Renault 750 For sale Adelaide (Edwardstown)

R8philSA

Fellow Frogger
Hi fellow Froggers

We can't let yet another 4cv go interstate, or can we??

I couldn't resist the temtation to go and have a look at this little gem at 1052 - 1054 South Rd Edwardstown SA.

It is definately a restorer. Amazing it's in such reasonable nick for it's 1959 vintage. The motor will still run but if only briefly without a radiator fitted.

DSCF0274.jpgDSCF0283.jpgDSCF0282.jpgDSCF0281.jpgDSCF0280.jpgDSCF0279.jpgDSCF0278.jpgDSCF0277.jpgDSCF0276.jpgDSCF0275.jpgDSCF0284.jpgContact: Mark on 08 8276 1012 if your interested.

Cheers

phil

Thanks for the happy snaps Phil :) At first sight of the front of it, I initially thought this one was a over priced shocker but the more I see of it, the more I think it's one to stay in SA and get restored.:approve: Most areas that my old 4CV had rust, this one appears very solid and also appears quite straight too. It even appears unmolested, so I'll take it ! But not for $3k and only if they throw in the XK-XP ute too. :joker:Anyone got a spare 289 Windsor lying around for the ute ? :banana:

So was this one originally light green? Looking at the colour behind the i.d. plate, the engine bay and where the roof is getting thin appears to have been. Someone went to a lot of trouble doing a colour change a long time ago by the looks, even the area between the windscreen and dash is red.

Last edited:
Most areas that my old 4CV had rust, this one appears very solid

Then again, it appears to have rust in odd places, the stiffener of the boot lid, and the front edge of the body behind the front panel at least. You couldn't even blame that on a boiling battery, as that would be down the back. You really would want to fine-tooth the car first to ascertain if the extra money up front is actually saving any money from not having to carry out rust repairs.

On the other hand, it is one of the last (10,000) 750's ever made, so it must be one of the very last in RHD, if that adds any value. Also, as eluded to in the other thread, it has M32 option Volkswagen rear tail lights. Only used in Italy and Australia for the 1961 model year, and apparently quite rare in decent condition. Perhaps they may yield enough to buy a pair of the proper 750 lights.......

Also, as eluded to in the other thread, it has M32 option Volkswagen rear tail lights. Only used in Italy and Australia for the 1961 model year, and apparently quite rare in decent condition. Perhaps they may yield enough to buy a pair of the proper 750 lights.......

Were those VW lights an option Simon ? My 52 4CV had the same lights too but I just thought someone had put Volksy lights on it at some stage

Were those VW lights an option Simon ? My 52 4CV had the same lights too but I just thought someone had put Volksy lights on it at some stage

Not on a Renault, someone would just put VW lights on the car when it was required to upgrade blinkers, or when finding 750 tail lights was a bit harder than it is now. Same with VW lights on Morry Minors, IMO they just look wrong.

Not on a Renault, someone would just put VW lights on the car when it was required to upgrade blinkers, or when finding 750 tail lights was a bit harder than it is now. Same with VW lights on Morry Minors, IMO they just look wrong.

Yes I agree, they completely alter the look of them. They should stay on VW's and Manx beach buggies I reckon.

Mine also had VW lights. Spare Morris lights cam with it as well. They look close to the original 750 ones and made of glass. I am tempted to use them too.

Hi,

The Ruby Scintex glass tail lights for 4CVs occasionly come up for sale on the French e-Bay as well as Le Bon Coin.

Regards

David

Hi,

The Ruby Scintex glass tail lights for 4CVs occasionly come up for sale on the French e-Bay as well as Le Bon Coin.

Regards

David

I bid once but it got away from me. They look lovely.

Yes I agree, they completely alter the look of them. They should stay on VW's and Manx beach buggies I reckon.

chacun a son gout

personally, I prefer them to the originals and prefer them on the guards.
mind you, I consider the way the manufacturer sold the car to be a more starting point for change.

cheers! Peter

yes the vw light were the only option ,when the standard ones became unavailable ,before the internet was available for shopping ,that little tubular number plate light was also a challenge PUGS

I noticed the 4CV has a "Sold" in the window. Is it to anyone on here?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357250242.442510.jpg

Had a look at them both...VERY expensive, even compared to other cars on their lot (and Autosell are renowned for high pricing).

Another SA based Renault 750 is for sale on Ebay, with fairly brisk early bidding. A very close cousin (R1062/939957) of the above car sold by Autosell a couple of years ago, being a very late batch 750 Thriftmaster. Apart from the odd R8 looking tail lights, it looks half reasonable in the pics, original front mat and trim on the rear seats, hopefully if it is original trim under the covers on the front seats, it can be salvaged. Also it seems to have retained a circa 1977 SA rego label.

NO Reserve Auction Firma Trading 1961 Renault 750 4CV in Seaford Rise, SA | eBay

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Barring the R8 tailights and not so pretty front indicators, it looks quite nice. No reserve, and and at $2550 with 4 days to go. I wish I was looking for one.

Barring the R8 tailights and not so pretty front indicators, it looks quite nice. No reserve, and and at $2550 with 4 days to go. I wish I was looking for one.

Well, one could always rip the R8 lights off & put some early-ish VW ones on!

cheers! Peter

Can't help much. If I'm around that way I'll take a look. Think it looks OK but you never know until you see the real thing.

Phil

I've never seen it before either :confused:. You couldn't miss those R8 tail lights on it either :eek:. That would burn permanently into anyone's memory! :cry: