EOI Vic meetup - 205s and what not

This drive day should

• Still run as is

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Be postponed until

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I may be driving my 205 to Tassie (from Syd) around that time, not 100% sure of the dates yet though but 19th-20th may be a little early. I'll keep an eye on this thread and let you know how I go but if the timing works out I'll definitely be there.

I've driven the NSW/Vic high country quite a bit on the way to Melbourne and Phillip Island in all kinds of 2 and 4 wheel machinery over the years. The 205 is definitely my favourite though - not as quick as a GSXR 750, but more fun and way less scary! Awesome roads...

Pat

Chris thats the weekend of my old mans 60th.
Don't think ill make it at this stage...

But...if the dates change ill keep an eye on this space!

:cry:

It looks like my car will be back on the road by then. More importantly I have finished my wood-fired pizza oven. So if people want to drive the Dandenong ranges and come back for pizza and beer afterwards in Glen Iris, then that is an option.

Ash

It looks like my car will be back on the road by then. More importantly I have finished my wood-fired pizza oven. So if people want to drive the Dandenong ranges and come back for pizza and beer afterwards in Glen Iris, then that is an option.

Ash

That's very gracious of you Ash. Perhaps a drive of the Mountain could be an idea. The only problem is all the traffic.

60th birthday pizza party? Sounding better by the minute.

Out of control huh ???!!

That's very gracious of you Ash. Perhaps a drive of the Mountain could be an idea. The only problem is all the traffic.

Yeah, depends how early you get started. Black spur etc is sort of 205 heaven.

Im Keen on this drive too boys! Ill come down with Patpug.

Cam

I am sure we could find you some floor to sleep on if need be.

If not at Ash's, you can follow back to my place and crash at my place.

Chris

So far its looking like the 19th unless people want to suggest other dates

So far its looking like the 19th unless people want to suggest other dates

I don't look like coming through until the 1st or 2nd of Feb, but I'm only really shooting through on my to the Ferry. Would be good maybe to meet some Southern 205 folk though either on my way down or back up again 3 weeks later.

Pat

Yeah no deal...im a no go sorry lads :disappr:

If the dates change I'm a chance though.

I've got a feeling the date will have to change unless you want to do this drive without me.... This weekend has blown up and become hugely busy. I'll have a much around and see what I can organise.

Chris

It's going to be like the bit in the middle of that tune by Dash Rip Rock, Let's Go Smoke Some Pot where the singer exhorts: Everybody, solo! Unsurprisingly, the whole tune sort of crumbles away...

Is it worth re-polling to see who will put a drive ahead of other proposed interventions (weddings, Bar Mitzvahs, cat spayings etc)? I'm talking about gathering up those nostalgic memories of how much people enjoyed driving their voitures, and re-installing those pleasures in the present. Being fuelled by nostalgia is a risk of stagnation IMO.

Hahahahaha...

I'll post up a poll a bit later and we can go from there.

January has officially gone into meltdown for me. Every weekend has something/s happening as well as starting a new job as well as my new motor arriving.

I'm going to sit January out. There a poll at the start of the thread so we can see how all this plays out.

Sorry guys. Just wasn't meant to be. Once the dust of January has settled I'll be back in....

Chris