Where are they all coming from?

In my 30-years of DS ownership I can’t remember a time when there’s been so many for sale on Carsales (and like).
There’s currently 12 for sale, just on Carsales, with at least a couple more on Gumtree.
And the quality of them is also good, ranging from pretty good to very tasty indeed😊
Not sure why they are all emerging.
Any thoughts ?
The red ID 19 is my neighbour's car. Its excellent and regularly goes for quite long interstate trips. Its very original in every detail and from what I've observed could still be a daily drive.
I'm doing up my 73 Pallas and use this red car as a template for body measurements - hate to see it go but the owner as a very credible reason for selling

I'd understood the red ID19B was once owned by Kep Enderby, NSW judge and member of the Whitlam govt.

I'd understood the red ID19B was once owned by Kep Enderby, NSW judge and member of the Whitlam govt.
Yes that's correct - a Dubbo boy from the family who owned the general store over the road from the Old Dubbo High School which was part of my history
This really is a nice car

It would be interesting to see what sometihng like that is worth. There isn't going to be many people that want such an old car :) The people that remember them from there childhood would now be in there 90's.
@Ron McGr might want a big brother to share the garage with his 1925 5CV?
The B14 is a bit closer to home than the 5CV was too Ron.👍😁

It still goes back to the fact that most D's are owned by older people who wished they could have owned one whe n they were younger and couldn't afford it. The recipient of one in a will rarely wants a car that has no air con, no power windows etc. etc. and especially one where very few mechanics will even look at a D let alone work on them.

I lived around the corner from the Enderby's - in Red Hill - in the 60's/70's and went to school with his son. I recall the family's Citroen. It fitted with Kep's quirkiness. Amongst other things he was an advocate for Esperanto.

Ian.

D's are owned by older people who wished they could have owned one whe n they were younger and couldn't afford it.
Exactly right .
In 1972, when the family migrated to Australia - Canberra- the newly released Holden HQ was selling for $2800, and a DS was $7000. 😵‍💫

I bought a GSpecial 1015 in 1975 for $4700 new which was the same price that Toyota Corollas were selling for at the time. But I lost that price advantage when I traded up to a GS 1220 Pallas in 1978 for $10,500 and then got it airconditioned.

Cheers, Ken

It still goes back to the fact that most D's are owned by older people who wished they could have owned one whe n they were younger and couldn't afford it. The recipient of one in a will rarely wants a car that has no air con, no power windows etc. etc. and especially one where very few mechanics will even look at a D let alone work on them.
Well... 🙂
At the age of 20 (1971!) I lusted after a D. I had had Renault so had caught the French bug.
Brand new DS was selling for big money at Citco, there was no way I could afford any third nose car, but at Continental Cars I chose a first nose ID19 for a giveaway price. That car took me far and wide on the east coast, eventually traded, again at Continental, for a second nose Parisienne. Again not much money. A few hundred?
Of course I could not afford to pay professional service either so had to learn myself 😎

I considered joining the Citroen Car Club back then but it was full of old, white haired gits 😬

Yes that's correct - a Dubbo boy from the family who owned the general store over the road from the Old Dubbo High School which was part of my history
This really is a nice car

I recall seeing it at a few club events over the years.
For anyone unsure, an ID19B is essentially the same car as a DSpecial, but this one predates the final dash seen in the DSpecial and had the ID version of the DS slopey dash and shares a number of its elements.

The Dutton car doesn't have A/C but also doesn't have the vented bumpers that many very late cars had even without A/C being fitted. It certainly makes it cooler, but no A/C is not a huge loss as it's simpler to work on and you don't lose the legroom, especially on the EFI cars. Just park it over summer - aestivation.

I bought a GSpecial 1015 in 1975 for $4700 new which was the same price that Toyota Corollas were selling for at the time. But I lost that price advantage when I traded up to a GS 1220 Pallas in 1978 for $10,500 and then got it airconditioned.

Cheers, Ken
These things are always interesting : Prices from Wheels Magazine September 1975

DS23 EFI manual $9990
GS Club manual

Yeah, but I changed 🙄😕
That's right, you became an old, white haired........gentleman, member of the club.
So, the more things change, the more they remain the same.
" Plus ca change, et plus c'est la meme chose."

Cheers, Ken
These things are always fun / interesting : here is a selection of 'new car' prices from Wheels Magazine September 1975.

DS23 EFI manual $9990 (auto $10990)
GS Club manual $4800 (auto $5050)

Datsun 120Y manual $3541
Toyota Corolla SE manual $3376

Renault 16TS manual $5494
Peugeot 504 EFI manual $7709
Ford Falcon 500 manual $4212
Holden Kingswood $4271
Volvo244GL manual $7630
VW Passat 4 door manual $4271
Rover 3500S manual $8183
Saab 99EFI auto $$8195

Mercedes 280 (auto) $17341
BMW 520 man $10434

Porsche 911man base model $18,455
Ferrari Boxer ( BB I think) $43,387
Rolls Royce Siver shadow $39,865

and.. "affordable exotics" ?
Alfa Romeo Montreal $15,303
Maserati Merak $19,00 (almost a Citroen)
Fiat 130 Coupe $ 16,674

I could go on but won't -the same issue has a review on the Citroen CX2200.

cheers
Ramon