Spotted in NSW.....

I saw a white original DS at Summer Hill Village around midday today.

Waiting in traffic in Ashfield today, looked across the road and there in a yard was a blue GS! Nice to see something a bit unusual and French in a sea of banal cars around here. There is a CX around here too that I spot occasionally.

Silver Pug 206 Eastbound on Great Western Highway E. of Bathurst about mid-day Saturday 30 Jan - might have been GTi, went past too quick :)

A white Pug 3008 GT with white on black Centenary of Federation (NSW) plates parked in Home Base, East Wagga Wagga this morning, shortly after 11:00.

I hung around for a bit to see if I could catch who owned the vehicle, but they didn't appear before I had to leave.

Spotted in Riverwood on Sunday!

IMG_20210201_231044.jpg

Why did you blot out the number plates?
They were obviously "his" and "hers" !
A prickly relationship !

• Haha
Reactions: SMM
Spotted yesterday in Croydon Park - a Citroen C5 Aircross. A blue colour. The first I have seen on the road.

I was in the Southern Highlands today driving through a small village and saw a collection of more than half a dozen 505s. I wished I had the time to have a proper look... some of them appeared quite tidy..

Whenever I am around Southern Highlands and Bowral I always seem to spot a lot of Peugeots and Citroens

Allan Mackay Motors in Moss Vale seems to be a very active Peugeot dealer, so that might help to explain a lot of Peugeots in the Southern Highlands.

But Citroën? I don't know.

Why block out the number plates, it not as though they are not public knowledge ? Also knowing a numberplate doesn't help track down a car .
Just following 'the herd' I s'pose - everybody seems to do it. Logically, sensibly, you are right - why does it matter. The subject of "Privacy" seems to have reached dizzying heights of absurdity {IMHO}. Not long ago I wrote to the Council of Motor Clubs asking if they could give me the contact name & email for the responsible officer for all their member clubs - they wouldn't due to "Privacy." This information is all in the public domain anyway for anyone with a computer and the web, I just wanted to save the hassle of opening / closing / copying / pasting from dozens of websites. .............. Oops, sorry for the off topic rant o_O

Thanks for taking the time to reply, yes it seems as though PC has gone OTT , most French car owners would be happy that someone, anyone ,has recognised their car.

It's funny that there is so much information in Photos these days, that people are still worried about things like plates in photo's. But in the same sense Google Maps Streetview still blanks out plates as well.

I realise you said Portland in your post, but the full latitude and longitude is also in the pic.

https://www.google.com/maps/@-33.35...4!1sEO7xPGcB6I-F0aVjMRxyDw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Untitled-3.jpg

If we're really worried about details in pics we need to wipe the full exif data, and all street signs, and all colour and.......how far do we take it ?

Cheers

Justin

Last edited:
You forgot to add that since we know the location and approximate date, it isn't hard to calculate the time of day.

Google even zaps business identifying signs and rural property gate signs. It can be a real pain.

We had an unofficial Peugeot meeting in Wagga Wagga today, shortly after 11:15 A.M.. And, fittingly, it was near the Peugeot Dealership.

I was in my 307 SW, heading west along the Sturt Highway. Heading east near the roundabout near the said Dealership, was a silver coloured 307 SW, also a facelift model. Entering the roundabout from the opposite side to the Dealership was a white, early model 3008, and then I found myself following what appeared to be a very well kept black 407 with Queensland numberplates. I followed it for a short distance and I couldn't spot anything wrong. Dirty alloy wheels was probably the only thing detracting from the appearance of the car.

Cheers,
Andrew

We had an unofficial Peugeot meeting in Wagga Wagga today, shortly after 11:15 A.M.. And, fittingly, it was near the Peugeot Dealership.

I was in my 307 SW, heading west along the Sturt Highway. Heading east near the roundabout near the said Dealership, was a silver coloured 307 SW, also a facelift model. Entering the roundabout from the opposite side to the Dealership was a white, early model 3008, and then I found myself following what appeared to be a very well kept black 407 with Queensland numberplates. I followed it for a short distance and I couldn't spot anything wrong. Dirty alloy wheels was probably the only thing detracting from the appearance of the car.

Cheers,
Andrew
Possibly except for the lack of chevrons?

Possibly except for the lack of chevrons?
Then it would not have been a Peugeot meeting, but a PSA meeting.

But you correctly note that the same Dealership is also the Citroën Dealership.

It is also, and was originally, a Ford Dealership. It’s also a BMW dealership. (in about 2018, I was looking at the 308 SW and the ‘salesman’ came to talk to me about the 308. He didn’t know very much about it, but when he saw a couple looking at one of the BMW models, he was off like a flash to them. He left me hanging, basically mid-sentence. There was no apology, no excuse for leaving, not even a word of good bye. He just left me and so I left there shortly after. I have often wondered since whether or not they purchased that vehicle.)

That Dealership has also had at various times, Skoda, Ssang-Yong, and I’m sure a couple of other makers. But they escape me now.

Cheers,
Andrew