ya work'

Keep on spreadin' the word people! We want HEAPS of frenchie's there!!!!