Spotted in NSW.....

Brand new white C5 Aircross pulled up behind me at the lights just as I was about to turn onto Forest Way today. Very nice, first one i've seen on the road, glad someone is buying them.

A late 90s 306 5dr hatch, in a very pleasant dark green, in the western carpark at Austinmer. From what I've seen from the train, it appears to be in good nick.

Spotted two Black C5 X7's yesterday in Ashfield - parked just around the corner of each other

Passed a nice metallic red 308 Allure Premium wagon today at Belrose and waved, hi if you are on here. Same colour as my hatch. I've seen a few of these in the local area and 2 regularly parked at the local shops, they are normally a rare sight.

I passed red 307 CC along Byrnes Rd between Shepherds Siding and Harefield at about 5:10 P.M. today.
It appeared to be well kept (as far as one can tell when driving at 100 km/h in the opposite direction!).

Spotted a Series 2 Xsara parked in Ashfield this morning

TlznraI.jpg

ghQyIF7.jpg

WmRxarD.jpg

Tamworth...

That must have some interesting mods..like a R16 drivetrain.. how else could you do THREE stud wheels GS or 2CV ? Maybe somebody has put D panels on a 2CV or A series chassis ? With the lack of chassis visible I suspect the latter.

seen in the other place with comments that variously attribute it to a Bob who usually uses a 2cv chassis and a GS engine
( i would love to commission an SM from him )
is certification easier left hand drive ?

Last edited:
That must have some interesting mods..like a R16 drivetrain.. how else could you do THREE stud wheels GS or 2CV ? Maybe somebody has put D panels on a 2CV or A series chassis ? With the lack of chassis visible I suspect the latter.
Well that looks more like an R16 rim on the front than a GS rim (which has a hole in the centre).

that rack on the roof and little lip at the back reminds me of ID19 ambulances

Croydon is becoming a haven for Renaults, today I saw a Renault Clio RS (reddish), and Megane RS (while) and an ordinary Clio

Got a 'backlog' of spottings from recently:
Sunday 1 Nov, evening, was tailing a white (maybe cream - it was dark) Citroen DS on the Great Western Highway between Blackheath & Katoomba;
Sunday 8 Nov, in the morning, spotted a maroon Pug 505 station wagon, Bathurst Rd in Katoomba, near the station;
Sunday 15 Nov, late pm, spotted a blue Renault 10 {8?} heading West on the Great Western Highway near Bathurst;
Thats it for now :)
Regards, Rob

seen in the other place with comments that variously attribute it to a Bob who usually uses a 2cv chassis and a GS engine
( i would love to commission an SM from him )
is certification easier left hand drive ?
Yes, it's 2CV chassis widened by 130mm, rear arms chopped back to give original 2CV track on rear, but with GS hubs and discs.
Suspension is 2CV, however I'm planning to fit a GS front sub frame including steering, but with 2CV springs replacing the hydraulic units.
Is has GS1220 engine and trans, and GS front track. Various DS panels squeezed and chopped to fit (130mm narrower than a DS).
It has 3 body modes, all bolt on/off.
Pics show "Farm Ute"
Also have "Hardtop Coupe"
And "Open Sports"
The only panels of original shape are the front wings.
Technically it complies with Street Rod specs, although I had it on full reg for the last 4 years, now on classic.
The mods are all engineer certified, LHD makes no difference, being before 1970 ADR makes it a lot easier. Separate chassis construction simplifies certification.
20190407_145748.jpg
I only really needed the certification because the engine is twice the size of the biggest ever fitted to that chassis type by the manufacturer.
It's a '61 chassis, which had 14hp when new, now has 60hp, will do about 140kmh
No it's not scary! Brakes are all disc, 165x15 on the front, 135x15 rear.
85 litre fuel tank!
Very comfortable Xantia seats.
Ventilation is a little too much in winter.

brilliant!
now, about a GS-SM ...
Mmmmmm.... could be a few compliance issues.
It might be possible, if it can be shown to retain all the GS structural and safety qualities. If it's just a new skin of different shape..... why not?
My tame certifying engineers are certainly open to reasonable suggestions.
( and if you consider what they approved for me, some unreasonable ones too!)

If you're serious..... I'm up for it!