2nd Annual Aussiefrogs BBQ at Lane Cove National Park

jester_fu said:
stupid comments which i obviously have trailers full of

Jeez Scotty if you could only drive as well as you speak.......

I'll try and come along but don't bother catering for me as it'll probably only be a fleeting appearance, is OK if I turn up in a Pommy car though?

matt205 said:
Jeez Scotty if you could only drive as well as you speak.......

I'll try and come along but don't bother catering for me as it'll probably only be a fleeting appearance, is OK if I turn up in a Pommy car though?

If it's an Elise, you are more than welcome to. After, of course, you pay your respects by giving me a drive. :headbang: :headbang:

C'mon Matt, it's got Peugeot 205 switchgear, a wiper from a Citroen AX and headlights that were modelled off a Renault 4. Thats French enough isn't it? :roflmao:

mmm...CORNERS said:
ahhn no probs, forgot to confirm ice amount and the like....any other task need doing?

Ta matey,

Ice - probably around the 5-6 bags full I think, maybe more. Depending on how hot it is on the day, etc. (That note is directed at Chri's16, BTW)

At this stage this is all I can think of that I need, I shall let you know if anything else pops up. ;)

Oh - I know....who lives closeby to Eastwood? And Anyone else near Glebe?

That could help in regards to picking up orders I want to put in for Sausages & Bread Rolls. :)

jester_fu said:
Sooo... if i promises not to put my 'meat' on the BBQ, can i come?

You, my very 'random' friend, are more than welcome to come! Oh, and your g/f too, if she hasn't beaten you to death already. :) Good to see I'm not the only freak that dribbles sh*t 'round here! ;) Keep up the odd posts they're classic!

Amongst the strange comments, you actually made a fairly valid point in regards to the esky situation. Why did I ever mention FOAM eskies?? I have no freekin' idea. But now that you mention it - ANY eskies will do i guess! :) So yeah, bring one if you like! ;)

macquered said:
C'mon Matt, it's got Peugeot 205 switchgear, a wiper from a Citroen AX and headlights that were modelled off a Renault 4. Thats French enough isn't it?

Brendan, are you making an appearance at this year's BBQ?

Not this time, I've got something on that day.

MY 4 said:
Ta matey,

Ice - probably around the 5-6 bags full I think, maybe more. Depending on how hot it is on the day, etc. (That note is directed at Chri's16, BTW)
done... 5-6 bags of ice. - Chris

Count me in for the BBQ. Sounds good ... it'll be weird to see the faces behind the posts. Lesley (my wife) is 50/50 for it. She's got some stuff on the previous day so it'll depend on that - so won't know until last minute. If it's better to count her in then I'll give you the $ for both of us whether she makes it or not.

Do you need things bringing / doing? Please let me know, post it here or pm me. Have got a couple of eskys if useful (not foam though! :nownow: ) But looking at the posts it may be more like an esky freak's convention than a French car BBQ so pls let me know if worth bringing.

DRD180 & 106Rallye, consider yourselve's added to the list! ;) Will be very nice to meet you both.

106Rallye, i'll take you up on the esky offer. But I think that should be enough in the way of eksies guys, so no thanks DRD180 - don't worry bout' bringing one.

Could I please ask a favour from everyone who would like to come, or have already said that they are coming?
Could you please reply with your first name, and any partners/friends' names who are joining you? Reason being: I'm going to make up some 'name badges'!!
:) hehe, i know i know, a little bit on the "geeky conference seminar" side of life. BUT it's a handy thing when we're all mostly meeting for the very first time! I know I'm pretty bad at putting faces to names and vice-versa - so this will eliminate that little hassle! :) ;)

On the 'help' front, i'm still looking for people in both the EASTWOOD and GLEBE areas... to help pick up pre-ordered food and the like. So if you live close by to these areas, or don't mind the drive to these areas (if it's on the way, or whatever) please speak up...this will help a lot on the Sunday morning, when it all needs to be picked up in one large swoop. ;)

Thanks people!

Dave ----> OUT! :D

Last edited:
DRD180 aka david dyer. If you cant get the locals to hepl bring the food, let us know and i will give a hand there.

Oh, the esky was for eski races as i see there are so many there

RE: nametags: I'm James.

Also, I will be able to swing by Glebe on my way. Just let me know the time and address, and whether I'll need to carry it in an esky, and I'll pick it up.

Thanks David & James. ;) Any partners I should list also? (Very quick responses BTW) Enjoying your Sunday afternoon guys? :) Hope so!

The Esky races sound like quite a good idea...hmmm. where would we do it though? If you're really keen, we could almost use the eskies as boats and paddle/race them up and down the river? :D :D :D That would be hell cool!

We could have 50/100 metre stints too, with markers set out...it's all possible guys! What do you think!?

James, if you could take care of the sausages then, i'll tee that up with you. They will need to be picked up from Glebe. And yes, you'll most likely need and esky. But it's just sausages, so shouldn't take up more room than one esky and ice (I think..) but will let you know if you need more space. Is this all cool wih you? I'll PM you with all the necessary details once I create the order. :)

Even though some others are bringing ice with their eskies I think it'll still be good if Chri's16 picks up a few bags (maybe keep it at 3 or 4 bags though) - because it may be quite a warm day, and we may need to restock eskies with ice...but i'll keep you updated on this Chris.

:) Thanks again people...

Woohoo, i can make it this year...

Me (Daniel) and my GF (Victoria) will be coming down.

I can also pick up anything you want... if you need me, call me. (0403 682981) I also got towbar and big trailer if you need any big items. The 206 can handle it :)

You mentioned that the boats could not have motors... are they allowed to have sails??? :banana:

:cheers:

G'day Daniel!

Long time no speak.. I think the last time I saw you would have been the M4, city bound - near the toll gates? ;) Will be sweet to catch up mate. :)

I'll have to check the situation with boating on the river....I am pretty sure that it's just a 'no power boats' policy - for pollution/conservation reasons. But i'm not sure if there are any other policies for this. Will keep you posted - I will be speaking with the National Parks on Monday.

How big is this sailing boat, might I add, just so I can put the question to the NP?

maybe we'll make the 'boat race conditions' an "anything that floats" acceptable entry?? :) This means anything from eskies thru to blow-up dinghy's etc...but i think to make it fair for competitive reasons it would have to be PADDLE-POWERED vessels only :) But if it's ok with the NP, feel free bring the sailing boat for a cruise too!

Name info ... I'm Jon (without an 'h', not that it bothers me). My 'better half' is Lesley.

Consider the eskies brought, and I may as well bring some ice in them ... seems rude not to. We can build a snowman if we've got too much or make an iceberg and re-enact the sinking of the Titanic with eskies.

What's this stuff you need from Eastwood? If it wants to be brought cold then I could make a detour on the way up. Let me know. Cheers.

"Oh - I know....who lives closeby to Eastwood? And Anyone else near Glebe?"

I can pick up stuff from eastwood if needed still, that too is only 5 mins away. and for name tag purposes, I'm Tristan and my GF's name is Vanessa.

So to confirm I will pick up stuff from eastwood if needed, just tell me when!

Thanks Jon, but I'll take Tristan up on his offer, considering he's closer. ;)

mmm...CORNERS said:
So to confirm I will pick up stuff from eastwood if needed, just tell me when!

That would be fantastic thanks Tristan, look out for a PM from me within the next few days - as i will pre-order bread-rolls from Eastwood, and send you the information you need.

Also - Daniel, and anyone else interested in the boating side of the BBQ - ANY NON-POWERED boats are allowed in the river...but as far as sails go, there isn't too much wind - as it is in a valley. So it may prove a little pointless? So i'd stick with paddle-power guys....

I might just go and pick myself up a little 2 person blow-up dinghy I think! Let's make this an official race boys and girls! :D :D :D

Just so you all know, I'm quite serious about this boat race! It's official!!

SNIP>>>
***NEW!!!***
THE INAUGURAL AUSSIEFROGS BOAT RACE IS ON!
Bring your blow-up dinghys, Eskies or anything that will float and paddle your way to VICTORY!
**There will be heats of different distances (TBA)**Ribbons will be awarded to winners**
Come along & make AussieFrog history!!!
<<<<