Which early Megane had hydraulic power steering racks?

Hey John, see the pm I’ve sent you.
Now that I’ve found my notes I’ve realised it’s actually the Clio Sport 172 rack I’m going to use. It’s the same style as the Fuego/Megane racks but is narrower than both, not too much wider than standard 17.

Found a rack from a guy here in WA Alby! 680mm end to end without rod ends. ThatAnd I found a few sources for the elec pump from an astra. Should acquire one of the pumps today. The rack maybe this weekend but another trip to Perth for that.

Fantastic, can’t wait to see how it fits.
Found the one here you mentioned but having been hanging on until we had a chance to check the measurements.
Not sure where you’re doing the 680mm measurement. Do you mean with tie rods but not the tie rod ends. If so, that seems a lot narrower than figures I’ve seen including the bare tie rods. Narrower is great of course!

Hi Alby. Just the rack, so I've been told. When the chap is ready to do the deal, I'll let you know more re measurement.
Got the Astra pump today $100. It is quite big. Not sure about fitting yet

astrapump.jpeg

680 for just the rack sounds a bit wide. Might be worth checking before you finalise the deal. From memory, rack end to end without tie rods should be around 580. Will check as far as I can tomorrow