2nd Annual Aussiefrogs BBQ at Lane Cove National Park

Hi My dairy says that January 25th is a Tuesday. Its the day before the DS23 is to go to the NRMA motor fest. So Tuesday will be taken up with the washing and the polishing, the running the screaming and the bleeding ( Simpsons professor style ). I would love to come with the citroen however.

Guess that explains how we magically got the same date again! haha. Oops! It was getting a bit late last night, me thinks.

OK, so we have two possible dates, your thoughts people?

- Sunday January 23rd
- Sunday January 30th.

I'm leaning towards the 30th myself.

Thanks for re-posting this event Lincoln. :) I'm really looking forward to doing this again after such a great turn up last year.

I would like to point out also, that we are looking at running a few races & challenges on the day to make it all a little more entertaining this year. ...and to laugh at Lincoln, when he loses any race. :banana:

Ideas I've come up with so far:
  • Boat Race
  • Radio Controlled Car race
  • Frog race

The boat race idea kinda' floated about last year (pun intended! :p) but only a few people hired boats, and didn't really race them. So I thought this year we'd make it an official idea from day one - and we can all prepare our vessels for battle! :D There is a hire place (as i mentioned) up the road from where we'll be - it's around $12-$20 to hire a boat from memory (and i think you can have around 4 people in a boat).OR You could bring your own kayak/canoe/dinghy and take up the challenge. Just as long as you don't have an engine on your boat - you're more than welcome to join in!

So what would all you froggers say bout that idea, then? :headbang:

GTI124 said:
Going to come down from QLD for this one? Come on, it's the biggest event of the year!

Ohh I don't know Linc, it's a big ask, I'd have to borrow a Pug and a trailor to get one of my un-reliable Cits down there :roflmao: :roflmao:

Let's see what the new year brings, I could use a decent drive :wink2:

Cheers
Chris

Consider me there....

errr....

provided I have a 306 by then.

If not, can someone let me tag along?

pipsqeek

pips said:
Consider me there....

errr....

provided I have a 306 by then.

If not, can someone let me tag along?

pipsqeek

Not a problem at all. Come along in any car, we don't mind!

I'm in! Either date works for me

GTI124 said:
OK, so we have two possible dates, your thoughts people?

- Sunday January 23rd
- Sunday January 30th.

I'm leaning towards the 30th myself.
...yeah, im in for the 30th too. Will it be ok if the S16 dosn't make an appearance? - Chris

Of course' it's ok Chris! ;) You're still an Aussiefrogger, right? So why would we say no?!?!

Lincon & Dave
Refesh my memory; did Lane Cove ask to pay an entry fee at the gate? I'm getting old so my memory can't remember that far back. - Chris

CHRI'S16 said:
Lincon & Dave
Refesh my memory; did Lane Cove ask to pay an entry fee at the gate? I'm getting old so my memory can't remember that far back. - Chris

You could click on the previous link, but yes, there is a small entry fee.

Excellent, I was hoping this would happen again.
Count me in, either date is good at the moment. No skiing in canada this time....the bank balance will not allow it!

I'm in!!!

And I don't need a ride, as I will be coming in my own Pug!!!

Yes, that's right. I found one.

Pic will be posted soon... as soon as I pick it up.

pips