EOI Vic meetup - 205s and what not

This drive day should

• Still run as is

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Be postponed until

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's the story? Anybody going for a drive on Jan 19 or are we going to postpone?

Cheers,
Stu

Nope.... I'm out Stu.

Feb it will have to be thanks to January has exploding. Late Feb I reckon.

Same thing happened with the Shepparton weekend last year.

It's going to be like the bit in the middle of that tune by Dash Rip Rock, Let's Go Smoke Some Pot where the singer exhorts: Everybody, solo! Unsurprisingly, the whole tune sort of crumbles away...

Is it worth re-polling to see who will put a drive ahead of other proposed interventions (weddings, Bar Mitzvahs, cat spayings etc)? I'm talking about gathering up those nostalgic memories of how much people enjoyed driving their voitures, and re-installing those pleasures in the present. Being fuelled by nostalgia is a risk of stagnation IMO.

23/24th February. Meet North of Melbourne. Drive across Oz Alps, up the coast to Bega. Could Camp a night in Bega, sink beers, have a fire. Drive over and Up brown mountain the following day. Either head back to Melb or head to Syd if thats where your from?

Cam

True...

Although, plenty of time to organise it and would be a great event.. Nice roads, nice scenery and good stories to be told!

Cam

I like the idea but North of Melbourne and up the coast really don't go together to well.....

Are you talking about Wodonga, Jindabyne and then across to Bega ??? Either ways, it could be a cracker weekend.

Who's keen. I'll lock this weekend in now.

CB

NOT YET ! my gti6 is not ready !!! :D

I suppose I could stick a Peugeot badge on my Bmw and bring that!! :joker:

Hmm, I'm always keen for a morning or maybe a day of spirited driving, but I think a whole weekend of cruising is a bit beyond my attention span...

If anyone's up for a blast through the twisties for a couple of hours there's a VAG drive on the first Saturday of February. Anything is welcome to come along and the 306 manages to hold its own against some much more expensive machinery. It'd be good to get some more Frenchies along.

Cheers,
Stu

When it comes to road trips, I would like to crown Cam as the most hard core dude we have on board. Having said this, I am with Stu and a trip to Bega is an effing long way for a bunch of small, 25 yr old cars that will probably need their own sag wagon coming up behind :wink2:

whats the VAG details?

When it comes to road trips, I would like to crown Cam as the most hard core dude we have on board. Having said this, I am with Stu and a trip to Bega is an effing long way for a bunch of small, 25 yr old cars that will probably need their own sag wagon coming up behind :wink2:

whats the VAG details?

Probably should have posted the details of the VAG cruise!

Meet at Knox shopping centre at 7:30 am on Saturday 2 Feb. Head out to Warburton for breakfast, over the spur to Marysville and back on to Healesville. People who are keen then head from Healesville through to Kinglake. We usually get to Healesville by about 1:30 pm.

Details here: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/for...ly-cruise-first-weekend-each-month-61825.html

I think you can see my 306 looking well out of place in one of the photos in the first post. :roflmao:

Todd who organises things is an ex Frenchy.

As I say, everyone is welcome.

Cheers,
Stu

Go get them Germans!

Got a few ex Frenchists coming along tomorrow, but not any current ones. What gives?

Yeah - would one of our quicker southern AFs go and fly the tricolour for us!? Ash, you come to mind - go teach those Germans a thing or two :wink2:

I had a great 'spirited drive' up the old Pacific Hwy from Brooklyn to Berowra in my Pug and a Golf R the other week - I was dawdling along and he screamed past me over the bridge, but after that, let's just say I bet he was pissed the little 20yr old frenchy was stuck to him like glue up the twisties, and he was DEFINITELY trying! :evil:

Pat

Yeah - would one of our quicker southern AFs go and fly the tricolour for us!? Ash, you come to mind - go teach those Germans a thing or two :wink2:

I had a great 'spirited drive' up the old Pacific Hwy from Brooklyn to Berowra in my Pug and a Golf R the other week - I was dawdling along and he screamed past me over the bridge, but after that, let's just say I bet he was pissed the little 20yr old frenchy was stuck to him like glue up the twisties, and he was DEFINITELY trying! :evil:

Pat

Nice work Pat. Even my knackered old 306 keeps up in R's the twisties so people shouldn't be shying away from this... Straights are a different story though. The Pug might make more noise than them (combination of induction noise and various rattles :D), but pace wise there's no contest...

Nice work Pat. Even my knackered old 306 keeps up in R's the twisties so people shouldn't be shying away from this... Straights are a different story though. The Pug might make more noise than them (combination of induction noise and various rattles :D), but pace wise there's no contest...

Wish I could join you... Such awesome roads...