what's wrong with this web site

eval

Fellow Frogger
I just had to register again. Can't find the thread I started earlier. I recently aquired a lovely diablo red 306 s16. I am in love! Unfortunately my previous cars (Japanese) have left me unprepared and under-skilled for my 306. I'm considering doing an advanced driver's course or something. Being female and somewhat lacking in testosterone I just don't have the courage to test her out and see what my baby can do! Does anyone have any advise?

I asked last time and only read a few replies about servicing and body-repairers in Canberra. I really only need a standard service so I suppose I don't really need a super-dooper mechanic for now. Still waiting for Mr tall,fit,and under 40!!

eval,

We had a database issue - lost a month's worth of posts/registrations
See http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11151 for info.

I've done the Ian Luff Stage 1 and Stage 2 courses at Oran Park in my 306 and can recommend them. Check http://www.ianluff.com.au for info - you need to email them for upcoming course dates. Not sure whether you want to drive to Oran Park from Canberra for a course, but lots of members here can strongly recommend them.

Derek :cool:

eval said:
I just had to register again. Can't find the thread I started earlier. I recently aquired a lovely diablo red 306 s16. I am in love! Unfortunately my previous cars (Japanese) have left me unprepared and under-skilled for my 306. I'm considering doing an advanced driver's course or something. Being female and somewhat lacking in testosterone I just don't have the courage to test her out and see what my baby can do! Does anyone have any advise?

I asked last time and only read a few replies about servicing and body-repairers in Canberra. I really only need a standard service so I suppose I don't really need a super-dooper mechanic for now. Still waiting for Mr tall,fit,and under 40!!

give ian luff at call at oran park for advanced driving

you will gain a lot of knowledge and of course they like pugs there :D

eval said:

Bring it over to my place... I'll test it out :) Always wanted to drive a S16. Bonus I'm even under 30 :D

Ky

kaiser said:
Bring it over to my place... I'll test it out :) Always wanted to drive a S16. Bonus I'm even under 30 :D

Ky

Seriously though how desperate is the car for a service? Bill McNamee is very good, and cost effective but may take a little while to get in. His contact # is 62916495. Alpine motors you'll get in quicker, but pay a little more. Conact # is 62822350.
If it just an oil change you need, any workshop should be able to do that reasonably cheaply, but if you need plugs see Bill for the parts first as he will sell them to you cheaper. How many K's has the car done and how long since the last service??

Ky

Ps Bill is over on the Southside and Alpine is in Phillip. My test driving Business is also on the Southside :)

Originally posted by eval
.....I really only need a standard service so I suppose I don't really need a super-dooper mechanic for now. Still waiting for Mr tall, fit, and under 40!!

Ah the outspokenness of the Canberrans...

I'm none of these things... over forty, not real tall, and though I'd hardly say I'm unfit, I think it would be a stretch to delilberately say I'm fit.

But I'm of Aboriginal descent if that helps?

Oh, yeah, I have all the qualifications needed to fully 'test your baby out'... years of experience at that...

eval said:

Hmmmmm......................................................
I'd like to test your baby out too. Take no notice of that Tadpole tag.

Basic service? Sure!
Under 40? Yup!

Goulburn isn't far away and they have a nice race track there.
check out http://www.wakefieldpark.com.au im sure they have training, if not go to a track day and let go. no speed limits, cars are well spaced apart, and plenty of run off, even if your an rx7 taking a tight corner at top speed and spin ;-) i use to watch when i was at the academy...

Cheers
Nathan

Wakefield Park is actually where I am at the moment... I come here sometimes.

There was a bunch of people thrashing their road cars around here today... and having a lot of fun while learning what their cars did at or near the limits of adhesion.

Thoroughly recommend it...

If you guys think I'm gonna let you just climb aboard and have the ride of your life - you've got another thing coming...nobody drives my car but me! However, maybe I could take your car for a quick spin... :kisses: Booked in at Alpine 2morrow, $350 for a major service...what a rip-off, I'm driving to Sydney in the afternoon so it's kind of necessary...my first long trip. She better be humming that's all I can say. I'm SOOOOOOOOOO excited (I get that way sometimes, especially at the prospect of a long, fast...drive). Thought about taking my baby to Penrith on Sunday for the 10 yr anniversary lion-up, but they're going to the Museum of Fire...what the **** do I want to tour a museum about fire-fighting! What's that got to do with 306's, peugeot or even cars generally? Anyway, if anyone else interesting is going let me know...maybe I could look under your bonnet & vice versa!
Just jokes. I'm an incorrigible flirt really. By the way I'm from Perth - things are much hotter over there!

eval said:
If you guys think I'm gonna let you just climb aboard and have the ride of your life - you've got another thing coming

add these two quotes together and the mind boggles :D

Still waiting for Mr tall,fit,and under 40!!

now then this sounds pretty close to right though
$350 for a major service...

it's either that or grab some gear and climb around and get dirty

there are cheaper places for service work but piece of mind it's done right by someone can be worth the extra

Is it a problem with the site if i click on "history" and click off it and the site refreshes??

Luca said:
Is it a problem with the site if i click on "history" and click off it and the site refreshes??

let me guess
you use IE6

since i flicked over to netscape i don't have the problem you have but i did with IE6

eval said:
If you guys think I'm gonna let you just climb aboard and have the ride of your life - you've got another thing coming...nobody drives my car but me! However, maybe I could take your car for a quick spin... :kisses: Booked in at Alpine 2morrow, $350 for a major service...what a rip-off, I'm driving to Sydney in the afternoon so it's kind of necessary...my first long trip. She better be humming that's all I can say. I'm SOOOOOOOOOO excited (I get that way sometimes, especially at the prospect of a long, fast...drive). Thought about taking my baby to Penrith on Sunday for the 10 yr anniversary lion-up, but they're going to the Museum of Fire...what the **** do I want to tour a museum about fire-fighting! What's that got to do with 306's, peugeot or even cars generally? Anyway, if anyone else interesting is going let me know...maybe I could look under your bonnet & vice versa!
Just jokes. I'm an incorrigible flirt really. By the way I'm from Perth - things are much hotter over there!

Eval

$350 isnt too bad really, more than what Bill would charge but heaps less than Melrose Peugeot. A major service at a dealer is $575. Anyway good luck and enjoy the drive.

Ky

Bill is well worth a visit - cost effective and intelligent servicing and repair work - I've known him since 1979 - and my recommendation is well warranted.

Cheers .... nick