• Still run as is

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Be postponed until

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DjB8V

Fellow Frogger
Now that I've got a 205 thats running a road safe, I think its meetup time again. December is a shocking month to organise this sort of thing unless we want to sort out a meet on the weekend before Christmas (Friday night 14th) other than that, I'm all booked up.

So, I propose a meetup in January. This gives us all around 6 weeks to do what we have to. I'd love to say the Silver one could be running by then but who knows. As for location, lets see what numbers we get and go from there.

I'll throw out the first date (which is always open for discussion), the weekend of the 19th and 20th of January. Either of these dates work for me.

I've been listing roads I've been on over the last 12 months in my phone and its getting pretty long so there's no shortage of place to go. Either ways, lets see how we go for numbers.

1. DjB8V - Chris

Well done sir. I'll be there if it's Saturday. Route-wise, the drive I did with the VW group was great, from Knox carpark to Gembrook, Launching Place, Reefton Spur road to Marysville, Healesville etc.

I came back from the Vic High Country after a weekend of 4wding and came back from Jamison I what I think was part off the VHC tarmac rally thingy a week before it happened. I say this because we had a couple of cars scoot past us with all sorts of timing stuff attached to it. Either ways, it was a ripper road. A long way away but was a ripper road.

My old man's been getting around in the 306 for the past 4 months or so, but hopefully I'll have managed to get it back by the time this comes around. Count me in...

This Jamieson Road, was it Jamieson to Eildon, Mansfield or Marysville? Never been there myself. I wouldn't mind knowing which of those roads are sealed.

Edit: Ok, so according to Google Street View it looks like the road from Eildon to Mansfield via Jamieson is all sealed. It looks great, but is a long way to go.

Last edited:
1. DjB8V - Chris
2. peujohn
3. Stu GTi6
4. nomis
5. Isis - wheels pending :p
6. addo

This Jamieson Road, was it Jamieson to Eildon, Mansfield or Marysville? Never been there myself. I wouldn't mind knowing which of those roads are sealed.

Edit: Ok, so according to Google Street View it looks like the road from Eildon to Mansfield via Jamieson is all sealed. It looks great, but is a long way to go.

Its a huge distance.

I had a cracker of a drive from Seymour to Kyneton via Mission Hill Rd the other week - only a short stretch of dirt. Would have been even more fun without a trailer or loose stuff in the back. Always happy to be the vehicle hauling tools, barbecue, whatever.

Cool moeozz

1. DjB8V - Chris
2. peujohn
3. Stu GTi6
4. nomis
5. Isis - wheels pending :p
6. addo
7. moeozz

I would be keen to come along, but i can't do the 19th and 20th January.

The date may change (its still early days) but at this stage most people seem sweet with 19/20 Jan.

Central Victoria has some roads I'm finding. I'd be happy to meet around Woodend way or closer to Melbourne if thats better for people. The old Calder has bugger all traffic on it these days and there some nice sections of road that come of it. We could start Macedon, work through Woodend to Kyenton and back to the old Calder through Malmsberry. After that there is the road into Chewton and Castlemaine which is quite nice. Mt Alexander is here too and thats a ripper little road.

After this I'm open to which ever.