WTD - pug 306

I've been looking all over the place- newspapers, internet etc. Would prefer a country car rather than one that's been in a big city or by the sea (judging by the condition of the one my dad saw in Newcastle and another I saw recently that had lived by the coast). Looking for a low km N5 XT manual hatch under $20K. There's a 97 XT at Melrose Peugeot in Canberra with only 50K km but I know that it's been sitting there for more than a year and I want to know why? Probably the price of $23K. It is just what I want but having sat undriven and unmaintained for over a year is not good for a car.

I'm sure you have done a search on drive.com.au already, but I found 92 306's up for grabs. Theres stacks of XT's there........

This one looks to be pretty good value;

<a href="http://www.drive.com.au/buy/used/details_contact_print.asp?id=1177925" target="_blank">http://www.drive.com.au/buy/used/details_contact_print.asp?id=1177925</a>

Andreas - yep, but Renweave has said before that she is not interested in my car, which I can understand.

That white 306 at Melrose is down to $19,990 I see.....still way overpriced for a '97 model I reckon.

I reckon it'd be great, looks excellent and would've been run in well.
If it were an auto i'd have a chance talking my mum into it, no chance as is...i've tried!

If you gave me around $18K for my Pug i would consider selling it:)

BTW $18K for a GTi6 is a bargain good luck selling it dude thats a damn good price and i feel guilty now wanting $18K for my XR...lol

BTW my pug is a modded 1997 306XR

<span><span class=ResizableText0>
Originally</span> posted by <span class=ResizableText0>east_bay_punk:</span> <strong>i just finalised a sale
no a 1998 XSi, 64000km, manual, in good/very good condition for <span class=ResizableText0>$18000
</span> </span>
Thats a good buy, wat colour, is the Log-book complete, is it stock and neat or modded/worked, did you get the red badge or chrome badges. 64k's is average for a 98 model car, which means its a daily driver instead of a weekend warrior. Now you will reap the benefits of that wonderfull N5 chassis. Now just add AZENIS semi slicks to those xsi wheels and a better CD player (the pug stuff is a pile of poop), good brake pads and ENJOY your machine!!
Xq

ps, if i had my hands on that car it would already be upto GrpN standards...lol

well if any of you guys have seen pugsly's "blaze yellow" xsi thats the car that i have have got, will be picking it up of him sometime this week.
ebc slotted+spot drilled rotors on front, no damage what so every, paint is perfect.
log books are complete, all known pug faults have be cleared on it.