Tube bender

I got the idea from a previous AF post and made up a 'special tool' to put beads in the ends.
Uses a vise grip, washer and half exhaust clamp. Cheap and worked very well.
that is an awesome tool.... I'm going to have to make one. Have you figured out a way of bead rolling smaller lines (eg: metal fuel lines? )

that is an awesome tool.... I'm going to have to make one. Have you figured out a way of bead rolling smaller lines (eg: metal fuel lines? )
You can get size specific ones for around $30 if you shop around, eg 5/16", 3/8" etc.
Like the image.

images (3).jpeg

For some people the car is just a fashion accessory. Compare dyno printouts, but never use the power.

I have posted in the Renault Forum about a bead tool that can do all sizes. For those who don't read the Renault Forum, I have bought myself a cheap electrical terminal crimper from Ali-Express or one of those sites and then I removed the ratchet goodie completely and ground the one side of the nose away for access to the smaller tubes. Electrical lugs can still be crimped as well.

I have photographed a fuel filler neck that I did and that is mild steel. Then as a test, I made a bead in a 20mm Aluminium pipe and it works fine as well.

This is the filler neck.

thumbnail_IMG_0509.jpg

This is the 20mm tube all done with one tool.

thumbnail_IMG_0933.jpg

This is what the tool/crimper looks like. Note the piece that I cut on the bottom jaw to go into the smaller diameters.

thumbnail_IMG_0935.jpg

Regards. Frans.

A mate of mine bought one of these off EBay for around $80. Clamps it in his vise and it spits them.out like bought ones, both aluminium and steel.
I rang him and he said it does pipe from 5/8" and up.

20230712_192613.jpg

I got the idea from a previous AF post and made up a 'special tool' to put beads in the ends.
Uses a vise grip, washer and half exhaust clamp. Cheap and worked very well.
That's quite clever! But I will say that I also used ali tube and silicon bends, and if anything, separating the two later was a challenge, even without any ribbing on the tube!