Tool Talk

you need a way of turning the filler once you have pressurised it. yes, you need to push the sphere up against an "O"ring to make the area around the filler plug air tight.

seeya,
Shane l.

Bit more mundane, but picked up 1 m steel ruler from the cheap bin at local Bunnings for $6.00, 600 mm length steel rulers were even better value at $2.50

G'day fellow toolnuts.

Made myself a bitchin' pair of skew chisels out of standard Bunnings fare and at about $13ea I'd say that's great value. Reground and buffed up on a calico wheel they are as sharp as..:eek:

If you try this at home kiddies, be careful you don't cook the metal.:nownow:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 577
  • aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 523

Attachments

• bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 567
  • bbbb.jpg
    bbbb.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 571
I've just bought some cheap timing tools for the Pug from Hong Kong, $14 on eBay. I shall report back once used. They look like exact copies of the Sealey ones.

Attachments

• are.jpg
    are.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 494
I would’ve thought you’d need wood working tools to rebuild that Renault truck Mr G?

Hmm, that is a real antenna?

Is essential a magnetic loop, but by using deviated loop , you reduce the size but don't sacrifice the efficiency.

That particular loop, covers four amateur radio bands - 80m, 40m, 20m, 15m which is a further advantage.

And it's only about 1200mm in diameter, and largely non directional.

The only downside, if you can call it that, is if used for transmitting there are very high voltages present on the top of loop at 100w power input, up 50 KV or so.

THE WRENCH WITH THE GRIP THAT WON'T SLIP!

https://branddevelopers.com.au/shop/the-renovator-better-grip

you guys have probably covered these but what was the verdict? swipe left or right?

thanks

ed

I am wondering what the seller is "gripping".

Non specific size "bolt and nut destroyers" have been around for ever.

Basic physics, suggests to me, that a tool that applies force to all sides simultaneously will always work better and maintain the integrity of the nut or bolt too.

IMO best use of the tool is probably, in vehicle application, as a defence against road rage attackers.