TUJP3 engine dies, Citroen berlingo?

"And I am concerned about the state of the immobiliser dashboard warning light! If it does not stay lit when ignition is switched on, then all is probably well in that department."
No dashboard immobiliser light at any stage since i bought he van, doesn't come on ever.

However.... i did get it going perfectly by by-passing the Immo and shut it off.
Started it again and ran it for a few mins , no issues
I thought about the result , replaced the "hotwire" with a very light wire and it started again and a little smoke appeared,
so i removed my work.
Oddly there was now a short where there wasn't before.
Everything works except the car won't start and there are no blown fuses.
Wiring in that area does not appear damaged.

Have i fried the ECU?
New codes,
PO351 ignition coil ,primary circuit.
PO201 Injection circuit open.

Might a new working set of ECU/BSI/Lock IMMO solve my problems/

Or do i just store fencing stuff in it?

Attachments

• Citroen hot wire.jpg
    Citroen hot wire.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 87
do you have any way of measuring the current in that very light wire ,could you install a thicker wire with a fuse holder in it ,and gradually increase fuse size till it doesn't blow .may not be a short, just a larger load than that wire can cope with ,its possible that a wire has shorted to earth ,one end welding itself to earth the other ,broken through ,good luck finding it

I take it that the wire in the picture goes to the battery positive?
So you have by-passed fuse F15 and put power directly onto the coil pack, injector and heater circuit?
Don't know why you substituted for a lighter gauge wire. What rating does fuse F15 have? Running all that power, I would guess it's pretty high. The heaters alone would draw a fair bit of current.
Now you have the error codes I was expecting before! AlexB may have been right, but the error codes are all over the shop! What has happened to the heater code and why didn't those codes pop up before...hmmm?
If that "lighter gauge wire" has burnt out, I would say your trouble is with the power to the coil pack, injectors and heaters (I.E. the F15 circuit).
If you put that original "by-pass wire" back, and the car runs, the problem is inside the BSM. I.E. the F15 power distribution circuit.

The Berlingo van has been siting in the paddock, still months of rego.

Is there someone who can modify the ECU to disable the immobiliser or at least check if that is the problem?
No fault comes up in the scan.

Will the fuel pump work with an immobiliser fault?
Thinking?

I put more fuel in it and can hear the pump but it won't start.
The BSM will run the fuel pump for a few seconds, to prime the system, when the ignition key is turned to ignition. But if the engine does not run, the BSM will cut power to the fuel pump. Irrespective of whether the immobilizer works or not.

In your very first post you said that you "can hear the fuel pump". Is it priming the system or not? There is a schrader valve on the right hand end of the injector fuel rail (viewed from the front of the car). If you push the valve in does fuel gush out?

Ok I'm thinking you have burnt out the pin either on the BSM or the molex plug.
Check the pins you hotwired. Test with meter and visually inspect . Clean /correct and start your fault finding again