R10 extractor design..

about $140 in parts including muffler plus $250 for ceramic coating.worth its weight in gold.

Attachments

• 20150218_193521.jpg
    20150218_193521.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 340
Things have advanced a bit since 1950....

Attachments

• P1010004.jpg
    P1010004.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 322
Someone hinted earlier about stealing manifolds from BMC's, Is there actually some kind of bizarre standard head spacing size that allows borrowing of manifolds from different marques?

why the bed in front john don't trust your brakes?

:) :) Funnily enough, since that photo, I've upgraded to spider wheel Dauphine brakes, 9" drums instead of 7" drums. Huge improvement. Same diameter as an FJ H*****n but a bit less weight, despite the huge number of grease nipples. Of course, with the advanced manifolding, speed isn't a huge issue......

Someone hinted earlier about stealing manifolds from BMC's, Is there actually some kind of bizarre standard head spacing size that allows borrowing of manifolds from different marques?
Hi bowie :)
I never heard that but it was said Datsun manifolds might sort of fit. BMCs common engines always had siamesed center exhaust ports and inlet ports so crap design there that would not work.
But the question of "borrowing" design probably comes from the fact that there was a lot of engines and other parts, even complete cars, built under licence in "new markets" over the years. Possibly more than you might imagine happened. Then when the agreement ended the production continued on with the same machines so the spacings remained. My theory anyway :) :)
Jaahn
PS the mighty BMW started making Austin 7s under licence.:) Even made three wheelers later too :) Tell that to a poseur in a current 4WD Toorak tractor.

PS the mighty BMW started making Austin 7s under licence.:) Even made three wheelers later too :) Tell that to a poseur in a current 4WD Toorak tractor.

Here's another mighty BMW - very nearly broke in the early 1960s....

Pretty simple exhaust system.

Attachments

• BMW 700 for sale 2.jpg
    BMW 700 for sale 2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 267
  • BMW 700 for sale 1.jpg
    BMW 700 for sale 1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 268
  • BMW 700 for sale.jpg
    BMW 700 for sale.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 254
Hmmm, I may need to consider making a set of pipes for this bad boy when I finally get it running, I don't think the R10 muffler is going to cut it..:tongue:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• nm.jpg
    nm.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 635
  • vnb.jpg
    vnb.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 669
Same muffler, slightly different inlet pipe I think for Dauphine/Dauphine G. Caravelle, R8/10 exactly the same I think.

Hmmm, I may need to consider making a set of pipes for this bad boy when I finally get it running, I don't think the R10 muffler is going to cut it..:tongue

Hmm. Two plugs short isn't it? :)

Having been rude, what actually is it? Nothing wrong with a big sidevalve.

G'day JW,

It's just a plaything I picked up a while ago, and yes, a little short.
Its from a 1936 (ish) Chrysler. Just bought it on a whim, don't have a clue what I'm gonna do with it yet, probably just on-sell it.

Nothing to see here..:cool:

59 Floride.

Actually you shouldn't be playing with the Chrysler/Dodge or whatever it is. You should be getting the Floride back on the road in time for the Rear Engine Workshop Day on the 2nd September. We could check up on extractor design on this day. Couple of us have them.

59 Floride.

Actually you shouldn't be playing with the Chrysler/Dodge or whatever it is. You should be getting the Floride back on the road in time for the Rear Engine Workshop Day on the 2nd September. We could check up on extractor design on this day. Couple of us have them.

Hmm, tempting as it may be, it unfortunately clashes with a work day. :( But bit by bit the Floride is getting the attention she has been lacking for the last 3 years, besides I have other distractions going on at the Renault workshops.:tongue:

...and it's all your fault.:wink2:

Last edited:
G'day JW,

It's just a plaything I picked up a while ago, and yes, a little short.
Its from a 1936 (ish) Chrysler. Just bought it on a whim, don't have a clue what I'm gonna do with it yet, probably just on-sell it.

Nothing to see here..:cool:
Interesting Graham. I have in my possession, a workshop for a Plymouth/Dodge/DeSoto from exactly that time period. Mum and Dad had a '39 Plymouth from what I remember.

hey HK Puggy - I managed to pick up a 10S head, twin throat weber and S inlet/exhaust manifolds to upgrade my 10 - I took the head to a local shop for 'evaluation' and they have come back to me saying they are having problems sourcing valves and guides - they are also having problems working out the difference between the 10 and 10S heads as well....all I have been able to tell them is that the S head has different porting and larger valves - that didn't help.

I will have the 10 and all parts at the 10 workshop in Boonah at Sunroofs Toy Shed on Saturday 2nd, really looking forward to that!

BP

they are having problems sourcing valves and guides - they are also having problems working out the difference between the 10 and 10S heads as well....all I have been able to tell them is that the S head has different porting and larger valves - that didn't help.

The 10S (Euro market 8S) motor has the same valves as a Renault 12, so no real mystery there - at least to Renault people :). I'm guessing given they are such an old motor, and the Australian only market of the 10S, any tech details will be rare. They will have to look up Renault 8S and a 688-09 engine type in any documentation they are referencing (likely European data books).

thanks Simon, had a chat with Sunroof about it this morning - the 10 is on the trailer and (almost) ready to go...roll on Satdee...

BP