Those weird old citroens

My standard line anywhere I go for car project materials is " how much is it, you've got to ask these days I suppose"?

I was in Supercheap the other day and their large rattle cans of primer, spray putty, satin black etc are near enough $30 a can now.
It wasn't that long ago they were $12.99.
What I presume are brass fittings must surely be made of gold?
Unless it's a simple hose tail the prices have gone through the roof.

I'm guessing you told Enzed your bits were for an old Citroen, and they figured you must be loaded.😉

I'm assuming they are just quoting what is in the system. anyone that buy remote reseviour braking systems is going to be someone that spends big $$$ on aftermarket parts. I'm thinking it is because the manufacturer has probably certified the line as brake fluid safe :unsure:

The guys at our local shops are usually pretty good, they don't really get a say in prices though. that is all in the computer system

I had enough hooked up today to fire the motor... All that effort with the carby.... it running very rich and the idle mixture screw does not much ... i have to have it screwed all the way in. I'm betting i have a jet mixed up somewhere

Well its only taken ... what .... 4 .... maybe 5 years ... but she is finally moving under her own power. still a bit to do yet though :)

idmoving.jpg