Written of CX GTi Turbo II

DoubleChevron

Real cars have hydraulics
VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
So Guys,

who in Adeliade wiped out a CX GTi Turbo II..... The worst bit is I just found out when I rang Martin Bray and he's already sold 99.9% of the parts :cry: :cry: :cry:

All he's got left is the motor and gearbox (and there about the only bits that never go wrong !!). And he only wrecked it 2weeks ago !!

seeya,
Shane L.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Why couldn't it have been a commobore or Hyundai..... whyyyyy a CX Turbo... such a rare vehicle in Australia already... one less :cry:

Can't hurt to grab a spare shane.

Dave

Actually mines a Series II Turbo I, so the motor is slightly different internally. The turbo II run a higher compression ratio ......

To plug that motor into mine it would need to work with a different injection computer & AEI computer (which probably wouldn't be a problem).

I'm still yet to hear of a motor or gearbox dying in a CX GTi Turbo, so I'm happy to do without for the moment.

I already have in the shed two T3 turbos. Martin said there was quite a bit of slack in the bearings of the turbo itself (the actual T3 turbo unit) he has. The turbo on my car, and two turbo's I have sitting in the shed have no slack in there bearings.

And all you guys that are thinking of "spicing up" your old CX's with a turbo motor.... He's already sold the wiring looms, computers .... etc .... ie: most stuff you'll need to get the motor running :cry: :cry:

seeya,
Shane L.

The worst bit is I just found out when I rang Martin Bray and he's already sold 99.9% of the parts :cry: :cry: :cry:

Must be awful for you shane. Sad to see the disapearance of another quite rare car. :rolleyes:

I might be silly

Maybe a reely silly question but can the CX2.5 turbo motor be crow barred into a DS with after market wolf or motec engine management . it would be quite interesting if not a bit perverse :crazy:

ARCHRIVAL said:
Maybe a reely silly question but can the CX2.5 turbo motor be crow barred into a DS with after market wolf or motec engine management . it would be quite interesting if not a bit perverse :crazy:

That sounds fun :eek: DO IT!!!!:wink2:

Dave

think think

I'll have to pass this by my long suffering mechanic tomorrow while he is disembowelling the 16v and shaking his tool and muttering as only a brain surgeon can .Then I have to find a transplant recipiant thats not totally stuffed and compliant
:cry: This is not going to hurt at all :cry:

ARCHRIVAL said:

Unfortunately it rotates in the other direction! :( And I don't think you can reverse a D's crown wheel to compensate :confused: .

Paul

It's been done before,

I imagine the easiest way would be to get a C35 or DS starter (they spin the 'wrong' way). and possibly move the flywheel sender. What about the oil pump ?? You'd need to spin it the opposite direction as well. Possibly you'd need a camshaft that's reversed. Everything else should just work :confused:

I doubt it's impossible, but you'd need to do detailed investigations before starting such a project.

seeya
Shane L.

What if

What if you transplanted the whole box and dice motor gearbox etc in the basic same orientation that it was in the cx and altered output shaft lengths etc. Or is there some intrinsic difference between the cx and d pardon my ignorance but i have not as yet owned either !

ARCHRIVAL said:
What if you transplanted the whole box and dice motor gearbox etc in the basic same orientation that it was in the cx and altered output shaft lengths etc. Or is there some intrinsic difference between the cx and d pardon my ignorance but i have not as yet owned either !

I suggest you look under the bonnet of a DS and CX .... Um ... You could say that won't work :roflmao: :roflmao:

The CX has an east/west engine and the DS a north/south.

seeya
Shane L.

I did discuss engine swaps with one guru who said you can change the CWP from one side to the other, so engine rotation wouldn't be a problem

i would be looking closely at the width of the cx motor with turbo on the side and seeing if the D is wide enough, then again there is a company in UK putting V6 engines in a DS, so maybe width wouldn't be an issue,

wonder how a turbo V6 DS would go ???????

ARCHRIVAL said:

You'd better come to the French Car Day later this year - Guildford on the Sunday of "Spring in the Valley", in October - and have a loooong look at the Citroens. We'll be pleased to have another Citroen owner there of course.

Who is your long suffering mechanic?

Cheers

JohnW

JohnW said:
You'd better come to the French Car Day later this year - Guildford on the Sunday of "Spring in the Valley", in October - and have a loooong look at the Citroens. We'll be pleased to have another Citroen owner there of course.

Who is your long suffering mechanic?

Cheers

JohnW
Do you mean Guildford in sydney? I may have to attend that, as I would already have a place to stay, on Garnet street if that is anywhere close!! john s

petermelb said:
, then again there is a company in UK putting V6 engines in a DS, so maybe width wouldn't be an issue,

QUOTE]

I remember Dave Cavanaugh saying something about putting Commodore V6s into a DS - sacrilage I know, but would give it the power it deserves and would prove reliable and cheap to maintain. How 'bout a PRV V6 in a DS?

Haakon said:
petermelb said:
, then again there is a company in UK putting V6 engines in a DS, so maybe width wouldn't be an issue,

QUOTE]

I remember Dave Cavanaugh saying something about putting Commodore V6s into a DS - sacrilage I know, but would give it the power it deserves and would prove reliable and cheap to maintain. How 'bout a PRV V6 in a DS?

Commodore motor ...... YUK seriously, are they still cast iron lumps :confused:

The DS deserves a nice smooth engine. Being smooth and quiet (not to mention light in weight) being the most important aspects.

As much as it pains me to say it, you'd probably be looking at a nice all alloy light weight, small capacity V6 :) .... out of a jap car :disappr:

Possibly I'd be keen to try and get a 2.2HDi stuck in there. You'd gain both huge amounts of drivability/torque and brilliant fuel economy.

seeya,
Shane L.

still reckon a 20B would be the go :D . But to keep it french, a 406 V6 would be nice.

To John W

John my citroen mechanic at present is Geoffrey at Chevron Down Under been maintaining my car for 5 years now very methodical and competant guy The electronics in the car have been the only drama's (besides the stupid things previous people did to the car prior to me rescueing from a life on the streets :evil: ) but I think thats universal when your playing with 17 year old techno cars .My work computers and soft ware become obsolete every 6 months . I hate to think how outdated the control units in my car are but you still can't fix them with a hammer and chisel :crazy: