Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Vehicle Problems

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Colour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ive got one already

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
It's not all that hard to figure really.
For starters, around Christmas time is always a quiet time in car sales. people buying presents rarely take time out to buy a car unless it's a case forced on them. (ie) car stolen or wrecked or mechanically blown something major.
Most Mi16s are beginning to show a pretty fair mileage now, so to sell easily they have to be below average klms, in top condition & then price is almost immaterial judging on recent ones bought by members on here.
Something to never forget; no buyers, no sale. If nobody is looking for a car then it simply won't sell. Nothing mysterious there. I presently have a Ford People mover for sale cheap; why haven't you bought it? Let me guess, because you don't need one, get my drift? By the same token, dropping the price from say $6K to $5 will make absolutely no difference whatsoever apart from it meaning you'll get a grand less for it. A genuine buyer will buy at 6 as easily as 5 or at worst will at least negotiate a figure.
Lastly, can I say I looked up your website & you seem to be a pretty alright sensible kinda bloke, but having said that, from your sign in name, I formed a mental picture of someone with long black greasy hair matted in sump oil, tatts like they're going out of style, jeans full of holes from acid burns and a sleeveless top with a pic of the devil on it, rings & things screwed into various parts of your anatomy and someone who can tell anyone at the drop of a hat what speed & how many revs a car or bike will do in any prescribed gear, you're obviously not, but if I draw that over exaggerated architypical opinion then I'm sure there are others that do also. :deal:
I would suggest either giving yourself a name change or signing your good lady in and readvertising under her name (providing she doesn't come on board as 'redline ruby' or similar) :eek: that way you will remove that one large impediment from the advert.

Hope I've been honest enough without standing on the corns; hang in there when the right buyer comes along, it'll sell. :dance:

Alan S :cheers:

I never even thought my name would represent that :-(

the car has been for sale for about 3 years now, admittingly it does have a decent amount of k's on it...

its also been in the trading post, had signs all over it, and i barley get a nibble, in the past 3 years, nobody has accualy looked at the car!

the price has somewhat halved, its has many things fixed upon it, including a respray. yet, nobody wishes to even bat an eye lid at it.

its very frustrating, especially when you dont want to sell it for $500-2k like trade in offers..

thanks
www.mad-biker.com who is a nice clean cut cop...

Looking through the trado fot the last few weeks I've noticed that there is as many 405's on the market as all the rest combined. It is a Peujoe so 99% of the population aren't interested, chances are when you do sell it it will be to another Pug owner who is most likely trying to move his present car on so he can buy yours Have you noticed how many cars there are around in general, of all makes and models, car yards full of them, bombs laying around the streets, wrecking yards chockas, major oversupply of motor vehicles, never been so easy to buy a car ,no deposit, terms to suit your needs , just sign on the dotted line and drive away There must be people around with a lot more dosh than you tied up in motor vehicles sweating it out big time at the moment.So there is my two bobs worth, and don't take to much notice of those tight arses on the froggy forum they wont it all for nothing, get in touch with me I'll give you $1100 for it. regards cane toad

yes well, old sigma's can go to the tip, but i still wana sell my peugeot so i can sign on some loan contract and drive away in a new car....

1150 so far, come on keep it going, you may get to my reserve :)

cheerio

www.mad-biker.com

MadBiker said:
yes well, old sigma's can go to the tip, but i still wana sell my peugeot so i can sign on some loan contract and drive away in a new car....

1150 so far, come on keep it going, you may get to my reserve :)

cheerio

www.mad-biker.com

Oh alright Ill go the whole hog 1200

Well I can see things are geting serious now. I'm going to play my trump card an offer you wont be able to refuse and cruiserman will have no hope of matching.I've got this really nice 404 for sale at $800 I'll add another $500 in cash and there we go smiles all round ,well apart from poor old cruiserman nice try. regards. cane toad.

cane toad said:
Well I can see things are geting serious now. I'm going to play my trump card an offer you wont be able to refuse and cruiserman will have no hope of matching.I've got this really nice 404 for sale at $800 I'll add another $500 in cash and there we go smiles all round ,well apart from poor old cruiserman nice try. regards. cane toad.

Ill see your 404 and raise you a 505 :tongue: :tongue:

Alan's dead right about it being a bad time of year.
My sister Tess' been trying to sell her Clio since November... we've hardly had a single bite. She can advertise all she likes, and signs in the window, leave it parked out the front of work etc etc and not even a phone call. Miraculously, this week there's been quite a bit of interest and several people are looking at it in the next few days. Hopefully one's a buyer :D

I think the most important thing is to be patient. Someone will come along, but Christmas/New Year isn't the best time to try and sell.

Derek :cool:

MadBiker,

The problem is that average condition high k cars are not worth much anymore! It's sad I know....i've got my early one for sale it's an '89 lux pack car, but it's in very very good condition...on the flip side I have another '89 Lux pack car here today, it's in fairly average condition, my uncle was offered $2,500 trade on a new 307...yes I am thinking about buying it for that....more later

Sorry !

Ben

Cars really are a shit investment, and therefore should not be looked upon as anything but a shit investment! I'm in the process of looking for a D8 406 SV, and while I haven't found anything I'd pay $ for just yet - I've seen good examples from as little as $17000 (fully optioned with leather!), so while I know I'll get totally screwed when I go to sell my 505 Gti (anyone want a really nice one?), I'll be saving $$ when I replace it. It sucks, but I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too.

The cane toads eyes are blinking sweat beads on the forehead he has the ducks and drakes He has folded , cards thrown on the table, the game got out of my league I play a lot better in the cooler months, bad time of year for doing bis. regards ,cane toad.

Liam Wishart said:
Cars really are a shit investment, and therefore should not be looked upon as anything but a shit investment!
Cars should be looked at as nothing but a liability or expense.

- XTC206 -

No offense Madbiker, but from the photos, a bit of Armoral and polish wouldn't go astray to make her a little more attractive to a buyer.

Cheers,

Cal.

hay mate...

look im broke.. but im prepared to just about be your slave in return for your once loved mi16... your obvoisly keen to get rid of it... and im keen for that pug... Hwat blood type are you.. im 19 and have quite a collection of working low milage healthy body parts that i could manage without :p

hate to see it just tossed away.. :(

Ill mow your lawn for the next 4 years... wash your house.. clean your chimney.. pick fights with bigger guys just for your amussment.. do your taxes.. walk your dogs.. take the garbage out.. yarda yarda yarda...

and ill for a limited time only ill throw in my 505 STI .. has only seen 460,000kms so its just begining to be warn in :D:D:D... Still refuses to burn oil and revs happily without much protest.. is a bitch when its cold tho ;)

let me know what ya think hay ;)

as tempting as it sounds, it wouldn't work out, you would cost more in rent and food than the car in 4 years....

I know about the interior, i just took them piccies to show someone the car and decided to put them on, the car interior hasnt been cleaned in a while..

right now i have 2 bikes, and the pug.. the gf wants a new toyota echo automatic thing..

as im saving money now it may end to be 2 cars and 2 bikes...

oh well got the power steering fixed, might give the entire system a good clean tho, throw on some new tyres as well.. and clean the dash...

www.mad-biker.com

Madbiker, Not that we need a third Mi16 in the garage...however I wll take it for $3000. cheers josephk