Where are the Melbourne cruises, eh?

Sergetov,
I certainly didn't name anyone, and my reference

"The two cars that came to grief, if your insurance company or TAC found out what you were up to you'd be well on your way up shit creek without a paddle & as a result if anyone had been injured in those cars the other 19 drivers could easily have been learning what PUBLIC LIABILITY is all about!!!!!!!!!"
was infact not refering to your driving in any way and WAS refering to your participation in the un-insured cruise.
Go back and read Dave C's posts on cruises & public liability insurance.

RE: Public liability insurance, do you think it is worth us getting legal advice on this issue?

There are plenty of lawyers in my family? should I prod them for answers?

It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask a few pertinent questions, however it'll probably be the same as with insurance agents every one has a different answer.
cheers

It's a terrible world where you can get sued for air polution, if you fart in public litigation gone mad to bloody yankified.
whip whip whip whip whip whip whip whip

<small>[ 26 February 2003, 01:00 AM: Message edited by: Damien Gardner ]</small>

party pooper.

yeah, yeah. heard it all b4.

dont find it neccessary to explain ourselves to the "establishment".

Let them draw subjective conclusions re: the cruise or as some have aptly renamed it, HOONS. I couldnt care less about such innane opinions. Nothing that we all havent discussed (in length) before. And nothing that we havent been mindful of.

Yes, yes... i can already hear moaning about P.L. and the safety of participants, other road users, bird life, local marsupials, damage to the ozone, fauna, etc, etc. This melbourne cruise errr... "gathering", as well as future "gatherings", will always be responsible.
Full stop.

Go find another cause to holler and scream about. And get your hand off it, while youre at it (it ryhmes, eyy? mallet ).

u shouldve been there. youd think differently, otherwise.

cant wait for the next one dance

p.s. heres some cotton wool. head_ban

Pugjet quotes "dont find it neccessary to explain ourselves to the "establishment".

but a bit earlier tells every he was stickin his arse every which way & still says was driving safely,

Another says they were competitive all day & yet another states he had his D**K in custard all day till he Pee'd it off.
Kiddies playing in da sand pit GROW UP Juniors before ya freakin KILL SOMEONE.
moon moon moon moon moon moon moon moon

freakinfrogs
[QB]Pugjet quotes "dont find it neccessary to explain ourselves to the "establishment".

but a bit earlier tells every he was stickin his arse every which way & still says was driving safely,

Another says they were competitive all day & yet another states he had his D**K in custard all day till he Pee'd it off.
moon QB]
Thank you for another insightful post "freakinfrogs"......

As always your thoughts and opinions carry that much more weight us knowing that you are a regular here who posts these comments under a different/anonymous username.

Not exactly the best position from which to tell others to "grow up".
________
Roll a joint

Last edited:
Damien Gardner:
It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask a few pertinent questions, however it'll probably be the same as with insurance agents every one has a different answer.
cheers
Well,
Here's the online version of my policy booklet at <a href="http://www.nrma.com.au/pub/nrma/media/ins/motor-policy-nsw-compcar-g000059.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.nrma.com.au/pub/nrma/media/ins/motor-policy-nsw-compcar-g000059.pdf</a>

It says
NRMA - page 18 of the PDF, page 33 of the document<strong>

We may refuse your claim if your vehicle was being used for events relating to a motor vehicle club, bash, or charity event (unless you have told us your vehicle will be used for any of these purposes and we have agreed to cover it</strong>
Aussiefrogs is not a registered club, and there is no mention of organised drives in my policy - I read it cover to cover last night. The only other clause is relating to using the vehicle in a race, trial, test or contest. Aussiefrogs drives (with the exception of the NSW track day being organised) are none of the above, and are always explicity stated that they aren't.

I guess if there are any lawyers who want to give advice it could be useful Sergetov.

Derek.

DoubleChevron:
Hi Guys,

I'll add to that, I felt like getting some Renault Gordini & Alpine drivers and repetivly beating them in the head for the way they left the AFCD. Sure it's great to see a Gordini & alpine being 'driven', but in a public arena with lotsa people/pedestrians around it's plain stupid (and aside from that, there motors were ice cold, you'd never catch me thrashing my car like that when it's just been started after sitting for hours. The water & oil temp are always upto operating levels before I 'drive' :D ).

seeya,
Shane L.
The only car I noticed leaving in a possibly dangerous fashion was a slightly battered Peugeot 504 with a loud exhaust, stereo turned up loud playing "Theme from Rocky" whilst driving briskly through the crowded entrance area. The reason I remember it was because the 4 other people I was with simultaneously announced the word "dickhead" as the deed was done!

I saw an 8G and an Alpine leave earlier (seperately) - they accelerated away briskly, but only after they had left the car park area and were on the access road. I may have missed the departure of the vehicles mentioned above.

Basically I think almost every 8G / Alpine I've ever seen leaving these events over the past 15 years or so have left in exactly the same manner.

Extrovert cars are meant to be driven extrovertly. If I had the pleasure of owning an 8G or Alpine, I'd put my foot down as well, obviously when conditions are appropriate.

You're not jealous are you Shane? (Joking!!!! :D :D )

Europa
[QB]
I saw an 8G and an Alpine leave earlier (seperately) - they accelerated away briskly, but only after they had left the car park area and were on the access road. I may have missed the departure of the vehicles mentioned above.

Basically I think almost every 8G / Alpine I've ever seen leaving these events over the past 15 years or so have left in exactly the same manner.

[QB]
Obviously those owners haven't read their 8G owners handbook. "On starting let the vehicle idle at 1500 rpm for one minute" "Once moving (or words to that effect) do not use more than 4,000 rpm until the vehicle temperature has reached between 70-80 degrees C." :)

However at last years Adelaide FCD all I had to do to contravene the Public Liability clause (which I wasn't aware of) was start my 8 up. Before actually starting to move I was already perceived as a danger being chastised (reasonably severely) by a running official for actually leaving before I was supposed to. I wasn't aware I was breaking any rules. This is just an example of how serious some people take the PL issue and also how some insurers lay down different rules.

Simon:
Obviously those owners haven't read their 8G owners handbook. "On starting let the vehicle idle at 1500 rpm for one minute" "Once moving (or words to that effect) do not use more than 4,000 rpm until the vehicle temperature has reached between 70-80 degrees C." :)
You know, these guys may have complied - I saw them idling out past the start line, and then give the cars a little bit of stick up the access road. They may not have even gone past 4000RPM - it didn't seem to me to be any more than slightly exubarent driving. Certainly nowhere near the "They'll bend the rods if they keep that up" or "This is how you tune a farty R17TL at a service station on the way to a French Car Day" type of noise anyway... :)

Extrovert cars are meant to be driven extrovertly. If I had the pleasure of owning an 8G or Alpine, I'd put my foot down as well, obviously when conditions are appropriate.

You're not jealous are you Shane? (Joking!!!! )
Hi Guys,

did anyone see the Citroen CX2500 GTi Turbo leave?? It's would be as quick as the Alpines and vastly faster than the Gordini's. Notice the way it idled at about walking pace through the area (that was saturated with lotsa pedestrians) and ambled off down the road away from the place. It's oil temp & water temp guages weren't even registering yet ....

Jealous??? 2years ago Yeah!! Now?? I couldn't think of a more frustrating car to own.... A great fun little sports car & no-where to use it :( (Renault 8G's would have to be an exception, there limits are low enough to have a bit of 'fun' on public roads :D ).

seeya,
Shane L.

DoubleChevron:
(Renault 8G's would have to be an exception, there limits are low enough to have a bit of 'fun' on public roads :D ).

seeya,
Shane L.
I suppose understeer into a corner and oversteer on the exit are defined as fun. Or I must sort mine properly one day :)......

I think I'll say clear of exuberant driving on public roads though just in case of kamikaze motorbikes or exuberant drivers coming in the opposite direction :)

DoubleChevron:
[Jealous??? 2years ago Yeah!! Now?? I couldn't think of a more frustrating car to own.... A great fun little sports car & no-where to use it :( (Renault 8G's would have to be an exception, there limits are low enough to have a bit of 'fun' on public roads D [/QB]
Well speaking as a Europa owner which has only been "warmed" over, I can say that the thrill of driving a Europa is rarely obtained by breaking any road laws.

Acceleration is fun (although a Holden Commodore would have no problem keeping up), cornering is absolutely the best fun (as in pulling 1G sideways). Twisty roads can be taken at legal speeds, but at 2 to 3 times the recommended cornering velocity.

Breaking the speed limit is perhaps initially thrilling enough, but soon turns into white knuckle fear at about 160km/h when it feels like the car has lost contact with the ground. Also, sneezing whilst at legal highway speeds can be quite a dangerous effect (direct steering)

Filling up with petrol is also quite good fun, purely because you don't use a lot of it, and a full tank is only 24 litres. Makes it feel cheap for a full tank :)

Mind you, wouldn't mind one of those CX Turbos. Would make a cool recovery vehicle as well :)

DTwo:
freakinfrogs
[QB]Pugjet quotes "dont find it neccessary to explain ourselves to the "establishment".

moon QB]
Thank you for another insightful post "freakinfrogs"......

As always your thoughts and opinions carry that much more weight us knowing that you are a regular here who posts these comments under a different/anonymous username.

Not exactly the best position from which to tell others to "grow up".
precisely, dtwo.

freakinfrogs, it seems your comprehension is somewhat acute. You quote out of context and considering your "phantom of the opera" status, cannot be taken seriously... "grow up" it says.

Furthermore, i am not going to dignify or entertain your irrelevant commentary.

have a nice day.