We're Officially 'Tri'

the EU? You know....a.k.a. "European Economic Community"

"The European Union (EU) is a union of twenty-five independent states based on the European Communities and founded to enhance political, economic and social co-operation. Formerly known as European Community (EC) or European Economic Community (EEC). "

Member states (EUR: Euro currency):

Austria (EUR)
Belgium (EUR)
Denmark
Finland (EUR)
France (EUR)
Germany (EUR)
Greece (EUR)
Ireland (EUR)
Italy (EUR)
Luxembourg (EUR)
Netherlands (EUR)
Portugal (EUR)
Spain (EUR)
Sweden
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

:cheers:

Argh :eek: Found out earlier today what a VDO MS4200 is worth.....any guesses??

I'll leave it open for a couple of hours ......but the insurance premium just went up $109 :mad:

Chris.

Now to move the 505 and rpelace it with may-be another one, GTi manual this time.

sweden has its own currency doesnt it. It is some weird name or shilling or something?

Jack Z said:
the EU? You know....a.k.a. "European Economic Community"

"The European Union (EU) is a union of twenty-five independent states based on the European Communities and founded to enhance political, economic and social co-operation. Formerly known as European Community (EC) or European Economic Community (EEC). "

Member states (EUR: Euro currency):

Austria (EUR)
Belgium (EUR)
Denmark
Finland (EUR)
France (EUR)
Germany (EUR)
Greece (EUR)
Ireland (EUR)
Italy (EUR)
Luxembourg (EUR)
Netherlands (EUR)
Portugal (EUR)
Spain (EUR)
Sweden
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

:cheers:

The UK still uses british pounds, and Sweden still uses the Kronor

GreenBlood said:
Hey well done Chris, now you can have your own display of French cars at UQ :D

...will be nice to see your sig updated and that other Euro dissappear :evil:

Chirpy
Chris

Chris, that'd be great, but the RCCQ guys would linch me if I took anything other than the Renault.
I can see a convoy with the Xsara leading the way, followed closely by R10 on trailer towed by Blue 505 :cancan: . My entry bill will be a killer.
(falls down though, because Sue wouldn't hang round too long. ) We would be one of the first Cit's for the first few hours though, till the majority get out of bed at around 11am :roflmao: :roflmao:

Dave,

Don't forget I used to have a Reno 10S. This was noted for having as little low speed torque as the GS1015 which replaced it.

And don't forget that I ended up with this because my Mum wouldn't let me buy the Reno 16TS off my Dad when he traded it in on the Alfa 1750 Berlina.

So we could claim to be TRI but not all at the one time. :cheers:

Ken W (and Dave's Dad)

danielsydney said:
sweden has its own currency doesnt it. It is some weird name or shilling or something?
Nah, switzerland has schillings, don't know what sweden has, probably crowns, or krones....something like that!!! :confused: john s

Tri

Hi Chris,
I love your contributions. We have a YM 2000 Citroen Xsara, 1.6 auto as the freeway commuter (80km return trip). Nice lines, comfy and economical. It has made the daily trip bearable. We put a Eurovox (same brand as the head unit) 10 stacker in the boot- one cable. Easy. Makes the trip enjoyable!
1991 Peugeot 505 auto wagon - travelled Australia. That air con is fantastic!
1993 Peugeot 405 - great cruiser that just devours corners.
1968 Renault 4 Van -in bits. It's a project that I'm starting to make happen, but the body is still 60cm above its pristine chassis.
Despite the nay-saying of the Citroen affectionadoes, the Xsara has that double chevron badge.

Hi Dave,
Good to meet another member of the Tri-fraternity. I actually remembered there is at least one other 'tri' member/family here in Brisbane too, Graham66 has all 3 brands too, but many more than you nad I combined I think.
The Xsara is a lovely car to travel in whwich is really all I cansay as it's near onimposible to get the drivers seat these days, except when it's at home in the garage. :roflmao: I don't mind though, it is great to see Sue enjoying driving ehr new baby, as we have waited soooo long to have a newish car. This one is a s close to a show-room example ass we are ever likely to get and it's wonderful. Get in, start it and drive. I hopefully won't have to turn a spanner for at least a year because it includede a 12 month warrantwhich appears to be fairly comprehensive, as long as it's serviced at correct intervals in the 12 months. :banana: I say. It's so good to finally have a car that no other try-hard back-yard mechanic has had a go at and replaced some genuine part with a 20c fix.
We are looking forward to a weekend away in the near future to have a real drive of the car, and a little time away too. :wink2: :tongue:

I'd recommend a Xsara to anyone looking for a small>>medium car that's comfortable.
Chris

I have a copy of the map software coming, can't wait to turn off the dammed speed alert. It'd be good if the GPS had updated co-ordinates for where the speed zones changed so when you enter 70 zones around town, i knows even though you have it set on urban(60km/h limit).
I said to Sue the other day, lucky it isn't like an ATM where you get 3 attempts to stay with-in limits or it arms the immobiliser :eek: :roflmao: