We're Officially 'Tri'

HONG KONG PUGGY

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
:eek: TRI ???

This morning, we are taking delivery of a 1999 Citroen Xsara 1.8i 5 door hatch. :citplak: Metallic blue, electric sunroof, auto(it's for Sue) perfect condition. Log books, c/belt been done in past 12 months. It was a good price too.
Our daughter thought it was a new car, as the second one we were considering had the same milage, but was very tired looking both interiorly and exteriorly.
I already have a couple of aussiefrogs stickers put aside for it.

How many more 'tri' members are there??? :roflmao: :joker:

Heh congrats. A late model Xsara is a pretty good buy in my books. It's just a cheaper 306 with a better interior really.

There aren't many that can complete the french trifecta! In Sydney there was Deka, but I think his sister sold the Clio recently.

My sisters boyfriend has an R19 so we would often have it and the 307 and the BX parked next to each other outside. Then with the 2 GS's it started to look like a french car yard :D

We have pugs and cits sorted, maybe I need to find a Cliosport aswell, those new turbo ones look pretty nice.

Dave

Hey well done Chris, now you can have your own display of French cars at UQ :D

...will be nice to see your sig updated and that other Euro dissappear :evil:

Chirpy
Chris

GreenBlood said:
...will be nice to see your sig updated and that other Euro dissappear :evil:

Strange....when I was taught geography in primary school it was drilled into me somehow that Sweden was part of Scandinavia and not Europe. Is Scandinavia part of Europe? Was I taught incorrectly? It wouldn't be the first time :D

Congratulations. The early model Xsara's were a good car, nice to drive and a comfortable ride. The 2000 model I had was easily the most reliable of the Xsara's I have owned.

Troy.

macquered said:
Strange....when I was taught geography in primary school it was drilled into me somehow that Sweden was part of Scandinavia and not Europe. Is Scandinavia part of Europe? Was I taught incorrectly? It wouldn't be the first time :D

Oh, I see you're talking about the SAAB :whip:

...pedantic barstool, mumble #@^&% mumble :evil:

You may be right Brendan?? but speaking very generally I would pigeon hole the SAAB as Euro... :confused:

Cautious
Chris

Hey, hang on a minute.

Did Sweden vote to be in the EU? You know....a.k.a. "European Economic Community" If so, they voted for it, the French against it so in these days of enlightenment, if this is the case, the GM Holden/Saab is Eurpoean, Doctors cars wih drivers in white towelling hats in later life aka Swedish Valiants are also European, der Krautvagen, Beemers and Audis are also European as are Seats (not chairs though) :roflmao: but Cits, Pugs and Renaults are French because they voted against it. DAFs become Dutch.

Very confusing, very, very confusing. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Alan S :joker: :joker: :clown:

GPS and 6 stacker

We have our new baby home. Mum and bub doing better than ever. We discovered she's not a normal child though. Someone has installed a VDO 6 stacker and a GPS stereo :eek: But it may only live a short time, as the dammed thing has inbuilt leadfoot alert. As soon as the car reaches 60km/h, warning bells and a nasty message appears on the screen telling you to obey speed limits. :(

Can't wait for the next RCCQ or Aussiefrogs(i know it's a Cit) drive day :banana: ...follow me :chase:

Last edited:
HONG KONG PUGGY said:
We have our new baby home. Mum and bub doing better than ever. We discovered she's not a normal child though. Someone has installed a VDO 6 stacker and a GPS stereo :eek: But it may only live a short time, as the dammed thing has inbuilt leadfoot alert. As soon as the car raches 60km/h, warning bells and a nasty message appears on the screen telling you to obey speed limits. :(

What have you done !!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: You know you should have purchased a CX 2500 GTi Turbo !!! :nownow: :nownow:

Seriously, good luck with the Xsara, sounds like you have picked up a good one. :dance: :dance: :dance:

seeya,
Shane L.

Shane, I still have my car to replace yet!...Sue doesn't like Cit CX's.
It's a great little car, perfect for her needs, and a big step from the 505 wagons, 2 of which was all she had driven till now. :D
The rear vision out of it is the only point I'd complain about, it's woeful, even for me!!
The GPS is a bonus, even the dealer didn't know about it or I am sure it would have attracted a premium. I now have to find out a new price for insurance pruposes.

Chris....

HONG KONG PUGGY said:
As soon as the car raches 60km/h, warning bells and a nasty message appears on the screen telling you to obey speed limits. :(

what next ???

An in car police officer to give you the speeding fine to go with it ?? :roflmao:

/dave gets flash back to sylvester stalone swearing and getting a ticket in demolition man.

Dave said:
/dave gets flash back to sylvester stalone swearing and getting a ticket in demolition man.

I was thinking more along the lines of bruce willis in his taxi in the 5th element.

My sisters boyfriend has an R19 so we would often have it and the 307 and the BX parked next to each other outside. Then with the 2 GS's it started to look like a french car yard :D<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Its a great look it must be to have all these cars in the yard there.....lol:headbang:

briz205 said:
congrats chris,

tho its just a dressed up peugeot! :crazy:

Nick

Don't you ever dare call any Cit a "dressed up poogoe"... :nownow: :mad: :nownow: :mad: :nownow:

Especially not in the Citroen sub forum :disappr:

(Even if it really is a dressed up Poogoe, us Citfanatics are living in denial, so let us be!) :crazy: