Update on C5 non starter

I have worked in this area, the piston comes out fairly easily but to do so you have to relieve any pressure in the piston & push it inwards shoving out any residual oil, it closes easily then, so leave the pressure relief screw partially open. Remove the retaining clip etc obviously. I also found it useful to get a piece of wire & use it to keep the piston retracted when replacing it after putting on the new boot. You may find you lose a bit of hydraulic oil in the process, so get a bottle of it before starting, always useful for top ups in any case.

Regards

agd123

Well was all prepare for the first full highway drive to work this morning, filled up at the servo $16 diesel to fill the tank and as the fuel gauge doesn't work I had no idea if it was 1/2 full or not. Off to the Sunshine MW and onto the Bruce heading south to Brisvegas, 7km down the highway BAM thrown it 3rd and service light ON......bugger in Limp Home Mode, no manual shifting available, stop on the side switch off ignition switch on, Manual selection is available but will not select still in 3rd, so back home I go.......a big $%#&.:eek:

Will check error codes over the weekend, hope its and sensor issue rather than something more serious.....F$ F% F@

otherwise it was a nice drive even had the cruise control working and no errors on the multifunction display so I was happy with results so far.

Ken W I'll be another couple of weekends before heading up to Noosa to drop off Lexia :cheers: ( very much appreciated the long term lend )

Agree about the creature comforts, but I just couldnt live with an auto box unless I absolutely had to, for disability reasons.
I'm going on holiday in a couple of weeks, and due to the distance involved, my mum and I will share the driving. Trouble is she is disabled, so I can't take my car as it's a manual.

Take the Kwaka!
Three very good reasons why that's not a good idea.
We are going for a week to Scotland, so too much luggage.
Mum is disabled, so can't ride pillion....though she did ride with me 25 years ago!
It's FAR TOO COLD! I rode my bike from work to mums house tonight, it was +1c. I was so glad to be picking up the car to drive home...
Cars have nice things, like a heater, and a big boot!

smiffy1071 said 'Cars have nice things, like a heater, and a big boot!'

They also have air con' so when you stop for a red light your body temp doesn't shoot up to 212deg before the lights change to green.

'Ah bikes' what fun.

Cheers,

8652c860ce74fd01dce4210620971de2.jpg

72e436fe3ebd0f6601bd5116efe4f3aa.jpg

Ok latest update and I'm going to need some ideas on this one. But will also be calling the auto box experts tomorrow. Seem like it's going into limp mode due to oil pressure difference between the reading pressure from the sensor I guess and the pressure from the valve block reading ? And as the difference to too great it throws up the fault code and straight into 3rd. Managed to drive around in SNOW mode to be able to get some useful readings.
So is it a dodgy new solenoid? Blocked valve block it was running fine until I hit the highway.

Ideas anyone[emoji26]

Sent from my GT-I9195T using aussiefrogs mobile app