Code readers and diagagnostic gagets

I haven't had much success with my cheap V47 (I beleive) Lexia reader so far. The instructions from the seller were not great and I think he had a wrong activation code in his instructions as well. Not that he would admit that... but entering a different code I found from a forum worked.

When I finally, after 5 hours of re-installation loops, got the Diagbox Sw activated it still wont' work. It can read the VIN from the C5 - correctly :) but when I start the Lexia (Diagbox seems to be just a front end to Lexia in the older vehicles) it comes up with an error dialog in foreign language, French, complaining about lack of connectivity.
For me it seems the box does not even try to connect with Lexia as the solenoid inside the analyser box does not click. More time wasted.
Should I publish the name of the seller or put this down as my own incompetence?

Does anybody want a broken C5 :D

The one I have ordered is has been in australia according the the postal tracking for several days (that would be right, australia post is going to take longer than getting here from the UK :rolleyes: ) ... anyway, I'll send you it's instructions and software if that helps :confused: I'm sure the "connector" bit is all but similar.

seeya,
Shane L.

Aliexpress is OK, you can use reasonably secure payment approaches but it's very much "caveat emptor" in terms of the goods you get.

Forgot about these guys, so paid 250 for a V20 CLIP from eBay - could have been had for around 40 less, or 100 less if went with an earlier version which probaby the same anyway less software I could Torrent!

Oh well. Needed it quickly and reliably...

Kimmo, you need to reinstall the dongle. For simplicity, uninstall the whole Lexia and start again.

Do not ever allow it to "search for updates". This will identify the unit as a clone and PSA's server instructs it to shut down - you have to uninstall and reinstall then, too!

I spent two hours on a car today, first hour was finding the connector (nowhere like the internet said) and then an hour confirming the antipollution fault was a dying battery - intermittent cell shorting causing voltage discontinuity. Lexia simply told me of fuel rail pressure issues; I had to work backwards from there - see my comments elsewhere about experience vs what's on the screen.

Oh yeah had that, and a future citizen trying to drive through the driver side door when this happened after moving into the intersection. Evidently I was over the 100 mtrs distance necessary for him to see anything so he just kept coming and me with a dead C5. Good thing these old bangers, as shane L put it, are built strong around the cabin capsule. New door that's all.
:cheers:
lol I have had way too many close calls, getting my own lexia scanner in the near future, then will be keeping my eyes ove for a wrecked vts or gt, or the equivalent c3 variant (same bitch, different makeup, better boobs/gearbox) and swap the lot over to make myself a full manual c2 vtr ;)

Would different software help? I'll send you whatever I receive in the post (hopefully it'll get here tomorrow). If it's reading the VIN the hardware is obviously connecting :confused:

seeya,
Shane L.

The diagbox is 6.01 and the firmware was originally 4.2.8. I downgraded FW to 4.2.4 when someone on the forum suggested 4.2.8 may not work. Nevertheless I have had no luck with neither 4.2.8 nor 4.2.4. Maybe I need to fowngrage the diagbox to 5.x as well.

EDIT: it seems the Diagbox forces the FW upgrade on startup even if the internet connection is OFF. What happened was that I downgraded the FW to 4.2.4 and then started the Diagbox that upgraded the FW back to 4.2.8. I need to have the Lexia disconnected when starting the Diagbox and hopefully then it wont force the upgrade. I will try that tonight.... there are some suggestions on various sites that the C5 does not work with FW higher than 4.2.4.

Last edited:
If it's an older unit, I thought the later diagboxes didn't work ??

I just had the one arrive here today. I have no idea how it all works yet, there a bunch of cables and connectors (about 5 of them) and several CD's.

If any of these can help you let me know:

The disk labelled PP2000 readme file says:
-DiagBox V05.02
Acti-Diag V 4.76.01
Data V 12.14
DDC V 2.09.09
eDiag V 4.0.3.2.55
PP2000 V 600.15
Lexia V 500.14
PPD V 3.1.43.9

Disc labelled PP2000 V47, DiagBox6.01
contains patches and versions as labelled.

Gee's the seller has gone to a huge amount of effort. the 3rd disc is a setup disk he has made to allow for simple installs.. contains licensed version of XP, windoze 7, peugeot planet guide, diagbox manual, update procedures, install instructions, diagbox 5.02, diagbox 6.01, pathc files etc.... The place I bought this from (listed earlier in the thread) sure seems to have gone to a lot of effort.

How the hell will I ever work out what all of these cables are for though :eek:

attachment.php

attachment.php

there's 6 cables there with a huge variety of huge connector plugs :confused: I have no idea what all the labels mean. They must be version numbers of the connector box.

seeya,
Shane L.

Attachments

• lexiacables.jpg
    lexiacables.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,120
  • lexiadiscs.jpg
    lexiadiscs.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 2,201
Mine came with no disks at all. Just instructions for downloading the SW from a ftp server. It could be that I should use Diagbox 5.02. There should be no need to use 6.x as I've understood it only adds support for later models.

You only need the cable with green plug and one of the serial to usb cables. I did not get the cable with the brown plug at all. Would that be for pre-2001 models?

Before you install anything, it might be a good idea to run PSA Interface Checker program (you probably got in in one of the disks). That will tell what FW version the dongle has got initially installed.

Last edited:
This Lexia thing is taking over my life now. Another version of software installed. Lexia V45 this time. The same error message, now in English:

"The data passed from the portal is incorrect
Please check your configuration"

Anybody seen this one?

Got my hands on an ELM 327 to try on my Vista crap, but apart fror a silly cartoony looking skin of imaginary instuments it did Zilch, bugger all, nothing, wouldn't connect or tell me why. Good thing it's rubbish collection day.

I finally got my Lexia working this morning. Shane kindly sent me a disk with correct SW and instructions. The seller on eBay could not provide complete instructions. For me it looked like his instructions were bits and pieces copied from various discussion groups. There was both English (sort of) and Chinese text on the instructions document, maybe some steps were in Chinese only :)
He won't get positive feedback from me.

Must be the same vendor I bought off six months ago to plug into Shane's XM (now mine).
Had to hound the chinese vendor. Sent the application software only.

Keith

Last edited:
Haven't heard that one Shane. Could be right. Wonder if I'll have to relearn morse code?

My car has a 30 pin brown connector under steering wheel.
Which in turn needs a 30- 16 adapter, 16 pin being the OBD2 'standard'.
I guess the French word for standard does not translate.

On the same lines, it is interesting to see PSA working up to multiplex.
My car (1995) still has thick wires but all the infrastructure is there to drop in MUX in the next year or two.
Judging by comments on other forums, 15 years later they are still trying to 'refine' the idea.

They still haven't quite grasped the concept of colour code wiring standard though! Ha Ha
I guess it all adds to the challenge of Citroen ownership.

Last edited:
My car has a pin connector under steering wheel.
Which in turn needs a 30- 16 adapter, 16 pin being the OBD2 'standard'.
I guess the French word for standard does not translate.
OBD-II was certainly not an international standard in 1995!

The California Air Resources Board "created" it in 1994 and was mandated it on all US vehicles in 1996. It wasn't until 2001 that the EU declared EOBD (the European equivalent) mandatory on all petrol vehicles.

I don't think the French do colour-coded wires. They use numbers printed on the wires, not colours. The connectors are usually colour-coded, however.

Thanks Shane, worth a go.

Agreed Simon. D's and CX electrics are impossible to trace by colour.
XM - well there are tiny trace colours on SOME of the wires but still 20 years behind.
The connectors are much better quality though.

And to think the Frogs are manufacturing fly by wire Airbus. Now that's a scary thought.

Last edited: