Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Sunday 25 Jan

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MY 4

Fellow Frogger
Sydney BBQ/Picnic - Lane Cove

EDITED - FOR EASY READING: PLEASE CHECK BACK TO THIS PAGE FOR ALL FUTURE UPDATES TO LIST & DETAILS!

www.aussiefrogs.com
The INAUGURAL BBQ & Picnic Day - Lane Cove National Park, Sydney

Sunday 25th January

Where: Site Number 9, 'Carters Creek', inside the Lane Cove National Park
(Click here for Map )

Start: 2:00pm
Finish: 7:00pm (Gates close)

Cost: $10 per person
(This covers food, drinks, salads & site booking cost)
Plus - $6 Car Entry fee at gates

Contacts: Dave Power - 0438937118
Lincoln - 0416148686​

TOTAL NUMBER OF PEOPLE ATTENDING SO FAR:

UPDATED LIST OF ALL ATTENDING (plus partner/family/friend UPDATES):

MYSELF - Dave - (MY4) + MY4 GIRL (G/F) Erin
DEKA - Derek -
DR.306 - Iain -
BENNYMARSH - Ben + (Fiance) Jo
GTI124 - Lincoln + (G/F) Kate
TONIA (GTi6)
MATT205 - Matt -
JFN306 - John -
MACQUERED - Brendan -
MITCHMi16 - Mitch -
LOOKINGFORMi16 - James -
Mi16_WEAPON - Kriss + (G/F) Amanda + (Dad) Peter, aka. Papa Bear
TIM_Mi16 - Tim -
CROSSPUG -Jono + (G/F) Kyrra
TEKKIE - Voytek -
NATE
CHRI'S16 - Chris -
XZIBIT - Con -
PUGGER80 + Friends
WHITE GOSHAWK - Matthew -
GRANT (Yahoo Oz_Clio_Sport) + Partner
CAM85 (Cameron) + 1

GTi180Killer
J4RS
Adapsiss

Andrew + Wife (Autosports Prestige)

Cruiserman (Neil) + Wife (Adele) + Daughter (Matilda) & Cousin (Alice)
PeterT (Peter) + Wife (Evelyn) + Sons (John & Ryan) + Daughter (Amy)
STONE - Marcus

Anyone not on this list - REPLY AND I WILL ADD YOU/THE PEOPLE

ITINERARY
(WHO'S BRINGIN' WHAT!?)

*BBQ itself: Mi16_Weapon
*Meat, Drinks, Bread Rolls, Salads & Assorted Picnic accessories: Lincoln
*Ice: Derek
*Banner: Derek
*Car & Trailer to pick up BBQ: PeterT
*Back-up Car & Trailer & BBQ: Nate
*Foam Eskies: Mi16_Mitch
*Tissues, for any runny noses - Derek?
*Wheelchairs, for wheelchair races - Mi16_Mitch
*Monkey, for petting - Lincoln

Hello and a Happy New Year to all!

Deka had discussed having a Sydney Dinner at some point last month, and we all decided it may be a little difficult before Christmas. This is still something we could do, if anyone's interested.

However, i would like to suggest with all this fantastic Blue-Sky Sydney weather that we've been experiencing that we soak up the sun with our Aussiefrog Skin's for a tasty BBQ and relaxing picnic by the Lane Cove River. Which is located in the Lane Cove National Park.

Entry to the park on Weekends is $6 per car, but Erin (GF) and i have been there mid-week without having to pay. However, given the fact that this would be a day-time exercise, a weekday is most likely not suitable for everyone.

So if people could please reply with the most suitable date/s and possiblities, then we can arrange something!

This is what works well for me:

Sunday 11 January (All Day)

Sunday 18 January (Up until 2pm)

Sunday 25 January (After 3pm)

Last edited:
I'd be keen, but you may want to re-think the venue there tons of construction work going on at Lane Cove park at the moment due to the Epping-Chatswood rail link.

matt205 said:
I'd be keen, but you may want to re-think the venue there tons of construction work going on at Lane Cove park at the moment due to the Epping-Chatswood rail link.

Thanks for the reply Matt,

I know, there's a bit of the construction work, but generally it doesn't really interupt the happenings of the national park. They're based down on the low end, and there's plenty of park to be had all around. I've been there for two picnic's in the last month.

But, nonetheless, we can always look at other venues...!

Any Suggestions?

Any one else keen to come along? Surely we're all dying to BBQ some Frog's Legs, right guys????

:D

well i do the cooking i come in my work gear,that wood make us look like we have our own chef at the bbq :D :D :D :D :D

I can do any. Late afternoon would be best, because I'm at work till 3pm Sundays. No need to worry about entry fee for Bennymarsh or myself cos we'll just ride our bikes down :D

Oh, and construction work doesn't effect most of the park - only the bit close to Delhi Road which you wouldn't use anyway!

Derek.

Last edited:
Aww, dang!
I'll be driving up to Sydney on Sunday 11th and flying back to Melbourne on Sunday 18th.... That close...

Jez 405 said:
Aww, dang!
I'll be driving up to Sydney on Sunday 11th and flying back to Melbourne on Sunday 18th.... That close...

Leave Melb at 5:30am and you'll make our 3pm ish start time! It take me 9.5 hours door to door Hawthorn-Lane Cove National Park (I live on the edge of the NP). How do I know this? My cousin lives there. That includes about an hour of breaks all up.

Derek :cool:

DeKa said:
Leave Melb at 5:30am and you'll make our 3pm ish start time! It take me 9.5 hours door to door Hawthorn-Lane Cove National Park (I live on the edge of the NP). How do I know this? My cousin lives there. That includes about an hour of breaks all up.

Derek :cool:

Yes, but how fast were you driving :p

I can't do the 11th because my sister is leaving to italy the next day and we are having a family lunch, but the other dates are probably ok!

Benny

I can't make the 18th but should be able make the other dates.

Sounds good Dave - I'm interested.

At this stage I'm available for all dates.

I'll come if you promise not to laugh at my new car.

Hey All,

Thanks for the replies thus far..!

Looks like the 25th would be a bit better for most of us all 'round. Considering that Derek's not available till after 3pm on any Sunday, and that most of us are ok for other dates, apart from the 11th (Benny).

So let's say Sunday the 25th at this point, for 3pm. With Daylight saving and all, this time is quite good, plus you avoid meeting at the hottest point of the day.

So, who's in for the 25th? Matt & John, you didn't mention which dates would suit you? Is the 25th suitable?

And what about everyone else here in Sydney? Lincoln, Chris, Darren?

And of course any tadpoles who would like to come..!

I'd love to come, but can't commit to a date, due to cricket season. That is, I don't know if I play on a Saturday or Sunday until the weekend is basically on me. So, plan whatever day and I'll try my darnest to come along.

My suggestion is to keep it at Lane Cove NP, it's a fun place and nice and cool in summer with it being in a valley. I very much doubt that construction work would interupt the picnic areas the locals would go NUTS!

No worries Linc'star,

You could possibly bring the cricket game to Lane Cove NP? There's some nice grassy areas, and you'd be able to dive for a catch straight into the river? Sound refreshing? Hmm. :rolleyes:

18th or 25th suits me better... heading down to the summer nats this weekend...

As has been said the construction is down the delhi rd/ lady game drive end... The other choice is to enter via Lane Cove road on the north ryde side of the park, if anyone is worried about it..

Oh and i think this is a great idea too.. just a relaxing afternoon or day.. chowing down some grub.. i would say having a nice cold one to, but i know most people will have to drive afterwards..

Last edited:
25th sounds good, shall see you all there!

Benny

P.S. If i can't talk for half an hour when i arrive it's because DeKa rides too fast for me :whip: :roflmao:

MY 4 said:
So, who's in for the 25th? Matt & John, you didn't mention which dates would suit you? Is the 25th suitable?

25th should be fine with me, sorry about the bum steer re: the construction I only ever drive past the bottom end and it looks pretty serious there ;) . Close for me though so I'm happy.

Might be worth getting the 206GTi.net guys involved as well, if they don't already know about it.

Should I start a Poll on which car I should bring along? :D

LookingforMi16 said:
No contest. The 16V. Can I have a ride? :headbang:

JG.

If you don't mind climbimg through the roll cage, sitting in a Sparco race seat with 4 point harness :dance:

What, no love for the Reggie?

I'm sure climbing through the roll cage, sitting in some sparco seats, with a 4 point harness, would be worth the ride.. :D