R10 extractor design..

My most recent valve guide work involved the cylinder head folk recommending sleeving them internally and reaming to suit the valve stem diameter in preference to replacing them, if that is any help. Seems to work perfectly well.

Hi I agree with John. IMHO I think it is better to keep the original factory installed guides and re-line them with what we called in ZA
K-liners. It is brass so could be a better or longer lasting guide. I have seen a badly sized or fitted guide come out of the casting causing a lot of damage.

Regards, Frans

hey thanks John and Frans, that info is gold to me! been watching your track videos Frans - you really give those guys a run for their money...after reading stuff about the Alconis in SA it's obvious a well sorted 8 or 10 is quite a weapon!

BP

smee again - got a quote for 8 valves including collets + freight from Meca Parts, 228 Euros - must admit that surprised me a bit...

could have sworn I posted elsewhere on my search for valves but it doesn't appear in search so it didn't go - I have been having a few problems with my interbet thingo...

the Renault 12 Shop has sets of exhaust valves part number 7701458190 for 45 Euros - might start there. apparently the number for the intake valves is 7701458180

won't do anything until I hear from aussiefroggers here

cheers

BP

forgot to mention I saw inlet valves for 5.34 Euros each at Spareto - btw the head is a 10S with the bigger ports, I also have the manifolds and a 32DIR Weber

BP

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a design for extractors for street use with a standard sierra 1.4l?

I am after pipe sizes, primary and secondary length etc., I can do the rest.

It seems 4-2-1 is the go but I am open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance..

Holy thread resurrection!

I think I missed last time when you mocked this up with plastic bunings tube! What a great idea! Thanks for the inspiration.

Holy embarrassment level..:rolleyes:

These extractors were my first foray into metal fabrication, I ended up making a better pair which are still attached to my car.

I'm happy to say my metal fabrication skills have improved somewhat since 2012.

:p Ah but that's the point now isn't it!

Good on ya!

Holy embarrassment level..:rolleyes:

These extractors were my first foray into metal fabrication.

I'm happy to say my metal fabrication skills have improved somewhat since 2012.

Do you think so..............:D