Wanted a Fuego Power Steering Rack

Apart from the p/steer rack in my road reg fuego I have a blown seal used power steering rack and probably one some where at least one from a manual steer model. If that helped. Located in Melbourne

Hi Ken. I am waiting on an AF member to see if he will part with one as well but at this stage very interested in anything and take anything.

Could almost fit.
Still wanting a Fuego Rack!!
Shoji, this R17 has the motor mounted under the dash, I’m sure it looks better from above!

Wow Jeremy! I figured it was too much for me. And there is no going back after cutting
Would be easier to get another R17 pressed steel column for modification than getting a Feugo rack that does not leak. Also can be put back to standard/original if required later.

I actually think that power steering on the Fugeo is too light. I think I prefer the manual steering.
I totally agree, I always thought this and would prefer to wrestle the car in and out of parking spots instead.
There's a trick... move the car forwards or backwards when you are turning??

I did many kms in anger with both systems and found it very easy to adjust to either.
Granted the power rack is faster but it doesn’t translate to a profound difference in driving experience even when pushing the car hard.

If you are pushing real hard, it is alarming how hot the fluid gets. Never measured it with a gauge, but way to hot to touch.
In the end, I just couldn’t be stuffed with the saga of leaking racks.
That was 10+ years ago. Time will not have been kind to the seals nor replacement parts.

Hi Ken. I am waiting on an AF member to see if he will part with one as well but at this stage very interested in anything and take anything.
Hi John, spoke to my son on Christmas Eve and he would still prefer to keep car in one piece rather than begin to wreck it out,so no luck with rack as yet..jim

Hi John, spoke to my son on Christmas Eve and he would still prefer to keep car in one piece rather than begin to wreck it out,so no luck with rack as yet..jim
Ok Jim. I met wheelnut yesterday. I received the well travelled gearbox. Thanks so much for all the trouble you went to! There's something extra within the bellhousing. 🙂 Merry Christmas and New Year.

Reactions: COL
Yes John,extra giblets,eastern festive gum nuts,merry Christmas.some r8/10 lower shocker bushes,r15/17 washer switch I think,r8/10 rear brake pads (2sets) can’t remember what else..the gearbox would be good as synchro parts source for a rebuild,as I mentioned before the customer I bought it from said it had been recoed but on dismantling I found that it had markings on pinion/crownwheel teeth, I would say from a synchro spring being crunched around in there.so final drive would be whining if used as is..but synchro cones and springs appear as new…jim

Still haven't looked inside the bellhousing Jim. But will later today after a big drive around to a few towns in southwest WA while on holiday. 🙂