Tyre(d) question

I have had the same experience with Bridgestone's RE003. Slip on takeoff and eventually (when well used but not yet close to wear limit) poor braking in the wet.
Funny how some experience these as great tyres, others not so much. On a recent post on a Mazda MX-5 FB page, a few chimed in about the RE003 being old technology and that they lack grip in the wet. The MX-5 is a light car too. Maybe RE003s in larger sizes and on heavier cars perform better. Mine are getting noisy now too.

Last edited:
watch out for tyres that are fitted with tracking devises. Its the Government, been doing it for ages. Go and look at your wheels. When the circle goes from rubber to steel rim, just a little further towards the center you may find a rubberized Aerial , they vary in length from about 25mm to 50mm . If you dont want to be tracked just cut them off.
And when you do cut them off, don't worry about the sighing or hissing noise - it's all the collected data and voice recordings escaping safely into the atmosphere :approve:.

Last edited:
Funny how some experience these as great tyres, others not so much. On a recent post on a Mazda MX-5 FB page, a few chimed in about the RE003 being old technology and that they lack grip in the wet. The MX-5 is a light car too. Maybe RE003s in larger sizes and on heavier cars perform better. Mine are getting noisy now too.

They're a great tyre in the dry and even in the wet but if there's any standing water I would be wary of braking distances in an emergency especially in a non-ABS car.